Jack.

Donations and what happens with them

Jack.    66

What happens with the extra donation money?

For all of you that where talking in the shoutbox earlier here is a thread for you to talk about it.

• Red    1068

What happens with the extra donation money?

Well... There are a few things the extra money goes towards.
    1. Better give-away's
    2. Paying for the continual expansion and improvement of the community.

Literally that is it, there are no personal expenses or anything remotely like that.

You can speculate as much as you want, but that is the only answer to your question.

• Like 5

Leopard    7
    36 minutes ago, Red said:

1. Better give-away's
    2. Paying for the continual expansion and improvement of the community.

Would you happen to have an example of either of those statements? 

The only one I can think of is the recent I&A giveaways. 

• Like 1

Jack.    66
    28 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

@Red is 100% correct on that. 

@Jack. where do think the money should go?

tbh i wasnt getting involved in the argument i just watched it over shoutbot and made a thread for it. it dosnt effect me only donating once , but i do think there was some interesting points but from what ive seen the money goes to good places :)

• Like 1

Travesty    265

I'm going to speak in my current role as an IT Manager for an international non-profit organisation.
    DISCLAIMER: I do not know figures or the operating model of StrayaGaming, I'm just offering some context to how an entity like StrayaGaming could operate.

@LuckyB33f has detailed some of the operating costs above, but it's important to realise that it is not guaranteed that every month the donations will exceed the operating expenses. You may get more donations over holiday periods, but there will be periods when you need some extra funds stored just in case this occurs. This allow you to manage the peaks and troughs of both your donations and operating costs (Some costs are monthly, some yearly, some once-off).

From what I've seen this past year, an excess of donations and support increases the giveaways and server investment within StrayaGaming.
    Again, I don't know the numbers, but this has been my observation.

I'd caution anyone getting working up about 'Where is my money going?' to remember that there is a management groups within StrayaGaming (Quite an organised structure for a gaming group in my opinion) and a donation is contributing money to further the group's activities. Put your trust in the management of StrayaGaming to reinvest and spend your donation wisely, raise your concerns to management in a constructive manner, or consider donating elsewhere if you're not satisfied with the answers they provide.

TL;DR - Rumours of @LuckyB33f having a golden cowbell are patently false. The golden ballgag, however... xD

• Like 7

LuckyB33f    1287
    1 hour ago, Blue Eagle [+1 CREW] said:

So if i was to donate 15 dollars to say The wasteland server once the "Goal" had already been reached i wouldn't be donating to the wasteland server but to a giveaway or something?

If you donated to wastelands you would help it catch up to all the times I&A have got wasteslands back...
    I&A have a sore back from carrying wastelands for so long...

• Like 1

Travesty    265
    1 hour ago, LuckyB33f said:

If you donated to wastelands you would help it catch up to all the times I&A have got wasteslands back...

mom-calls-police-to-school-thinks-son-s-

1 hour ago, LuckyB33f said:

Why not just make an overall goal then?

LuckyB33f    1287

Its easier to see how the servers are going... All perks to be in their own groups so if someone doesn't write anything we can easily see what server they want perks for and so on...

CeeFar    585
    5 hours ago, Leopard said:

Would you happen to have an example of either of those statements? 

The only one I can think of is the recent I&A giveaways. 

Oh idk, apart from every single premium giveaway there's been so far.

Staff Giveaways

Christmas Giveaways

Jack.    66
    1 hour ago, Leopard said:

@nclem

Premium giveaways are funded by..... DRUM ROLL. PREMIUM MEMBERSHIPS!!!!! 

:)

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nova    1779
    12 hours ago, Blue Eagle [+1 CREW] said:

So if i was to donate 15 dollars to say The wasteland server once the "Goal" had already been reached i wouldn't be donating to the wasteland server but to a giveaway or something?

I would imagine that at some point wasteland would would get their own giveaways too

• Like 1

Spectral    1342

I guess Community is 5 Streams running into one River, for the enjoyment of everyone. 

And if one is hurting, the others all step in and have them sorted. And that when it overflows, in runs into the other Rivers. 

TL:DR supporting the Community, as a whole, is never a bad thing. 

Edit : Wasnt sure about the 5, was 5 back in the day, and wasnt happy about the height of the font. 

Edited by Spectral
    • Like 2

Charlie    106

I mean saying it goes into giveaways and the server is one thing but its easy to lie. Plenty of servers have gone through get donations and taking out increments for personal gain (cough A3L cough).

Edited by Charlie

Jack.    66
    3 hours ago, Charlie said:

I mean saying it goes into giveaways and the server is one thing but its easy to lie. Plenty of servers have gone through get donations and taking out increments for personal gain (cough A3L cough).

Dosent mean this server is though

Charlie    106
    On 07/05/2017 at 1:33 PM, Jack. said:

Dosent mean this server is though

Not saying they are but it isnt entirely unplausible