Fitz

Invade & Annex: Tanoa

Nova    1779
4 hours ago, Abraham Sterling said:

When this server first came out no one ever played it. Until majority of the regular pilots moved across.

ok?

• Excel    828

Whoever made the banner for this actually did a decent job ??

Edited by Excel
    • Like 2

Zombine45    177

Since apparently not many people know about the Tanoa server, would it be an idea to maybe put an ad for it in the spawn area of the Altis server? Like a big billboard or something?

• Like 1

webbie    186
    1 minute ago, Zombine45 said:

Since apparently not many people know about the Tanoa server, would it be an idea to maybe put an ad for it in the spawn area of the Altis server? Like a big billboard or something?

@Fitz Thats not a bad idea. Maybe you could do a sign with all servers on it as a cross promotion?

• Like 1

Farqman    86

You could also lower the amount of slots available on Altis, so once that starts getting full, people head over to the Tanoa server?

Would save server performance, and things aren’t that fun when there is 60 people on.

just a suggestion 

• Like 1
    • thinking3d 1
    • Dislike 1
    • nothanks 1

BigRed    133
    On 09/06/2018 at 7:39 AM, Farqman said:

You could also lower the amount of slots available on Altis, so once that starts getting full, people head over to the Tanoa server?

Would save server performance, and things aren’t that fun when there is 60 people on.

just a suggestion 

I disagree, I have much more fun on a full server.

• Like 1

Eazy    16
    3 hours ago, BigRed said:

I disagree, I have much more fun on a full server.

Do u feel 60+'s a better balance than 30/40??  I prefer the latter. Although I like seeing the awesome power of 60+ foightin at once I dont feel the opfor provides enough of a challenge for us overall. Then with CAS/ironside being used too, well its like walking on cake.

Defenses, barring kajman, ppl routinely head out to look for the assaulting force. Yet a year ago it seemed 50-50 whether we'd win a defense regardless of player count (maybe there were more kajmans then idk) coz opfor out the wazoo.

Also spam comes with large player counts. People begin talking over each other in chat/groups (mega-default group doubly so),  coordination gets retarded and its eventually devolves into a FFA. Smaller server count usually encourage inter squad coordination while being easier to keep track of things going on (more thrilling as ur at a disadvantage too).
    Think itd be interesting to see both capped at 30/40/50 while scrubbing the civvies for extra opfor instead. (also a real tentative trial-run of tanoan forces with a speck more accuracy)

• Like 1

pkisbest    198

I feel the AI needs to scale better with Population. We shouldn’t be able to steamroll when we have a pop of 60-70. Instead more armoured assets or Helos should spawn in when numbers are this high.

Keep everyone on their toes.

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    1 hour ago, pkisbest said:

Instead more armoured assets or Helos should spawn in when numbers are this high.

computer-fire-300x225.jpg <-------------- the server

• Like 2
    • Seems Good 1

Nova    1779
    2 hours ago, Eazy said:

Think itd be interesting to see both capped at 30/40/50 while scrubbing the civvies for extra opfor instead. (also a real tentative trial-run of tanoan forces with a speck more accuracy)

many people still dont have tanoa. we'd be cutting a lot of players off that dont have apex

• Like 2

Fitz    1239
    2 hours ago, Eazy said:

Defenses, barring kajman, ppl routinely head out to look for the assaulting force. Yet a year ago it seemed 50-50 whether we'd win a defense regardless of player count (maybe there were more kajmans then idk) coz opfor out the wazoo.

1 hour ago, pkisbest said:

I feel the AI needs to scale better with Population. We shouldn’t be able to steamroll when we have a pop of 60-70. Instead more armoured assets or Helos should spawn in when numbers are this high.

Both of these things should be fixed (or easier to fix) with Quiksilver's next release.

Spawning more stuff is easier said than done, as extra vehicles and units, combined with a large player count, all have a negative impact on server performance.

• Like 1

pkisbest    198
    2 hours ago, Nova said:

computer-fire-300x225.jpg <-------------- the server

Download more RAM?

Speaking of Quiks next update, is there an ETA till release? Or is it just whenever Quik finishes it up?

Edited by pkisbest
    • lul 1

Eazy    16
    16 hours ago, Fitz said:

Both of these things should be fixed (or easier to fix) with Quiksilver's next release.

Nice!

17 hours ago, Nova said:

many people still dont have tanoa. we'd be cutting a lot of players off that dont have apex

Probs true, if u remove 30 slots tomorrow, ud cut off 30 altis players. And itd be impossible to form a 70 player squad but there could be increased popularity in Tanoa too, or not.

Anyway regardless of the map, I view smaller adjustable superior to large ones at the end of their tether. Changes cud draw in even more players if it helpd provide more comprehensive InA experience, which leads to more servers, to more slots until eventually more are catered for than were previously.

Ill add too, I thought the high player count last sunday on tanoa was due to the handful of players at the time who rejoined right after 6pm restart making server show similar #s long enough to trick some altis players into joining by mistake, luring more players who stayed longer than they mightv otherwise. idk if it was a similarly planned thing but it was on par with Tuesday turnout. If u get some 'spillover' into that 2nd server thered b more action i rkn

Nova    1779
    5 hours ago, Eazy said:

Ill add too, I thought the high player count last sunday on tanoa was due to the handful of players at the time who rejoined right after 6pm restart making server show similar #s long enough to trick some altis players into joining by mistake, luring more players who stayed longer than they mightv otherwise. idk if it was a similarly planned thing but it was on par with Tuesday turnout. If u get some 'spillover' into that 2nd server thered b more action i rkn

the way i see it. is that if players want to play with a smaller player count they will play on the tanoa server. i myself like many others love playing with a lot of other players despite the bad fps

• Like 2

Eazy    16

Assuming they have apex, they might (otherwise on one of the many low pop altis ones out there). But I agree that most players wud gravitate towards InA servers with high player counts. Believe me my fondest times in InA were when the server was struggling (in there amongst a bunch of 3fps ones <3 BIS)

However I think while playing arma, people are after satisfying gameplay foremost. So think there may be a greater chunk of players that dont see either 5, 60 player InA being an engaging experience, choosing to play other games/modes.

With a large server,it might fillup and satisfy those who find the aspect of 60+ CoOp overshadows current limitations and/or see it as still providing challenging enough play.But with 'medium' server u might be able to appeal to both groups, get a wider audience, and enhance the challenge n teamwork.

On the other hand, I dont know how difficult it is to modify the mission, esp the blu/opfor scaling(I dont see it all being laid out in scrollbars) but reduced slot might be relatively simple to trial.

• Like 1