Matsozetex

Vehicle Lock

Matsozetex    89

I think I can vouch for most of those who drive tanks *cough SNAFU cough Aussie Dave, that having some random pleb jump in your vehicle and proceed to do something stupid is the worst. Whether you are in a bobcat defending the HQ, a tank taking out enemy vehicles from a hill or a Strider lazing a target the entitled prick jumping into your vehicle is the worst, especially when vehicles such as the bobcat average a speed of 40-50kmh and having to drive to every AO.

The way to solve this would to be a locking feature, this could be:

- A scroll action, similar to that of turret safety where a player who wants to lock their vehicle just chooses the scroll action while in it

- A limitation to those entering can only be in the person's group to enter the vehicles

- A limitation to those entering can only enter in passenger seats of that vehicle

Obviously these apply to ground vehicles and do not apply to helicopters or any other aircraft for logical reasons.

The lock will "deactivate" as soon as the "Key carrier" has left the vehicle and hasnt returned in 30 minutes and this timer is reset when the "Key carrier" re enters their vehicle.

This feature if implemented will improve quality of life for tank players, and it is understood that this is a "Public" server and cooperation is key but having some random purposely troll you or neglect the current situation and take your vehicle for a joy ride is stupid and preventable, by implementing a lock vehicle system.

• Like 1

• Nova    1779
    1 hour ago, Matsozetex said:

This feature if implemented will improve quality of life for tank players

tanks are already locked to everyone but the tank crew. ideally the tank crew should work together instead of one manning a tank

• Like 2

Matsozetex    89

Oh sorry I wasn't specific enough, any armed vehicle should have crew slots lockable, but passenger slots open. I.e the Marshall's Gunner, driver and Commander slots are locked but the passenger slots are not. Or in cases where there is no passenger slots, I.e Cheetahs and Bobcats the vehicle's entry is locked to the regular player without some sort of verification (Being in the group).

• thinking3d 1

Cpl Aidoss    8
    50 minutes ago, Matsozetex said:

Oh sorry I wasn't specific enough, any armed vehicle should have crew slots lockable, but passenger slots open. I.e the Marshall's Gunner, driver and Commander slots are locked but the passenger slots are not. Or in cases where there is no passenger slots, I.e Cheetahs and Bobcats the vehicle's entry is locked to the regular player without some sort of verification (Being in the group).

wouldn't this mean more scripting for the server and wouldn't this mean they would have to do it for every armed vic?---I'm no expert but if that was the case for each vic wouldn't that be very tasking for the server to maintain for fram reasons?

This would take quite a bit of effort to create and also i do not agree with this myself. If you want to stop people getting in... Don't! just let them in and work together with them and stop bitching to them to get out, never works.

• Wait What? 2

Nova    1779
    9 minutes ago, MasGamerPro said:

This would take quite a bit of effort to create

its pretty much in the game with the tanks so it would be easy

9 minutes ago, MasGamerPro said:

If you want to stop people getting in... Don't! just let them in and work together with them

you clearly dont play armor very much. when kids hop in your APC and waste all your ammo its annoying. but sure just let them have their fun. its only a game right?

Matsozetex    89
    On 29/09/2017 at 3:46 PM, MasGamerPro said:

This would take quite a bit of effort to create and also i do not agree with this myself. If you want to stop people getting in... Don't! just let them in and work together with them and stop bitching to them to get out, never works.

Yes, my experiences of this have been:

- Idiots wasting the ammo

- Idiots team killing

- Idiots ejecting/moving AI in the vehicle

- Idiots moving my vehicle while shooting

- Idiots moving my vehicle while lazing

- Idiots moving my vehicle in front of enemy tanks

TLDR: I wouldn't need this if idiots didn't exist

• Like 1