Matsozetex

Removal of Bobcat Laze

Matsozetex    89

Firstly, I understand in a logistical way, the bobcat is an extremely powerful tool in delivering Ammo, Repair and Refuel in one platform. However the current method of balancing such power feels a bit too harsh, as it is spotted by Missile Troops, Tanks, Helicopters and Jets well out of their engagement range and killed at the sleight of hand. 

Instead of reverting to an alternate method of balance, use the already existing methods of balance:

- Speed, it is terribly slow with a 50km/h top speed and 60km/h if you happen to throw it off a cliff.

- Armour, its armour can sustain auto cannon fire which is expected for a platform based off an early Merkava model but it is easily destroyed by large calibre cannons. EDIT 1: 30mm rounds have a 1/10 chance of frontal pen of a bobcat and will cleave through its side armour.

- Size, the bobcat is not a small vehicle, nor is it easy to move in a dried up river bed, it is often a big target and cannot move to cover easily if being engaged.

- Weapons, only armed with a 6.5mm machine gun which can sometimes fail to damage an Ifrit.

Considering these characteristics above, the logistical power of such a machine does not seem too powerful when you have to take into effect its performance in combat scenarios, let alone travelling to combat.

Open to hear opinions on whether the Bobcat should(n't) keep its perma laze or other ways to balance the machine.

Edited by Matsozetex
Fact Clarifcation
  • thinking3d 1

• Nova    1779

people in tanks just sit on a hill and fire with unlimited ammo. pretty OP if you ask me

Fitz    1239

People repairing almost instantly after taking a hit and constantly rearming is OP in my opinion.

I will change it so the lase isn't as active under certain circumstances. It wasn't meant to be constantly active anyway...

Matsozetex    89

@InfamousNova 

Agreed on that part, the service at base has cool downs to prevent spamming or a "touch and go" mentality.

A way to probably solve that would be to give a R&R timer/cool down.

For Rearm it should be based on the amount of Ammo shot where each type of round has a specific coefficient to the number of shells needed to be reloaded. I.e A kuma 120mm may have a co-efficient of 2 or a 6.5mm round may have a coefficient of 0.02,  say if someone shoots 10 120mm Kuma rounds they will be rearming for 20 seconds (2*10) or they shoot 200 6.5mm rounds they will rearm for 4 seconds (0.02*200) this will work provided there is a some cool down between sessions of R&R (5 seconds between each weapon system).

For the other R, repair, have a repair speed based on the % HP of the vehicle. I.e for every % of health you gain you spend amount of seconds repairing, an example may be a specific coefficient of 0.6*% needed to get to 100 where a tank on 50% health would spend 30 seconds (50*0.6) repairing. The same ruling could be applied to refuel but at a faster rate, as it is a easier task realistically.

TL;DR make rearming, refuelling and repair have cool downs according to what is needed to be rearmed (Ammo amount and type), repaired (Amount of hp to be gained to reach 100%) and refuelled (% needed to reach 100%).

• thinking3d 2

Tungsten    69

just keep it as is, adding an overly complex script is just encouraging Murphey's Law and also adding to the workload of dev team in implementing and maintaining the server, and besides, that lase is really only an issue if you forget it exists

• Like 2

Matsozetex    89
    4 hours ago, Tungsten said:

just keep it as is, adding an overly complex script is just encouraging Murphey's Law and also adding to the workload of dev team in implementing and maintaining the server, and besides, that lase is really only an issue if you forget it exists

The scripts already exist for base, so rather than my option just copy and paste the scripts from the ones at base

Ora209    142

i just love sitting up in a zeus plane and just watching the laze come up wondering if i should hit it or not lol

• Facepalm 1