FlackAttack

GTA FiveM RP Life - Thoughts?

GTA FiveM RP Life   

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FlackAttack    3

Hey guys just curious to know how many of you would like to see StrayGaming do a GTA Life server

I think they would do a great job and have a huge audience as GTA Life seems to be where its at these day for RP

• Excel    828

This is a great idea, I myself love GTA, however, i have no idea how any of this online modded stuff works.

I thought rockstar didn't allow mods online? Im curious to know how this works.

• Like 1

FlackAttack    3
    9 minutes ago, ExcelForce said:

This is a great idea, I myself love GTA, however, i have no idea how any of this online modded stuff works.

I thought rockstar didn't allow mods online? Im curious to know how this works.

Neither did i until i watched a stream not long ago and noticed that the guys who made twitchRP family mod made a desktop launcher for it so you can download that witch opens as the game and there are hundreds of servers in the list its awesome!! and they are still working on it to make it better 

As for Rock star not really sure I don't know if its against their TOS but a lot seem to be doing it and seems like its allowed

Nova    1779

its technically a singleplayer mod as it doesnt utilize their online services so i think they alg with it

Fitz    1239

https://fivem.net/

Will I get banned from GTA:O for playing FiveM?#

Nope! FiveM does not interact with the Rockstar Online Services other than to validate your game copy the first time you launch it. This validation emulates the game's interaction, and can not be detected by Rockstar.
    It also doesn't modify your game files at all, even when downloading server assets, so you don't have to do anything to move between FiveM or GTA:O.

• Like 1

FlackAttack    3
    8 hours ago, Granteus said:

GTA has a roleplay mod????

hell yeah they do and its 100% better than Arma.. Arma is a dying game and all life servers are going to gta so i think straya should too

Slep.    279
    2 hours ago, FlackAttack said:

hell yeah they do and its 100% better than Arma.. Arma is a dying game and all life servers are going to gta so i think straya should too

Dying game? Realistically Arma 3 isn't even dying yet. Its still got more DLCs to be released, and the communities keep it up. 

Also both games are from 2013, so technically GTA shouldn't be better than Arma 3. Both games have their pro's and cons; Arma has ballistic physics, GTA does not (except on Grenades and GLs). GTA you can do proper drive by's in any car, Arma you can not. 

Without banging on ahout Pros and Cons for 12hrs I just think we should stick to the game and mission that SG has been developing for quite a while.

• Like 2
    • Wesmart 1
    • Seems Good 1

FlackAttack    3
    1 minute ago, Slep. said:

Dying game? Realistically Arma 3 isn't even dying yet. Its still got more DLCs to be released, and the communities keep it up. 

Also both games are from 2013, so technically GTA shouldn't be better than Arma 3. Both games have their pro's and cons; Arma has ballistic physics, GTA does not (except on Grenades and GLs). GTA you can do proper drive by's in any car, Arma you can not. 

Without banging on ahout Pros and Cons for 12hrs I just think we should stick to the game and mission that SG has been developing for quite a while.

Unfortunately your wrong Arma life is dead and one of the most unwanted modes in the game. Especially from streamers point of view. The game is so glitch and not optimized not even funny Not trying to argue its just my opinion and i still continue to play it. I just think GTA LIFE is where its at now bigger and better and a lot more realistic and better mods

• Jebaited 1

Connor.    1352

only 32 slots :dansgame:

Does look interesting, although a couple of concerns would be a game update could easily break the mod and we’d have to wait for it to be fixed, and wouldnt it be easier for hackers to get on or would that be just as easy as getting on a rockstar server?

Nova    1779
    3 hours ago, FlackAttack said:

Especially from streamers point of view

we dont cater to the streamers. we cater to the 80+ players we get every night. plus if you dont play games just coz streamers dont then thats kinda sad

• Like 5
    • Clap 1

Connor.    1352

I understand why streamers want something new, cause arma 3 life has been going around since 2013 and they gotta keep it fresh for their viewers, but in terms of the player split on arma 3 i believe it goes milsim units > KOTH > Life > Everything else cause their audience isn't so big.

• Clap 2

FlackAttack    3
    13 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

we dont cater to the streamers. we cater to the 80+ players we get every night. plus if you dont play games just coz streamers dont then thats kinda sad

LOL settle down mate no need to be so attitude about it. and yeah 80 players thats good i am 1 of them. But from RP point of view Arma is dead and not realistic enough to be a life game anymore And i don't just play because of streamers ehh you missed the point

• Wait What? 2
    • Facepalm 1

Fitz    1239
    52 minutes ago, FlackAttack said:

But from RP point of view Arma is dead and not realistic enough to be a life game anymore

Sounds like your point of view, not an rp point of view... 

