Invictiis

Wasteland's Future

Wasteland's Future  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Mr Lispy    8

Wasteland should go back to the Basic File.. no extra buildings or anything. just allow people to build their own towns type thing.  my favourite time was when Central stratis was almost barron with only a very small amount of buildings. 

Links    336
    26 minutes ago, Mr Lispy said:

Wasteland should go back to the Basic File.. no extra buildings or anything. just allow people to build their own towns type thing.  my favourite time was when Central stratis was almost barron with only a very small amount of buildings. 

OG File would be great, central was made because of people camping Rogain (alots of trolls joining Opfor/blufor and stealing, all it takes was a Wipeout to do a run on Rogain kill the 15 opfor everyone runs back to their gear and fights break out with people taking other peoples weapons/gear) and Airfield, maybe making it small and not as large?

Edited by Links
    • Seems Good 3

zed    167

Bring back old Wasteland when Links was admin. I just loved playing wasteland back then. I remember when groups were able to build fortresses on gun stores and defend against attacks and shit like that. Get rid of central as a super town and put the south gun store back up at LZ connor. Remove all added buildings and leave it simple. Honestly, if you admins don't take advice from the people who play wasteland the most then you have rocks in ya heads. PLEASE, these changes need to be made. It's not a coincidence that every person on the damn server agrees with my views. @Red @LuckyB33f @James32

• Like 1
    • reee 1

Red    1068

Something is in the works.

Most of the changes I sent to the management team to discuss came from the community, so you will definitely see something that was a community members idea.

• Like 2

James32    823

Just to confirm, this thread has been seen and we are listening to it along with a lot of other feedback we have received expressing similar sentiment over the last couple of weeks, I will be making a post tomorrow explaining more about our perspective/plans for the server, If anyone has any feedback feel free to PM us or make posts on the forums :seemsgood:

I too want to see wasteland back at its former glory and as a fun place again for players both new and old, it will be a complicated balance to strike but i am confident with help from the community and by listening to everyone that we can make WL a great server ocne again

• Like 1
    • Seems Good 1

zed    167

As I was reading over my comment from earlier, I realised that I may have came off as a bit of a dick in the way that I explained my thoughts. I didn't mean to criticise you guys as admins because after the recent wipe I can honestly say that all the current mods/admins are great. Thank you for taking this seriously and thank you for putting in consistent effort to make Wasteland great again! @Red @LuckyB33f @James32 

Edited by Eagle

Invictiis    214

Thanks @Red , @James32 and everyone for your responses. Good too see others interested in Wasteland becoming great again. 

Here's suggestion/changelog that me and a few WL veterans created:

-Opfor/Blufor 1+- difference. Prevents team stacking and group farming at 2am. Groups can go indie if they cant join main teams.

- Major armed drone nerf. Lower ordance/flares and higher price. Big step to reduce toxic gameplay.

-Armed drones only purchasable at main airfield. Realign drone use as infantry support & reconnaissance. People dc due to getting killed by skalpel missles from invisible enemies.

-Remove Cape Cod

-Original WL stratis map. Low building/object count and less clutter to improve performance/fps. Player built structures are main focus.

-Rearm tank (bobcat) needs nerf. Slower rearm speed or higher price.

-Vehicle storage nerf. introduce vehicle class cooldown, which slows retrieval and storing. Preventing tank spam & toxic mission camping.

-Spawn beacon nerf. Cannot be placed within 300-500m of another friendly beacon.

-A.I jet/heli buff. Increase their intelligence/difficulty to naturally remove player tanks and drones.

-Mission Reward nerf. lower reward by 25-50% to counter money farming.

-Money Wipes within 2-3 month interval

-Spread mission spawns and key locations down south of map. 

• Like 6
    • Pogchamp 1

DIRTYSCRUB    41
    On 2/15/2018 at 8:30 AM, Invictiis said:

Thanks @Red , @James32 and everyone for your responses. Good too see others interested in Wasteland becoming great again. 

Here's suggestion/changelog that me and a few WL veterans created:

-Opfor/Blufor 1+- difference. Prevents team stacking and group farming at 2am. Groups can go indie if they cant join main teams.

- Major armed drone nerf. Lower ordance/flares and higher price. Big step to reduce toxic gameplay.

-Armed drones only purchasable at main airfield. Realign drone use as infantry support & reconnaissance. People dc due to getting killed by skalpel missles from invisible enemies.

-Remove Cape Cod

-Original WL stratis map. Low building/object count and less clutter to improve performance/fps. Player built structures are main focus.

-Rearm tank (bobcat) needs nerf. Slower rearm speed or higher price.

-Vehicle storage nerf. introduce vehicle class cooldown, which slows retrieval and storing. Preventing tank spam & toxic mission camping.

-Spawn beacon nerf. Cannot be placed within 300-500m of another friendly beacon.

-A.I jet/heli buff. Increase their intelligence/difficulty to naturally remove player tanks and drones.

-Mission Reward nerf. lower reward by 25-50% to counter money farming.

-Money Wipes within 2-3 month interval

-Spread mission spawns and key locations down south of map. 

Couldn't agree more with this Invic. These are solid ideas that should be definitely taken into consideration. I would really like to highlight the nerfing, or even better yet, the removal of these putrid drones. Absolutely no skill required and really destroys the entire wasteland feel.

As of recent there seems to be a major influx in the toxicity of a number of players on the server.  I think that a lot of the issues you mentioned above would rid them of this toxic behavior and bring back a more well balanced infantry fighting environment that all us vets crave for in the OG wasteland and also force people into squads to fight for territory as it should be.

• Like 1