Fitz

Invade & Annex: Tanoa

Nova    1779
On 09/12/2017 at 6:40 PM, Jay said:

and this got chosen over a rust server...

Image result for noose

why on earth would we try a rust server for the like 20th time?????????????????

• reee 1
  • Haha 1

• Del    3

Great work on this server guys. Love the mission format and some of the new side missions. I sincerely hope people give this a try and populate the server. It''s been a blast so far. Keep up the good work!

Just curious to know, will the main mission format here be carried over to the Altis server once the bugs have been worked out?

• Like 2

Connor.    1352
    1 minute ago, Del said:

Just curious to know, will the main mission format here be carried over to the Altis server once the bugs have been worked out?

On 12/9/2017 at 3:09 PM, Fitz said:

Once the main issues are sorted, I'll update the Altis server as well.

• Like 2

Nova    1779
    28 minutes ago, Del said:

Great work on this server guys. Love the mission format and some of the new side missions. I sincerely hope people give this a try and populate the server. It''s been a blast so far. Keep up the good work!

it depends what people want. in a few weeks time once we have ironed out the bugs and we decide to update the Altis server then we can decide if we want to keep classic I&A or also put sectors on altis

Edited by InfamousNova

Jay    661
    22 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

why on earth would we try a rust server for the like 20th time?????????????????

We have a talented Ex Rust Server Owner in our presents, it would a shame to waste such a valuable resource

Surely you remember this post...

• Facepalm 1

CeeFar    585
    40 minutes ago, Jay said:

We have a talented Ex Rust Server Owner in our presents, it would a shame to waste such a valuable resource

The thing is, people saying they will play it and people ACTUALLY playing it are two different things.

• thinking3d 1

Fitz    1239
    1 hour ago, Jay said:

We have a talented Ex Rust Server Owner in our presents

Did we get him for Christmas?

Edited by Fitz
    • Haha 1

Dogofwar    36

YAY!  Seal operations and stealth missions and best of all more boats

Edited by Dogofwar

Dogofwar    36
    On 12/12/2017 at 8:55 AM, Jay said:

Got to kill the mood bro. Fight for a rust server somewhere else everyone loves this new tanoa server and we are very happy to welcome it

Jay    661
    1 hour ago, Dogofwar said:

Got to kill the mood bro. Fight for a rust server somewhere else everyone loves this new tanoa server and we are very happy to welcome it

Lmfao are you serious? 

The post I quoted (the one by Smokey) is a meme, if you had been on the forums for longer than 5 minutes and read the ****ing post I quoted you'd know he got his arse handed to him for good reason, one of the better forum threads

Way to kill the mood, bro

Edited by Jay

Fitz    1239

Update pushed to server - Georgetown and issues with IDAP side mission should be fixed.

• Like 2

Brodie0296    78

Have'nt had much play time on it but from what i have it has been a blast, being able to use the fast ropes was a nice change especially when being dropped off into the jungle, only thing id like to see which im sure will come down the line if the server stays is the same area 51 camo and flags from the normal I&A server, missing my DPCU and ANF patch while doing missions, either way good job boys

• Like 1

Senna    3
    8 hours ago, Fitz said:

Update pushed to server - Georgetown and issues with IDAP side mission should be fixed.

You still get kicked off when you try to stabilize the IDAP guy, i tried 3 times and got some other people to try, all were kicked straight away

• Like 1

Zombine45    177

Would it be possible to swap out one of the marshalls in the car park for a marid? Mix up the firepower a bit?

• Like 1

Kaboose    6

This is either a bug or sheer incompetence but the rescue IDAP worker mission does not update after the  "search for clues" part. We examined 3-4 IDAP corpses near the aid worker but the mission failed to update with the next part of the mission; indicating the medical supply area. 

Edited by Kaboose

Fitz    1239
    3 minutes ago, Kaboose said:

This is either a bug or sheer incompetence but the rescue IDAP worker mission does not update after the  "search for clues" part. We examined 3-4 IDAP corpses near the aid worker but the mission failed to update with the next part of the mission; the medical supply area. 

I have just updated to version 1.0.3 which includes a bunch of small fixes. Let me know if it happens again.

Edited by Fitz
    • kkool 1

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92

You know what works great on this map... Infantry with guns. You don't need CAS &  artillery can **** the right off. 

The map works fantastic with infantry supported by APC's and may be a mortar crew,  with choppers doing logistics and quick transport. You don't need anything else really. 