You keep making out your own opinion is what everyone else thinks :dansgame:

A fivem server could be cool but if there's already hundreds of servers as you say, then what is going to make ours more special than those? 

FlackAttack    3
    1 minute ago, Fitz said:

Sounds like your point of view, not an rp point of view... 

You keep making out your own opinion is what everyone else thinks :dansgame:

A fivem server could be cool but if there's already hundreds of servers as you say, then what is going to make ours more special than those? 

Sorry I'm not trying to make out like my opinion is what everyone else thinks Although i have asked on a lot of other forums and it seems to be the case

What would make yours special is that StrayaGaming is a legit community of gamers/Role players/ and great admins!! Yes there are a few servers already up but none of them are that good or serious or moderated right you have plebs who just started a server for the first time because the GTA ones are really simple to do you can do them in like a day..  And they have never ran a community before there for not knowing how to. StrayaGaming knows how to and could really be popular and big on there and just do a damn good job

• thinking3d 1

Nova    1779

If you fivem is as good as you say it is and arma is dying from an RP point of view. then why are people still playing AL instead of fivem since theres hundreds of servers already available?

• Facepalm 1
    • thinking3d 2

FlackAttack    3
    5 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

If you fivem is as good as you say it is and arma is dying from an RP point of view. then why are people still playing AL instead of fivem since theres hundreds of servers already available?

Well like everything is obviously personal preference is int. But if you do some research you"ll find more play gta than arma :)

Nova    1779
    7 minutes ago, FlackAttack said:

Well like everything is obviously personal preference is int. But if you do some research you"ll find more play gta than arma :)

yea more people play gta online not gta fivem. i doubt getting a server for fivem will make people want to play it compared to AL where everyone is already settled in

FlackAttack    3
    22 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

yea more people play gta online not gta fivem. i doubt getting a server for fivem will make people want to play it compared to AL where everyone is already settled in

mmhmmm ok. 

M9'    169

Definitely cool to see different ideas being thrown around but honestly to say that Arma is 'dead' really is pushing it a bit far. If Arma was 'dead', there would be very little insentive for StrayaGaming, other communities or even BI themselves to further develop and flesh out the Arma 3 experience from both a communitarian and a financial perspective. Arma 3, although not currently at it's peak, is definitively not dead.

Arma 3 and GTA5 are very different platforms and although in theory it's nice to picture a stable and enjoyable experience with GTA, the simple fact remains that they are completely different games with completely different physics engines. GTA5 does a lot of things right, which is why it is as big as it is, but it lacks the depth that keep people like myself around. Additionally, this entire discussion exists in spite of StrayaLife RPG's development, a solution to many of the issues that Altis Life is currently enduring and no small project being undertaken by those involved.

StrayaGaming is thoroughly invested in Arma 3, and although I do think it would be interesting to see maybe a pop-up server or a StrayaGaming GTA event, I feel as though propping up GTA LIFE as the next Altis Life would be a bad decision.

• Like 3

FlackAttack    3
    11 hours ago, M9' said:

Definitely cool to see different ideas being thrown around but honestly to say that Arma is 'dead' really is pushing it a bit far. If Arma was 'dead', there would be very little insentive for StrayaGaming, other communities or even BI themselves to further develop and flesh out the Arma 3 experience from both a communitarian and a financial perspective. Arma 3, although not currently at it's peak, is definitively not dead.

Arma 3 and GTA5 are very different platforms and although in theory it's nice to picture a stable and enjoyable experience with GTA, the simple fact remains that they are completely different games with completely different physics engines. GTA5 does a lot of things right, which is why it is as big as it is, but it lacks the depth that keep people like myself around. Additionally, this entire discussion exists in spite of StrayaLife RPG's development, a solution to many of the issues that Altis Life is currently enduring and no small project being undertaken by those involved.

StrayaGaming is thoroughly invested in Arma 3, and although I do think it would be interesting to see maybe a pop-up server or a StrayaGaming GTA event, I feel as though propping up GTA LIFE as the next Altis Life would be a bad decision.

It does not have to be the next Altis life keep both. 

Boulter    139

Ive have played many hours on FiveM the idea of a server is good however FiveM servers can crash alot and when they do they crash you game not just the server. Also the who interaction system is completely different form normal altis life. Finaly FiveM server can only hold 32 people max which is a big issue.

Excel    828

@Clips Whats rockstars take on this? Do they takedown servers, can users be banned for playing with the fivem mods? Whats the risk?

• Weary 1