WestOz

Warning! - Weird Steam Login Attempt?

WestOz    40

Perhaps this is a common experience for some of you, it's a first for me, thought I'd give a cautious heads up in-case others experience similar.

I was on last night for ~5 hours, powered off PC ~9pm. I wake up this morning to this email supposedly from Steam, sent @9:55pm. Perhaps something buggy at steam but ~ an hour after I log off, ~6 hours after initial login?

Oddly the reported offenders IP address is actually MINE. I live alone so no one else uses my PC, no one I know is aware of my Steam login details, Router/WiFi has a VERY strong password. I don't type usernames or passwords in-case a keylogger somehow gets in, I use Lastpass. Only change I've made recently is switching to Firefox 64bit from Chrome.

Any Ideas?

From - [email protected]
 - - - - - - - -
Here is the Steam Guard code you need to login to account _ _ _ _ _

This email was generated because of a login attempt from a web or mobile device located at (MY IP ADDRESS). The login attempt included your correct account name and password.

The Steam Guard code is required to complete the login. No one can access your account without also accessing this email.

If you are not attempting to login then please change your Steam password, and consider changing your email password as well to ensure your account security.

If you are unable to access your account then use this account specific recovery link for assistance recovering or self-locking your account.
 - - - - - - - - - -

• Zorgain    482

Probably just some random overseas person attempting to login to your account, just change your password.

Boulter    139

I would recommend you just get Steam Mobile Authentication if you dont have it already. It will put you on a trade ban fro a couple of weeks but in the end its definitely worth it if you've got anything of value on your steam account like knifes, or coats.