The reliance on "BLOW THAT UP FOR ME" is rather ridiculous. This is a close quarters map & should be utilized as such. 

• Like 5

WestOz    40

I examined, got the clues for the IDAP medical supplies, task updated approx location on map which was next to a town, spend about an hour searching every single building etc, frustratingly no luck.

Is there somewhere odd there hidden? are they in a create/box, med-kit sitting on a table etc???

WestOz    40

When trying to load AI (non-pilot) in a chopper, one always tries to jump in the pilot seat, gets auto kicked out, gets left behind.

Is there anyway to code they all only get in the back?

Also, I re-logged as a pilot so I could command an AI pilot to fly us out, he also got kicked out so not sure if a glitch or I'm doing something wrong?

Edited by WestOz
    oop's

Fitz    1239
    5 hours ago, WestOz said:

I examined, got the clues for the IDAP medical supplies, task updated approx location on map which was next to a town, spend about an hour searching every single building etc, frustratingly no luck.

Is there somewhere odd there hidden? are they in a create/box, med-kit sitting on a table etc???

Should be a small medical box near/in a house on the ground/floor pretty close to the supplies marker - usually the building with the most enemy. If it isn't, it will say "No supplies found" or something similar. If the house it is in has collapsed/been destroyed, then you might have problems finding it.

Looks like this, if you haven't seen it before:

image.png.8a68eec89b6ff8f8de111a3d77c0b9f6.png

When trying to load AI (non-pilot) in a chopper, one always tries to jump in the pilot seat, gets auto kicked out, gets left behind.

With the units selected, press 4 then select the vehicle you want them to be in, then choose the appropriate seat (Ride in back).

Also, I re-logged as a pilot so I could command an AI pilot to fly us out, he also got kicked out so not sure if a glitch or I'm doing something wrong?

There are no recruitable AI pilots, only helicopter crew. These crew and all recruitable AI are restricted from flying.

• Like 1

WestOz    40
    12 hours ago, Fitz said:

Should be a small medical box near/in a house on the ground/floor

Ta, managed to sus it later with some other guys. Wasn't aware it jumped around on the map with standard writing/dot marking update location (must have missed pop-up), guess I'm used to updated tasks being displayed/highlighted differently. All good, had fun doing it, adds an excitting new challenge getting to the chopper under fire with the medkit weight factor (same when carrying dudes).

12 hours ago, Fitz said:

With the units selected, press 4 then select the vehicle you want them to be in, then choose the appropriate seat (Ride in back)

Cool, never done much with AI, been having a bit of fun with them when on my own or low numbers in the server, watched a few youtubes but a lot of commands to get my old brain around. Their stupid Fkrs hey, oh I'll just run over here in the open and get shot etc.

Be good if the AI medics could revive me the same as you can, rather than having to re-spawn, start again etc.. But it is what it is.

12 hours ago, Fitz said:

There are no recruitable AI pilots, only helicopter crew.

Ohh so their crew as in can jump on a gun but not fly the choppers? Thought they may have worked like AI driving road vehicles, could help defend me when doing the fuel truck mission, pick me up with POW etc.

Thanks for your reply ;-)

• Like 1

Kaboose    6
    On 24/12/2017 at 11:49 AM, =S.N.A.F.U.= said:

You know what works great on this map... Infantry with guns. You don't need CAS &  artillery can **** the right off. 

The map works fantastic with infantry supported by APC's and may be a mortar crew,  with choppers doing logistics and quick transport. You don't need anything else really. 

The reliance on "BLOW THAT UP FOR ME" is rather ridiculous. This is a close quarters map & should be utilized as such. 

My .2c would be that if you MUST have a jet of some sort for the map, make it an AA jet (eg: Buzzard with AA loadout) as a complementary element to any ground team that would be carrying launchers for air threats. 

As for CAS, as SNAFU points out I don't think Tanoa needs it if the mission framework is going to be built around infantry combat - BUT- if there is logistical reason to implement CAS on Tanoa then I nominate the Pawnee/Littlebird (flares: optional). I think with maybe a bit of loadout tweaking a Pawnee would be just the right risk/reward level for ground combat without it unbalancing the infantry.

Edited by Kaboose

BigRed    133

SNAFUs point about the artillery is interesting. Although I agree the point and click mentality of the ARMA artillery system is kinda challenge killing. It'd be great to have things like smoke screens be utilised. However that'd only be appropriate in certain areas where the jungle isn't already too close.