Connor.

The next step for Life

• CeeFar    585

This is really promising news for StrayaGaming, and I hope that the team has the persistence to push through any obstacles that may present themselves.

If you need help with anything, I'm happy to learn and see what I can do! :)

• kkool 1
    • <3 1

Daywalker    225

This sounds great, good luck with everything and I hope for everyones sake that this will be a great step in the right direction for StrayaGaming in general

1LT Xiverta    48

some people have been saying its all the scripts colliding with each other witch causes the crashes IDK im just going off of what i have been told 

i would say make a new mission file

Shouldn't you focus on your already abysmal server like how it crashes like 4-5 times a day, and people lose all there shit because their vehicles don't save. Do you seriously expect to maintain a player base when people are just quitting and moving to other servers because there's don't crash constantly? :waitwhat:

• Dansgame 1
    • Triggered 1

Mr Lispy    8
    On 9/20/2017 at 10:01 PM, Connor. said:

We have had these issues since January and there are other servers who have had the same problems since as early as May last year. Clearly we are all doing something wrong but no one has managed to figure out what. We have rewritten most of our mission over this year but the issue still persists so I won't be waiting around tinkering with values hoping someone figures out where we all went wrong, I'm instead going to use the time to build a mission from scratch so we can have a mission to call our own instead of taking the piece of shit that is altis life and adding some skins to it.

Am I concerned about the player base running away? Hell ****ing yea, but we've already hit a pretty depressing low this year (max of 20 players a night) and I'd rather not see us there again because I chose to sit around looking at a mission I know is 100% garbage.

The Savagery 

Nova    1779
    5 minutes ago, Ackight said:

Will this server be on the official Australia map, Altis or Malden?

likely Altis or Malden. server plans to be unmodded other than the optional mod

Connor.    1352
    1 minute ago, Ackight said:

So its a new framework rather then tonics Altis Life

spot on. built from scratch. easier to port to different maps, more freedom with the things we can script. we have can do whatever we want in altis life already but depending on the task we would need to rewrite whole systems to add new features. after a certain point u have basically written ur own mission anyway so thats what we are doing, building it how we want for what strayagaming needs. I'll have some more sneak peaks for the other thread soon.

FrankNZ    211
    Just now, Connor. said:

spot on. built from scratch. easier to port to different maps, more freedom with the things we can script. we have can do whatever we want in altis life already but depending on the task we would need to rewrite whole systems to add new features. after a certain point u have basically written ur own mission anyway so thats what we are doing, building it how we want for what strayagaming needs. I'll have some more sneak peaks for the other thread soon.

Awesome, I look forward to it.

• <3 1

Bang1324    114
    3 minutes ago, Connor. said:

You say built from scratch, but some features like 3d shops etc have been seen on other servers. Is this just a concept copy?

FrankNZ    211
    4 minutes ago, Bang1324 said:

You say built from scratch, but some features like 3d shops etc have been seen on other servers. Is this just a concept copy?

When he says from scratch obviously code is code and can only be written in some ways, but it will be unique to his style making it easier for him to customize and navigate the framework.

Connor.    1352
    Just now, Bang1324 said:

The problem with most scripts I find is that I can write them to be more efficient. Less intensive on the client while achieve the same effect. So yes all the scripts in this new mission are written from scratch by myself.

Just on that note, its very hard to be original when making a life server. I'll be doing my best to make us unique from other servers at least in our region, but as a general rule any idea you think of has been thought of before.

• Like 1

CeeFar    585
    2 hours ago, Connor. said:

The problem with most scripts I find is that I can write them to be more efficient. Less intensive on the client while achieve the same effect. So yes all the scripts in this new mission are written from scratch by myself.

Just on that note, its very hard to be original when making a life server. I'll be doing my best to make us unique from other servers at least in our region, but as a general rule any idea you think of has been thought of before.

what about shift + 2 but when you piss it's chickens instead of yellow liquid.

I betcha no ones thought of that before.

• hahaa 1
    • Clap 1
    • <3 1

JEN    84
    16 hours ago, nclem said:

what about shift + 2 but when you piss it's chickens instead of yellow liquid.

I betcha no ones thought of that before.

please never again

Bow    149

#BringBackBrissyBridge   #OGDays   #BridgeBoys    

Edited by Bow
    • Like 1
    • <3 2
    • Dislike 1

Moygstar    196
    4 hours ago, Bow said:

#BringBackBrissyBridge   #OGDays   #BridgeBoys    

It was a POLAIR test to fly through that bridge and make it out alive.

• Like 3

Griffo    159

I like these ideas

one thing that I would suggest is being able to make commercial building purchases instead of just residential. Obviously this will cost significantly more and it would allow people with big wells of money to sink that money into solid investments to see long term returns.

• Like 2

Connor.    1352
    6 minutes ago, Griffo said:

I like these ideas

one thing that I would suggest is being able to make commercial building purchases instead of just residential. Obviously this will cost significantly more and it would allow people with big wells of money to sink that money into solid investments to see long term returns.

if i did that i will need good ideas on how to make a return on the investment tho, so if u have any please do let me know.

Pezza    248

Anything like a stock market? Where you place money in a company ( Cocaine for example ) however the price can fluctuate a lot more than it currently is. So you buy 32 Cocaine stocks at 8k then you sell at 16k and hence profit, or it could drop and you lose money.

idk I think it would be cool

@Connor.

• Like 4