Subnoize

Community Meeting Altis Life (07AUG17) 1830hrs AEST

Subnoize    131

As most of you are aware i started the process of having a weekly scheduled Altis Life Meeting for the entire community.

If you want to provide input or find out whats going on then you are welcome to showup and either listen or provide input. By no means is this mandatory, i have organised weekly meetings so that i can make everyone aware of whats going on within Altis Life as well as changes.

The procedure for the meeting is as follows.

-1830 AEST so 6:30pm Meeting commences

- Administrators opening statements

-Administrators go through last weeks points and announce changes as well as ideas that have been denied and the reasons why

-Administrators discuss what is coming up in terms of events / Changes to Factions / Pricing of items / General Quality of Life changes

-Open forum for the community commences ( Everyone has there say 1 by 1)

- Administrators right everything down

- Further points and rebuttles are discussed

-Run over points and vote on each point

- Meeting concludes

The idea behind conducting a meeting every week is to bring the community together, discuss changes and make fixes. Information on forums sometimes gets misplaced or isnt read. We all want 100% community involvement because it is you guys who play and enjoy the server. The staff want to balance the server out as much as possible as well asd provide new opportunities for everyone. By getting involved you get to have your say.

Their are a few house rules when you are participating in the meeting.

- Be polite

- Do not interupt anyone whilst there speaking

- Your turn will come so be patient

- No-one is to argue, you will be immediately removed from the channel

This meetings is strictly for ideas and discussions in making our Altis Life server better. We are not here to point the finger at anyone or accuse anyone of anything. There is a time and place for that and its not here. Over the coming weeks we will look at getting others involved in the process. If your someone who continues to provide ideas and contributes to the community we will find some sought of reward for you in doing so.

Everyone within this community has there own ideas, you do not have to agree with them however you must respect a persons judgement, its the best way of gaining everyones respect.

I hope to see you all tonight at the meeting, Just look for myself in teamspeak. Thankyou.

• Like 2

• Lotza    522
    On 8/9/2017 at 6:53 AM, Noordo said:

Will the minutes go up any where?

The minutes are recorded as notes by administrators, which we then discuss at a later time. If it is a wish that there are notes about the community meeting published publicly, its something we can arrange from the next meeting onward @Subnoize

Subnoize    131

MONDAY 07AUG17

This is what was brought up on monday fyi all

• Make striders exclusive for banks etc

• More types of robberies

• Remove Blackfish on Cop

• Pawnee ways we can implement it - - - - - -

• Sought out teamspeak and clear out inactive gangs etc

• Add AMS back to rebel store

• When opening body can you only access mags and med kits/toolkits // NO

• Lowering fed and bank cooldown times

• Teller dynamics .. .  ..  . Blasting charge

• Raising the monetary value of banks

• Tone down bank for civs

• Armoury that can be robbed for weapons

• AMS in rebel store

• ADF Force on OPFOR

• City Limits back to peach field /////////

• Airdrops with a count down once or twice a restart and more rare items

• Time between cops going between banks and APD’s / Response times Flagpole to tp to each APD

• Tasers and declarations

• Limiting all guns to 30 rounds

• Cops reviving as medics

• Button so cops can remove weapon from player / Sieze

• Remove requirement for rebel takeover

• Knockdown rounds being bugged

• Jets - consider lowering the price on pulling out jet considerably 0_o

• Remove city limits completely for rebels bring back SRT button - SRT Button already present in the game

• Variety on Drug Runs

• EMS Ack message to civs for revive - make timer longer to respond????

