I was wondering for Invade and Annex, if you guys could maybe put this into your pilot channel description?
ALSO! Please add an ATC Slot so that there can be Dedicated ATCs. I Love doing ATC work in Invade and Annex!

NOW REMEMBER! I am not trying to make this a full on Military RP Server, I just want this to be the highest standard of Air Comms in the server!
I LOVE CLEAR AIR COMMUNICATIONS!!!!

BEWARE!  Notepad++ TEXT FILE:

COMMUNICATIONS AS A HELI/CAS/AA PILOT:

Introduction: (Intro)

- If Plane:

Watchtower-1, "callsign" [MSG]

- If Helicopter:

Watchtower-1, "callsign", [MSG]

Suffix and Prefix:

- When Responding: [RSP]

If understood: Copy!
If not understood / response to "How Copy?/Please Clarify?": Liquid copy, please repeat?
If fully understood / response to "How Copy?/Please Clarify?": Solid copy!

- When Calling [SFX]

If completed call: Over.
If need clarification: How Copy?/Please Clarify?
If completed conversation: Over and Out.

Creating Call: (MSG) -----> REMEMBER TO REPEAT ATC'S ORDERS AT THE END OF CALL!

- Taxying:

Taxying to Runway: [Intro] Requesting Taxi to Runway (Runway ID) via (Base Leg ID | Previous Location), [SFX]
    > [RSP], taxying to Runway (Runway ID) from (Base Leg ID | Previous Location) [SFX]

Taxying to Service: [Intro] Requesting Taxi to Service Pad, (Runway ID) on (Base Leg ID), [SFX]
     > [RSP], taxying to Service Pad from (Base Leg ID | Previous Location) [SFX]

- Taking Off:

Taking Off on Heli/VToL Pad: [Intro] Requesting Take off, Pad (Pad ID and type), towards (Location), [SFX]
    >  [RSP], Taking off [Pad ID], [Compass Dir], [SFX]
    >> [Intro], Take off from, (Pad ID) successful, heading towards (Location), (Altitude), Have a nice day/night! [SFX]

Taking Off on Runway: [Intro] Requesting Take off, Runway (Runway ID), Flaps Down 2nd degree, Centered. [SFX]
    >  [RSP], Taking off [Runway ID], Gears and Flaps are down, Heading [Compass Dir], [SFX]
    >> [Intro], Lift off from, (Runway ID) successful, heading towards (Location or Bearing ID), (Altitude), Have a nice day/night! [SFX]

- Landing:

Landing on Heli/VToL: [Intro] Requesting Landing on (Pad ID), from (Compass Dir | Alert if passing runway/s), [SFX]
    > [RSP], Landing on (Pad ID), from (Compass Dir | Alert for passing runways), (Distance) Kilometres Out [SFX]

Landing on Runway: [Intro] Requesting Landing on (Runway), from (Compass Dir), [SFX]
    > [RSP], Landing on (Runway ID), from (Compass Dir), (Distance) Kilometres Out, Gears and Flaps are Down, [SFX]

Landing on Emergency Heli/VToL Pad: [Intro] Requesting Emergency Landing on (Service Pad), Priority 1, via (Flight Way), [SFX]
    > [RSP], Landing on Service Pad, from (Compass Dir | Alert for passing runways), [SFX]

- Special Requests and Status Calling:

Requesting Available Helipads: [Intro] Requesting Heli-Pad for Common Transport, [SFX]
    >  [RSP], Moving towards (Pad ID), Expect Landing Request Call in (However Minutes), [SFX]
    >> [Intro], {Landing on Heli/VToL/Runway Pad Message}

Requesting Available Runway/s: [Intro] Requesting available Runway for (Vehicle ID), coming from (North-East/South West), [SFX]
    >  [RSP], Moving towards (Runway ID), Expect Landing Request Call in (However Minutes), [SFX]
    >> [Intro], {Landing on Heli/VToL/Runway Pad Message}

Changing Callsigns: [Intro] Callsign changing from (Old Callsign) to (New Callsign), are there any duplicates of this callsign? [SFX]
    > [RSP], Callsign is now changed to (New callsign), [SFX]

Requesting Transport Trail: [Intro] What's your transport flight path? [SFX]
    > [RSP], [SFX]

Requesting Transport Altitude: [Intro] What's your altitude? Are you climbing? [SFX]
    > [RSP], [SFX]

COMMUNICATIONS AS AN ATC:

Introduction: (Intro)

- ATC:

Watchtower-1 to "Callsign"
Watchtower-1 to All Transport Pilots
Watchtower-1 to All CAS/AA
Watchtower-1 to All Vortex Pilots

Suffix and Prefix:

- When Responding: (RSP)

If understood: Copy!
If needing to standby: Standby for (Seconds)
If not understood / response to "How Copy?/Please Clarify?": Liquid copy, please repeat?
If fully understood / response to "How Copy?/Please Clarify?": Solid copy!

- When Calling (SFX)

If completed call: Over.
If need clarification: How Copy?/Please Clarify?
If completed conversation: Over and Out.

Creating Call: (MSG)

- Lifting Off:

Someone lifting on Heli Pad: [Intro] Area Clear for Take-off, Lift off when ready, [SFX].
Someone lifting on Runway: [Intro] Area Clear for Take-off, Lift off when ready, [SFX].

