Researcher_UofA

Survey for University of Adelaide Study

Dear Participant,

This is a study about healthy gaming and prevention of gaming-related harms.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PCYWDNG

You are invited to participate in a study that aims primarily to investigate regular Australian gamers’ perspectives on strategies for reducing harmful gaming. This research is aimed to inform scientific and policy discussions on prevention strategies of gaming harm. 

Who can participate?
You are invited to participate if you are 18+ years old, Australian resident, speak English, and are a regular gamer. 

What will I be asked to do?
The survey will cover your basic background, your gaming and game preferences, and your beliefs about personal control in life. It will then obtain your views on various harm reduction strategies for gaming behaviour. 

How much time will the project take?
The survey will take about 15 minutes to complete. 

YOU WILL ENTER A DRAW TO WIN A $50 VOUCHER AFTER COMPLETING THE SURVEY

What will happen to my information?
The survey is anonymous. Only the researchers will have access to the data and no identifying information will be present in the findings or in any subsequent publications.
Thank you very much for your help on this project.

Sincerely,

Cainan Rodrigues Roncati
and
Dr Daniel King

• Like 5

• Red    1068

I have moved this to the appropriate location.

It would be good to see our members completing the survey, I have done it myself.

• Like 2

Leopard    7

"You are 18 years and over" 

There goes 90%+ of members... :'(

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, Red said:

I have moved this to the appropriate location.

It would be good to see our members completing the survey, I have done it myself.

Thank you for your help and attention. 

Anti-Wingman    211

Being someone who struggled with an addiction to gaming when i was in high school i think this survey was an excellent idea and i hope some good comes out of it. If this goes any further i'll be more than glad to participate/help any way i can.

• Like 4

Brodie0296    78

Good to see that there is study out there that doesn't revolve around the traditional just ban video games ideology, should defiantly be mentioned in schools to the young ones.

• Like 2

DJ_JoozBrorg    825

just did it was very good to read and kinda made me think, Do i have a gaming problem? I'd say yes but the reason i play so much games make me say to myself its worth it

• Like 3

Thank you all for completing the survey and providing us with such lovely feedback. Please have as many friends as possible complete it. The more participants we receive, the more representative to the gaming community the survey will be.

On 5/1/2017 at 5:26 PM, Sam01 said:

Being someone who struggled with an addiction to gaming when i was in high school i think this survey was an excellent idea and i hope some good comes out of it. If this goes any further i'll be more than glad to participate/help any way i can.

It is great that you liked the survey and are willing to be involved :) I will inform you if anything else comes up. However, if you could invite as many people as possible to do the survey, that would help tremendously for now.

I will also post a summary of the results and our interpretation in here at around October.

• Like 3