Red

Ask Me Anything

Red    1068

Hi All,

If you have any questions that you have been wanting answered, such as why did we make that change to police or why did we demote that staff member, now is the time to do it.

I'll answer all of the questions that have not already been answered in other posts/threads, I will also be ignoring trolls.

Private messages are welcome and will receive the same treatment.

• Red    1068
    7 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

when are we taking down the wasteland server in favour of a 3rd I&A server?

If I&A Staff can show me that they are able to keep their existing server at a consistent population above 60, I would have no problem creating a new server for them.

I don't see removing or shutting down Wasteland as being a good idea.

• Like 1
    • lul 2

Red    1068
    20 minutes ago, Michael Steiner said:

Is a modded life server being considered for creation in the future?

A Modded Takistan life server was actually being worked on for a period of time, but it fell through due to other game servers needing more work.

Modded Altis Life popped up two or three times as projects in a sort of planning phase, but whoever was trying to lead them quickly lost interest.

Currently we have no plans for any type of modded life server.

• Feels Sad Man 1

Connor.    1352
    1 minute ago, Mr Lispy said:

is strayalife still being developed or is it already in game and i havnt noticed when i joined last?

i had to put it on hold over summer cause the heat was giving me really bad migraines (along with other boring health stuff) and I feared I would start making huge mistakes so it was safer to stop for a bit. I hope to be coming back to it soon but in the meantime I've been working on some other projects which will come in handy for strayalife.

• Like 2

Bevo    9

With the current situations about a certain member being perm'd what is happening to the players that have been either on his server or even helping with the development of it?

Red    1068
    4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

With the current situations about a certain member being perm'd what is happening to the players that have been either on his server or even helping with the development of it?

Who is that certain member?

Bevo    9
    Just now, Red said:

Who is that certain member?

<127:27> "Frank (phone)" was banned permanently from the server by "Red1" (Community Ban | Indefinite | Red) ?

Red    1068

OK in regards to Franks server, Beef and I both had no issues and are willing to give advice if needed. No one is going to be banned or punished for simply going over there to work or play, we are fairly relaxed and keen to help other communities get going. Obviously staff members joining his community will be removed from staff due to a conflict of interest, but none of them will be banned.

However Frank started advertising his server and trying to poach members. He has since been community banned indefinitely, he will need to put a support request in so that I can have a chat with him about things before I remove the ban.

• Like 2

Bevo    9
    2 minutes ago, Red said:

OK in regards to Franks server, Beef and I both had no issues and are willing to give advice if needed. No one is going to be banned or punished for somply going over there to work or play, we are fairly relaxed and keen to help other communities get going. Obviously staff members joining his community will be removed from staff due to a conflict of interest, but none of them will be banned.

However Frank started advertising his server and trying to poach members. He has since been community banned indefinitely, he will need to put a support request in so that I can have a chat with him about things before I remove the ban.

Okay because i was wanting to go on and just give it a check see what he has that may be new and what not but i was always worried about either losing ranks in the PD or being banned from straya due to whats been happening to other officers recently, thanks anyway for clearing it up :)

• Like 1

Wex    429

What are your thoughts on people being blacklisted on police for being apart of another Police Force/Life Community? 

• thinking3d 1
    • Angry 1

Red    1068
    9 minutes ago, Wex said:

What are your thoughts on people being blacklisted on police for being apart of another Police Force/Life Community? 

When it comes down to it, at the moment it's up to the command/cabinet team to decide on that. Obviously is the players are breaking the protocol or server rules they will be blacklisted.

I'm all for them blacklisting players that steal and poach officers.

• Like 2
    • Dislike 1

Wex    429
    1 minute ago, Red said:

When it comes down to it, at the moment it's up to the command/cabinet team to decide on that. Obviously is the players are breaking the protocol or server rules they will be blacklisted.

I'm all for them blacklisting players that steal and poach officers.

The only reason that I have been told of is that they were blacklisted for "stealing" documents and "copying" protocols.

It becomes an issue when people are blacklisted without being spoken to (some even received blacklists when they're not involved) and these actions and many other actions have pushed players away from the server and this community. As for the poaching/stealing officers, I can't speak for everyone but a majority of them have left on their own accord without being pressured or offered any positions. The positions were only offered after they have joined the community. 

What may be an issue is that players have allegedly been given ultimatums about choosing what community to play on, some even receiving threats of a blacklist or bans. Although there's no evidence and all this might be false claims, but this is still something that you should be investigating. 

Red    1068
    Just now, Wex said:

The only reason that I have been told of is that they were blacklisted for "stealing" documents and "copying" protocols.

It becomes an issue when people are blacklisted without being spoken to (some even received blacklists when they're not involved) and these actions and many other actions have pushed players away from the server and this community. As for the poaching/stealing officers, I can't speak for everyone but a majority of them have left on their own accord without being pressured or offered any positions. The positions were only offered after they have joined the community. 

What may be an issue is that players have allegedly been given ultimatums about choosing what community to play on, some even receiving threats of a blacklist or bans. Although there's no evidence and all this might be false claims, but this is still something that you should be investigating. 

As I said, it's up to the cabinet and command team regarding blacklists, obviously for anything longer than 2 weeks they still need to approach APIA.

I've already spoken with some staff who were approached and promised high ranks for handing over documents and bringing themselves.

Wex    429
    4 minutes ago, Red said:

I've already spoken with some staff who were approached and promised high ranks for handing over documents and bringing themselves.

If that's the case then I have no problems with the bans you've placed. 

Red    1068
    1 minute ago, sirgeneralj said:

Is there any chance of having a friendly chat you you, Mr. Red, about a few documents on Strayagaming?

You would need to elaborate on that, it's likely i'm not the best person to speak to regarding the documents.

sirgeneralj    378
    1 minute ago, Red said:

You would need to elaborate on that, it's likely i'm not the best person to speak to regarding the documents.

Just about all the judicial government documents and stuff. Just wanting to talk to you as you are pretty much running straya. Trying to get the best outcome for everyone :)

Augnov    205
    1 hour ago, Wex said:

The only people who received a blacklist from our Police Force were those who created Police Protocols for a new community and a new Police Force which had an incredible resemblance to our own.

Red    1068
    1 hour ago, sirgeneralj said:

Just about all the judicial government documents and stuff. Just wanting to talk to you as you are pretty much running straya. Trying to get the best outcome for everyone :)

You are probably best to speak with @Lotza and @Pezza about that, I would love to see the judicial government working... But correctly with proper laws, and guidelines for judges this time.

@Lotza That's a hint that you need to make the laws for Altis Life :)

Lotza    522

In regards to the Judicial System.
    This is a system that has been on the backburner for quite a while now.
    The system really only seems to be used by the APD for obtaining warrants, yes we've had a court case here and there, but nothing to really show a regular use.
    So, its not something that has been a huge focus for myself or staff as the system works as it is for the purposes it does currently.
    Would I like to see it changed and updated, yes. Do I have time spare in between everything else, not really.
    If you have any suggestions, propositions, etc that you would like to make, I'd be glad to hear them.
    But in terms of dedicating time and resources to it atm, I'd need to see some more use and reason to do so.