- Landing:

Someone requesting for landing on Heli Pad: [Intro] Land on (Pad ID), [SFX]
Someone requesting for landing on Runway: [Intro] Land on (Runway ID), Lower Flaps and Gear, [SFX]
Someone Emergency Landing for Service Pad: [Intro] Free to land on Service Pad, Priority 1, decrease altitude and speed, [SFX]

- Objectives and Miscellaneous:

Allies requesting evac at old AO: [Intro - All Units] Priority 1 for Evac at (Old AO name), Requesting half of the transport units. [SFX]

Someone requesting Evac: [Intro - All Units] (Who's Requesting) are requesting Evac at (Position), (Time and Distance From Base), [SFX]

Need LZs to be placed: [Intro - All Transport] Current LZs are now being updated. Placing New LZs around (AO or Side), with hills and altitude in mind, [SFX]

Changing Callsigns: [Intro - All Units ] Callsign changing from (Old Callsign) to (New Callsign) [SFX]

• Like 1

• Nova    1779

not everyone wants to do this. hence why we havent really done this in the past. some people just want to jump on. have a fly then get off. if they have to remember things like this its gonna get messy

• Like 2

Rogmantosh    242

Over and out is a contradiction. It is only used in movies and can always tell people who have no radio communication training. 

Over means I have finished talking now its your turn

Out means I have finished talking and that's the end of the conversation

so here's the conversation to you and bugger you i don't want to talk to you anymore.

• Like 3

Kyroe    64

I'm afraid i have to agree and say no myself. while for a mil sim that will work. I&A Is casual. not everyone will want to do it and will ruin the experience for some. although there is no problems as far as i can see if you wish to act as ATC as you have been, its optional and for those interested in having someone act as ATC can be fun for those people. others may not wish for that experience and just to perform there roll and transport in and out on a timely basis as they have been without an ATC. your suggestion seems to make it sound mandatory if it was implemented as such and as before. not everyone will want to follow this in such a manner. its too much for casual people to remember call outs and proper 'etiquette' so to speak.

in short. if you wish to act as ATC as i have seen a few nights ago. Then why not just keep doing it as such. there really isn't a need to add this in.

• Like 1

Tracuer    92

I'm against it for the reason Nova stated before. But also, because if EVERY pilot is talking like this, the channel very quickly gets very noisy and very cluttered with comms that we really just don't need. IF we where running radios or a radio mod on a more serious server, yeah I'd say sounds great, but for I&A, we really don't need it. Just a simple "Ghosthawk movin to Pad 1" is enough really, adding much else and you start getting to the stage where your taking up the net with unnecessary info that could be stopping someone else giving a heads up about AAA danger or awareness of their loc in reference to another chopper at an LZ (which is more important than callsigns and "overs," "outs," "I'm moving on this baring for so long before moving to such and such LZ" over the pilot net).

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of having some kind of order:

The pad numbers (service, 1, 2, 3, 4) giving a heads up of which pad they go to, runway they take off or land on, helps keep a little order in the sky as pilots can hear and adjust their flightpath accordingly.

Giving calls for spacial awearness, letting a fellow pilot know you're on their 7 O'clock while your flying with them, telling a pilot your flying past their 6 O'clock while they are landed.

I LIKE that sort of thing, because that's effective communication, it's pilots letting each other know whats happening as they are the ones in control of their aircraft and know their capabilities. but going over the top with call signs and proper ratel in an evironment that doesn't have radios, it's not going to work I'm afraid.

• Like 3

Rogmantosh    242

oh and Don't use Repeat... 

Repeat means fire your last again.

Radio Communications use "say again" in lieu of repeat

RipFuel    5

Being in the game with Juddy ("ATC") has given insight into how this "ATC" control is just about catering to his ego and not explicitly beneficial to play, which is what ARMA is, its a game.

• I think this is a poor idea if it isn't even going to use real Radio Communications conventions.
    • I personally have been abused by this person because I didn't role-play with him, to the extent where he incited other people in the channel to abuse me as well.
    • The map gets cluttered by marking down pad 1, 2 , 3 & 4 with the biggest map markers you can find.
    • You even go to the point of telling pilots where to land, designating their landing zones (at this point where is the fun in being a pilot?).

All of the above leads to unhelpful amount of information in teamspeak and detracts from my personal experience.

This server already has a noticeable problem with young people on teamspeak in the CAS / Transport channel relentlessly telling everyone what they are doing, how good they're at doing it and I personally don't want to enable this type of behaviour.

• Like 3

Fitz    1239

Like everyone has said already, this is a bad idea and will not be implemented.

32 minutes ago, RipFuel said:

I personally have been abused by this person because I didn't role-play with him, to the extent where he incited other people in the channel to abuse me as well.

If this happens, let a staff member know immediately.

@Juddy - ATC | Dedi-Pilot

You are not to force people to follow your ATC guidelines. If a player doesn't want to follow them, they are not obliged to and you should leave them alone and let them do their thing. 

• Like 1

Paul Daley    1

I think that ATC is great idea, but... it will only work if:

• Pilots have to follow it
    • and that there are separate, TFR/ Teamspeak channels for different roles

ATC helps to organise the chaos of getting troops and supplies to and from AO's. Also having ATC would also let noob pilots who are less experienced at flying an easier time as they would have more space and time to maneuver at HQ.

Just my opinion but I super hope we do something like this and I am 100% in support of an ATC!