Matsozetex

Base AA

Matsozetex    89

The Praetorian currently doesn't serve the purpose of base aa as well as it should, I suggest one of two things to happen:

1. Remove the trees surrounding the HESCO barriers near the base AA, for a gun that requires the largest field of fire possible to work to its best ability having trees around it makes no sense.

2. Give back the Cheetah, the cheetah serves as a better anti air gun than the praetorian (An anti-projectile cannon). The praetorian gives us a gatling 30mm which can barely track targets or hit them, while the cheetah uses its missile and fast firing twin autocannons to dispatch enemy aircraft with ease.

• Nova    1779
    46 minutes ago, Matsozetex said:

Remove the trees surrounding the HESCO barriers

its only shooting up? planes arent gonna be flying directly at the AA from the horizon

46 minutes ago, Matsozetex said:

ive back the Cheetah, the cheetah serves as a better anti air gun than the praetorian

i agree with this praetorian is trash but cheetah is OP 2 praetorians in different locaitons would be better

• Like 1

Fitz    1239

The Cheetah had it's missiles disabled when it was used, so it was just the guns. I think the guns on it fire slower than the Praetorian, but I don't know for sure without testing it. 

Unlike in real life, the Praetorian isn't an anti-projectile cannon as you can't shoot projectiles down in Arma 3, as far as I know. It's intended for the new jets.

Something does need to be done about the trees though, either moving the AA altogether or removing the trees or both.

Travesty    265
    37 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Something does need to be done about the trees though, either moving the AA altogether or removing the trees or both.

How about 2 Praetorian locations, one at the 22 end of the median strip between the runways and one at the 04 end.

Then they are in open terrain and most effective and they are protecting servicing/taxiing aircraft.

Priority for AA shouldn't be the infantry or vehicles, but the grounded aircraft.

• Like 2

Fitz    1239
    2 hours ago, Travesty said:

How about 2 Praetorian locations, one at the 22 end of the median strip between the runways and one at the 04 end.

I tried this with Brid this afternoon, seemed a bit too OP. Although it looked very cool :smiley:

I've moved the Praetorian to the centre of the runway for now. See how that goes.

Edited by Fitz
    • Like 1