James32

WASTELAND 2.0.0 Malden Pre-Release Announcement

Do you want a public beta test of the Malden map?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Nunny    81

Yay! Nice work James

Edited by Nunny
    • Like 2

Unit_3397    712

Remember folks, constant feedback and praise to our key wasteland developers @Dak Commstar and @James32 helps grow and develop both our community and our server. (annnddd may or may not make development go a little faster ;) ) 

• Like 3

Nova    1779
    26 minutes ago, KRISTIAN. said:

Don't like it, the one and only reason is the map is too big for the playerbase...

too big for 50-60 people?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KRISTIAN. said:

Don't like it, the one and only reason is the map is too big for the playerbase...

Same arguement people use for Altis Tanoa and other large maps, However Combat is always centred around Stores, ATMs, Missions and sometimes playbases. no one is going to go to Abdera on Altis simply because it features a desert. 

• Like 4

FBI    195
    38 minutes ago, KRISTIAN. said:

Yeah.. its slighty bigger than stratis. During the day yes i do agree it will be boring (keep in might uni breaks and school breaks around the corner), however if this map is successful it will bring a much much needed player boost being one of the first Malden servers. 

• Like 8

Nova    1779
    40 minutes ago, KRISTIAN. said:

Sorry to break it to you, but that's only at night times buddy.

and? thats when its most important

• Like 2

James32    823

For anyone who wants to test the new map;

This afternoon/evening (from this post onward for the rest of the night) I will be putting up our test server up on 119.252.191.41:2312 running a beta version of the new wasteland map if you want to try it out.

In order to play on the server you will need to install the Release Candidate (RC) build of Arma, which you can install either through steam or using arma 3 tools with the password Arma3Update172RC

Have fun! and be sure to give me any feedback you have :)

Please note due to it being the test server the server performance will be lower/you may experience more lag than you will get on the main server, if it lags this is not an issue with the patch it's just the server it's running off. Also on the test server vehicle storages are disabled, and nothing stored on the test server will transfer to the main server

Edited by James32
    • Like 2

Travesty    265
    14 minutes ago, James32 said:

For anyone who wants to test the new map;

This afternoon/evening (from this post onward for the rest of the night) I will be putting up our test server up on 119.252.191.41:2312 running a beta version of the new wasteland map if you want to try it out.

In order to play on the server you will need to install the Release Candidate (RC) build of Arma, which you can install either through steam or using arma 3 tools with the password Arma3Update172RC

Have fun! and be sure to give me any feedback you have :)

Please note due to it being the test server the server performance will be lower/you may experience more lag than you will get on the main server, if it lags this is not an issue with the patch it's just the server it's running off

• Like 3

Nunny    81

I Think you should make another central before map realease, so we can get a place to get geared up fast!

imageproxy_LI.jpg

• Like 4

James32    823

@Nunny This is an interesting idea, IE a focal point Town, however where you have indicated on the map may not be suitable as it is a relatively small town, to be effective it would likely have to be in one of the larger towns

• Like 2

Nunny    81
    1 hour ago, James32 said:

@Nunny This is an interesting idea, IE a focal point Town, however where you have indicated on the map may not be suitable as it is a relatively small town, to be effective it would likely have to be in one of the larger towns

Yeah i just circled middle of map as a rough idea

FBI    195
    1 hour ago, Unit_3397 said:

After its release and we get some general feedback from the community, we can get our main man @Dak Commstar to start making some alterations to the map :D 

I think the new central needs to be all construction buildings

• Like 3

James32    823
    1 hour ago, FBI said:

I think the new central needs to be all construction buildings

Hmmmmmm o.O:p 

Natural terrain is so beautiful on Malden tho, would hate to fill it with eyesores like those construction buildings :o

• Like 1

Unit_3397    712
    On 20/06/2017 at 5:35 PM, James32 said:

Hmmmmmm o.O:p 

Natural terrain is so beautiful on Malden tho, would hate to fill it with eyesores like those construction buildings :o

@Dak Commstar what do you have to say to this statement? ;)

• Like 3

LAZYSHOT    49

Fill it with construction buildings no ty.. haven't we learnt anything from stratis wastland in last few months.. keep it simple.

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    25 minutes ago, Noordo said:

wheres the aircraft carrier located?

go find it more exciting that way