Middleton

Recent "Incidents" With Staff

LAZYSHOT    49

Who again is messing around with my login..someone forgot I can use me email too..please stop..nothing I said deserves any of it?Nvm I may have typed it in wrong?

Edited by LAZYSHOT
Oops
  • Wait What? 6

• LAZYSHOT    49

I'll mod the server just give me that kick button.I don't need those others fancy tools?

Or not I may get bored and just kick everyone ?

Edited by LAZYSHOT
    • Dansgame 3

Ted    9

I don't mean to spread hate but this is an excellent move by leadership. Wasteland was plagued (especially Ya Mum) with admins abusing their power and even abusing players. This really gives me hope that the leadership actually hear our complaints and attempt to act on feedback. In regards to improving player count on Wasteland -

I think introducing the old base building mechanics would really help. I have been on this server a very long time and know many people that stopped playing purely from the base building mechanics being removed/diluted heavily.

Placing a larger emphasis on Opfor v Blufor will also improve the overall enjoyment of the server. (especially balancing teams). At present indys make up the vast majority of the players which really takes away from the team aspect imo.

Fixing simple bugs like money and gear despawning etc. would also be great as it has caused many people to rage quit and not come back.

All in all Wasteland has a huge potential and with some hardwork by the admins I believe it can be restored to its former glory :glasses:

• Like 6
    • Seems Good 1
    • Clap 1
    • Haha 1

Salt    77
    17 hours ago, Ted said:

I don't mean to spread hate but this is an excellent move by leadership. Wasteland was plagued (especially Ya Mum) with admins abusing their power and even abusing players. This really gives me hope that the leadership actually hear our complaints and attempt to act on feedback. In regards to improving player count on Wasteland -

I think introducing the old base building mechanics would really help. I have been on this server a very long time and know many people that stopped playing purely from the base building mechanics being removed/diluted heavily.

Placing a larger emphasis on Opfor v Blufor will also improve the overall enjoyment of the server. (especially balancing teams). At present indys make up the vast majority of the players which really takes away from the team aspect imo.

Fixing simple bugs like money and gear despawning etc. would also be great as it has caused many people to rage quit and not come back.

All in all Wasteland has a huge potential and with some hardwork by the admins I believe it can be restored to its former glory :glasses:

Hear, hear!

LAZYSHOT    49
    On 30 December 2017 at 2:12 AM, LuckyB33f said:

Middleton,

The core foundation of this community was built on a fair go. We (5 Founders) built this place as we were sick of the servers we played using their powers to have an massive advantage. To often we were teleported to and shot on site or blown up just because. When we brought this to light the admins denied everything and would ban us just to get us out of the channel or game. With those core values we built this place.

I wouldn't say Ya Mum is a bad dude... I have spent many of hours with Ya Mum and he isn't a guy that would try to **** us over. He is upfront which i like most. There has been many more worse staff from Altis Life then Wasteland with abusing their powers and players and in which has been dealt with.

I am grateful for the time Ya mum has put into this community and i hope he sticks around. But with so many complaints by non staff into use of kits we opt to remove them (they have been removed). Now these complaints don't go to a set someone, all managers get to see them.

There has been pressure into why Wasteland isn't as popular now. It can be based on a few things. New Games / Age of Arma 3 / Server performance / Staff / Mission Age / Lacking Features. These are all the things that come into play. We can do something that can improve WL that just requires some team work. About 2 Months ago we had a meeting about this. Things that could improve the place by reviewing the issues or what the players say. A common issue is FPS(my computer runs fine) some issues were the players having the view distance to high. FIX: make a quick guide to change the setting to improve your FPS. on this meetings it was said to not use their powers into just to play it to get a better idea. But the kits use grew.

After been here for 4 years I understand people get shitty with each other. But keep in mind that what is said about people in some of our chats are often taken out of context. Its easy to blame a circle jerking group or "the higher ups" but when presented with options to how to handle these issues we try to make the right choices.

I'll leave it at this Quote by you: an arbitrary at best function given to admins was the reason they were somehow abusing the playerbase is absolutely pathetic
    We don't tend to say publicly what happens behind the doors. I believe what was said in the post was put nicely. It could have every screenshot of every issue. In which would truly drag someones name through the mud.

That is not needed here.

• Wait What? 1