Fitz

Invade & Annex: Tanoa

Fitz    1239

Thanks to Quiksilver's generous mission release, we will be hosting a second I&A server on Tanoa!

Server is up. If you can't see it, direct connect with 139.99.153.145:2302

Mods: JSRS, Blastcore

NO mag repack mod required

A few bugs and things still present and some things we are used to are missing (e.g. ironside) will fix/add over next 24 hours.

Edited by Fitz
  • Like 5
  • Pogchamp 2
  • wooow 2

• Slep.    279

Jungles, Boats and more!

RIP Tanks tho, so much water...

Farqman    86
    6 minutes ago, Slep. said:

RIP Tanks tho, so much water...

You could drive a marshall in the water at 11km/h if that is your thing

• Like 1

Farqman    86

Just out of curiosity, is this the same mission file as the US Server where you can rappel out of the choppers?

Fitz    1239
    Just now, Farqman said:

Just out of curiosity, is this the same mission file as the US Server where you can rappel out of the choppers?

Yes

Farqman    86

Ahk no worries. I played a few times on the server. People were very well organised lining up for helicopter pick up

Nova    1779
    1 minute ago, Senna said:

Just confirming, the normal I&A server will still be up during this time?

yea

Farqman    86
    2 minutes ago, Senna said:

Are you able to tell us any of the mods which will be allowed?

"More details will be posted closer to then" ;)

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    11 minutes ago, Senna said:

Are you able to tell us any of the mods which will be allowed?

JSRS and BlastCore. same as Alits

• Like 1

Fitz    1239
    7 minutes ago, yankeexray said:

Change the max No. of players on the main server down to 60?

Yes, for now. Not permanent.

OP updated.

Farqman    86

I only got 5 mins to play due to other commitments but loving the server. 

The three capture zones is great to get people working as a team. Makes for some interesting fire fights. The random generated missions are a great idea too. 

Jungle warfare as expected is hard. Gives the game a different dimension. I think it will stop everyone grabbing long range rifles with large scopes. More close quarters stuff with the enemy. I just feel like this will be a completely different server, with a rethink of tactics. Exactly what the community needs.

Also creates issues with UAV. Can't just fly over to an AO and spot everything because the canopy of trees conceals heat signatures. 

Great to see the rappel out of chopper is still around. Again, adds another element. 

I know it's early days and there will be a few bugs that will no doubt be slowly ironed out. But overall I think this will be an awesome server and hope it sticks around for some time to come.

Huge thanks to Quicksilver, Fitz and the entire Strayagaming development team. 

Look forward to playing it tomorrow in greater depth. 

• Like 4

Tungsten    69

when the fog rolls in "ERMAGERD ADMIN GET RID OF IT, I CANT SEE 5 M INFRONT OF ME, I CANT SNIPE NOW ERMAGERD"

also, likelyhood of getting proper artillery assets considering CAS is gonna suck on tanoa

Edited by Tungsten

Farqman    86

Change CAS to an armed blackfish, or Blackfoot. I think this map is suited for helicopters more so than jets.

• Like 4

Tungsten    69
    7 hours ago, Farqman said:

Change CAS to an armed blackfish, or Blackfoot. I think this map is suited for helicopters more so than jets.

I agree, from our airbase at its going to be 8 km to an AO at most, and the map itself is 15 x 15 km so jets are kinda pointless, most of the map seems to favor APCs/IFVs and Helo's then fixed wing CAS for support anyway, and the for the fixed wing UAVs the Greyhawk would be a much better option then the Sentinel, its fuel guzzling and high speed are a liability on Tanoa.

And much to my displeasure, doing some rough estimates, base and FOB based heavy artillery would work be rather effective as well, i dont have an exact for the howitzer yet, but the MLRS on close covers about half the main island from base, with a good time to target of around 40 seconds with great accuracy, and mortars would be good as well, while not being a logistical nightmare like on altis, or alternatively have mortar batteries set up at the main base and at Kokoda and you pretty much have coverage of the whole island

Edited by Tungsten

Farqman    86
    7 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Temporarily removed some of the vehicle skins to reduce the mission size until all the issues are fixed. 

Once the main issues are sorted, I'll update the Altis server as well.

Post any bugs you've found here https://strayagaming.com.au/topic/16695-ia-apex-edition-bug-reports/

Link doesn't work for me

Screenshot_20171209-161630.jpg

Connor.    1352
    7 minutes ago, Farqman said:

Link doesn't work for me

Should be fixed now

Jay    661

and this got chosen over a rust server...

Image result for noose

Edited by Jay
    • Wait What? 2
    • reee 1

Farqman    86
    2 minutes ago, Jay said:

and this got chosen over a rust server...

How good is that!

This is much better than a Rust server!

• Like 4
    • Haha 1

WestOz    40

Hi Guys, just wanted to give BIG Props and thanks for the new Tanoa server.

Like many others I gave up on the other server months ago, fed-up with the immaturity, deliberate friendly kills by air, road and bullet, deliberate task fail of side missions, didn't seem to matter how many got kicked/banned, another quickly filled their place, simply to P-Off, ruin it for others.

Not to say the same wont eventually/unfortunately happen with this server, hopefully upgrade price will slow them down, but yesterday was a good 98% group of guys having fun working together for the objective, had a ball, had other things to do but couldn't resist till late in the night.

No biggie, initial bugs are expected, wont bother reporting as I'm sure others already have, only issue I experienced was not being able to drag/carry the wounded/pow etc to the medivac. Not sure but "perhaps" if a medic revives first it bugs out the drag/carry options?

Thanks again for the fun ;-)

• Like 2