• Like 1

Noordo    95
    15 minutes ago, Subnoize said:

MONDAY 07AUG17

This is what was brought up on monday fyi all

• Make striders exclusive for banks etc

• More types of robberies

• Remove Blackfish on Cop

• Pawnee ways we can implement it - - - - - -

• Sought out teamspeak and clear out inactive gangs etc

• Add AMS back to rebel store

• When opening body can you only access mags and med kits/toolkits // NO

• Lowering fed and bank cooldown times

• Teller dynamics .. .  ..  . Blasting charge

• Raising the monetary value of banks

• Tone down bank for civs

• Armoury that can be robbed for weapons

• AMS in rebel store

• ADF Force on OPFOR

• City Limits back to peach field /////////

• Airdrops with a count down once or twice a restart and more rare items

• Time between cops going between banks and APD’s / Response times Flagpole to tp to each APD

• Tasers and declarations

• Limiting all guns to 30 rounds

• Cops reviving as medics

• Button so cops can remove weapon from player / Sieze

• Remove requirement for rebel takeover

• Knockdown rounds being bugged

• Jets - consider lowering the price on pulling out jet considerably 0_o

• Remove city limits completely for rebels bring back SRT button - SRT Button already present in the game

• Variety on Drug Runs

• EMS Ack message to civs for revive - make timer longer to respond????

Cheers Bevan

CeeFar    585

I see all these posts about "old straya' And I think the thing that was really appealing about the old server was the fact that it was essentially a "structured" warzone (And I use that term lightly).

One thing that always popped into my head was, the narrative of the server is rebels and cops at war, and damn they do a good job of reaching that narrative. The demilitarisation of both sides has turned that warzone into an attempt at roleplay. The server pop is reflective of this, and I think the old server was truly a unique gamemode. By constantly enforcing that it was a roleplay server it was pushing people to do something that the server wasn't actually being used for, and in my opinion if the server had gone for more of a "constant battle with rules about engagement" it could have and can still be very interesting.

The main thing in this though is you'd have to find a way for civs to be balanced into the mix, but I think it's possible.

And whilst I don't mean to push anyone away from straya, if you really want a hardcore roleplay experience there are other servers out there to suit your tastes. 

It was basically one huge game of overthrow the island, with politics, money making, and cops involved. I think that if many of the features had been moved away from requiring staff to being automated we could have had and we can still have a thriving server.

Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, this is just my opinion, and simply a reflection of the past. 

• Like 1

Vitale    88
    On 10/08/2017 at 11:48 PM, nclem said:

the thing that was really appealing about the old server was the fact that it was essentially a "structured" warzone

This is what makes servers fun but for some reason they keep pushing this "Roleplay" stuff to extremes when nobody even really does it you got people who do stupid stuff then say yeh its "Roleeeeeeplayyyyyyy" and literally mock it

Now you have a server where a rebel gets a ban for bringing a rebel gun in a circle you created a safe space for fairies the civ has nothing to do but try to shoot people in sydney and the cop gets disciplined for using his weapon to defend civs and his fellow officers 

Already brang this up 2 weeks ago and it was recently raised on cop as well

1.Too many restrictions on rebels and where they can and can't go

2.Too many restrictions as a cop + stupid amount of protocols that need complete rewrite 

As i said over and over more rules does not = better gameplay sometimes less = more and right now the server is a perfect example of how more = less

p.s

The reason i originally chose to play here over darkside was because of less rules / restrictions and no kavala safe zone

Edited by Vitale
    • Like 1

CeeFar    585
    1 hour ago, Vitale said:

This is what makes servers fun but for some reason they keep pushing this "Roleplay" stuff to extremes when nobody even really does it you got people who do stupid stuff then say yeh its "Roleeeeeeplayyyyyyy" and literally mock it

Now you have a server where a rebel gets a ban for bringing a rebel gun in a circle you created a safe space for fairies the civ has nothing to do but try to shoot people in sydney and the cop gets disciplined for using his weapon to defend civs and his fellow officers 

Already brang this up 2 weeks ago and it was recently raised on cop as well

1.Too many restrictions on rebels and where they can and can't go

2.Too many restrictions as a cop + stupid amount of protocols that need complete rewrite 

As i said over and over more rules does not = better gameplay sometimes less = more and right now the server is a perfect example of how more = less

p.s

The reason i originally chose to play here over darkside was because of less rules / restrictions and no kavala safe zone

100% agreed.