Unit_3397

Current Server Events:

Unit_3397    712

Server Event List:

Quite recently we have started to increase the frequency of server events on our wasteland server, in particular, the 'admin gone rogue' event.
During the duration of the event, we have had many people ask questions like, "do you have increased health?" and "whats your health now?"
So I've created this list to show you a generalized outline of how the events run and some changes 'may' 
occur to the events at a later stage in development. 

Current server event general pointers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admin Gone Rogue:

• Admin that runs event becomes rogue.
  • Map marker follows rogue admin ever 30 seconds
  • Gets given an insane increase in damage resistance.
  • Gets 'op loadout' gear
  • (may or may not be inside a Zeus created base guarded by other staff)

Rewards:

OP gear + 100k

Future ideas & requests  - 

• Player that kills rogue admin gets reward money directly deposited into his/ her account.
  • UI display of rogue admins health on screen while mission active
  • Preset damage resistance + reward based on how many players are online
  • UI display of reward in transit/ when dropped
  • Prevent players from 'combat logging' with reward.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jet mission:

• Spawns selected person into a jet that fly
  • On death spawns 100k at wrecks final resting place + create of op gear at altitude of death that parachutes down
  • Mission marker follows players jet constantly
  • Mission marker changes to blue (ON PLANE DEATH, not final resting place)

Rewards:

OP gear crate + 100k

Future ideas & suggestions - 

• Kills do not count towards the players k/d ratio while event runs
  • Mission marker updates every 30 seconds
  • Preset reward based on how many players are online
  • Make marker follow wreck to final resting place

Future server events ideas: 

Classified documents:
Ideas

• Take case to designated area and upload documents to buyer via laptop
  • Undefined  ~
  • ~

Rewards:

Undefined ~

Bounty System:
Ideas

• Players able to assign pre-defined bounties to other players
  • On death reward gets put into killers account. 
  • 1 bounty per x time limit/ 1 bounty at any time
  • Undefined  ~
  • ~

Rewards:

Bounty that was set

EMP Event:
Ideas

• Spawns tempest device that causes EMP's to occur every x seconds/ minutes until destroyed/ deactivated
  • disables all engines on server/ massive radius around tempest truck while burst is active
  • Undefined  ~
  • ~

Rewards:

EMP Deactivates

Hacker Mission:
Ideas

• Spawns laptop that players must hack to retrieve x % from all online players bank balance
  • Undefined  ~
  • ~

Rewards:

% of online players money

'Ideas' noted in this post won't necessarily make their way into the game.
This is just a generalized post in relation to current and 'possible' future server events.
If you have any suggestions or request in relation to current or future server event ideas, please post them below. 

• Like 3

• LAZYSHOT    49

Hacker mission luv it.a mission I asked for year or 2 ago hope it's similar to the one I played few years ago..basically need a tank to finish it..or I wasn't that good back then?

Edited by LAZYSHOT

LAZYSHOT    49

I think money cap should be reduced a lot...I get by with less then 100k why anyone needs 7mill ATM is just silly...gives More reason for mission fights rather than someone chilling back as they have a stack full in an atm. What do you guys think.i would say 500k limit but for the plebs 1mill wouldn't be so bad!..?

Unit_3397    712
    15 hours ago, LAZYSHOT said:

Hacker mission luv it.a mission I asked for year or 2 ago hope it's similar to the one I played few years ago..basically need a tank to finish it..or I wasn't that good back then?

Might not be the one you played if you need a tank to finish it :/ this is an old semi-completed version from agent rev's a3 wasteland that we will make some changes too.   
    Basically, you gotta sit defenseless at a laptop for x amount of minutes to get the reward. If you have to halt the process to defend yourself, the 'hack' will restart and the time needed to stand there will change. 

14 hours ago, LAZYSHOT said:

I think money cap should be reduced a lot...I get by with less then 100k why anyone needs 7mill ATM is just silly...gives More reason for mission fights rather than someone chilling back as they have a stack full in an atm. What do you guys think.i would say 500k limit but for the plebs 1mill wouldn't be so bad!..?

I like your train of thought here, yes such a change would increase the pvp for mission fights, and it would help limit the spamming of costly vehicles, but I recall we reduced the max balance about a year back and our player base responded by requesting the decision get reversed shortly after.  I'll add the prospect of re-evaluating the max balance to our list of things to review. If your keen to speed up the process a bit, write up a poll in wasteland suggestions and direct wasteland players to it.  If the majority vote in favor, it will increase the chances us making the change.

• <3 1

LAZYSHOT    49

Yep I'm was assuming the Ai Around the mission would be a lot harder then most from what I have played.. when ai are all gone you have to sit hacking  a laptop for 5 min prob little less but something like that 

Edited by LAZYSHOT
    • Like 1