James32

Wasteland - Back to Basics

James32    823

Wasteland Revitalization

Hey everyone. As some people may have noticed WL has suffered a decline in the last few months due to a number of contributing factors. Today we announce an update that we hope will revitalize wasteland and make the server more fun for everyone into the future and breath new life into WL. So to do this we have gone back to the basics of what makes wasteland fun and attempted to combat the tactics that drive people away from the game-mode.

The patch notes will be released when the patch hits but this post will simply outline the goals of the patch and the general methods being used to achieve them. This Update will be fully released next Friday (16/03/18). But in the mean time we will be opening up a public beta/feedback test on the Wasteland test server for the week until the full release to get community feedback and discover bugs that need to be fixed . I would also like to thank @InfamousNova for his help with development!

~What you need to know~

Public Beta: Starting this afternoon!

On wl.straya.life:2322

Please Make suggestions based on the beta/anything you believe should be added before the full release and report any bugs you find HERE

Bank Wipe:

To coincide with the full release of the new wasteland version we will be resetting the database. I will transfer kills/first join stats but all other data such as players, money, garages ect will be wiped to start fresh. This is intended to refresh the economy and even the playing field to give the revitalized server the highest possible chance of success. Feel free to spend your money on the main server between now and then. All data from the beta will also be wiped on full release.

Wasteland Veteran:

We will be clarifying the requirements for WL vet in the near future to give it more concrete requirements and privileges (more news on this in the next few weeks)

Primary Gameplay Changes:

• Removal of armed drones (some may become token vehicles depending on feedback)
  • Significantly more expensive but stronger vehicles (ie vehicles hard to obtain now but can take more damage ect)
  • Cheaper Player Gear - Guns and armor cheaper to encourage ground combat over vehicles.
  • Token system - Rewarding infantry combat and controlling vehicle spam.
    • Every 10 (may be changed) infantry player kills in a single session you earn a token
    • 1 or more tokens needed to buy the best vehicles (high end jets/helis/tanks)
    • The intention is to make it a complement to money where you have to get infantry kills to have tokens in addition to money to buy the strongest vehicles (can still buy almost all vehicles up to small tanks/armed helis without tokens)
    • Nerfs money farming when no-one is on and means that people cant spam vehicles without also getting player on player kills.
  • Direct kill rewards: Infantry kills will directly award a small amount of money to the killer separate to the money you can loot from their body
  • Easier to finish downed players - You can now finish people you injure by shooting them a few times/reduce their injury time, making it far easier to finish kills outside melee range/running up and finishing them. Also means you can stop revives without having to get dangerously close.
  • Database logging of several player actions to allow more effective identifying of rule breakers ect
  • Reduced number of water missions
  • 2 missions of the same type have a chance to happen at the same time now.
  • AI now smarter but far worse aimers.
  • Resupply trucks resupply faster and dont turn engine off on vehicles and are cheaper, however there is no longer any free rearm vehicles like the bobcat used to be
  • 1 vehicle storage slot instead of 6 to stop mass storing vehicles for a huge advantage.
  • Indestructible automatic resupply truck near each vehicle store
  • Various performance improvements
  • Fancy customizable kill log/feed.
  • Higher Performance + more frequent body/wreckage cleanup
  • Teambalance script (being set to +-2 for now)(currently off on test server)
  • Fresh map
  • Like 2
  • Seems Good 5
  • Clap 1

• LAZYSHOT    49

Resetting data base is that gametracker""?

Anywho... James I'm liking what u have done ✅ 

Hopefully people start playing again.

Edited by LAZYSHOT

Temprite    24

Seriously, come on.........

I took a break from arma for over six months only to return to see the server I once loved become a great big pile of crap.

TBH, you let it get to this point and now its dead. Back to basics ain't going to bring it back to life imo.

I can not donate to this. Prove me wrong and I'll gladly donate. Personally, I think you are paddling up dunn creek with a barbed wire boat. Elvis has left the building my friends.

--------

Forget all the bullshit fancy pants crap.

It's a Stratis wastelands, why do you even focus on air assets on such a small island? Get rid of them. ---  If you love your jets that much, make a jet wastelands FFS.

- Either add the anti air assets to counter the jet DLC or delete them period.

- Add a ceiling height restriction to air assets.

- Restrict air assets until server populated.

Reduce the gun store range of munitions! ---- If you want an advanced weapon complete a mission and fight for it.

We all sit around waiting for the gun store to populate --- Make the missions a point to fight for also.

Remove all thermals, we don't need them.

Removal of drones, that i agree with. Remove darter also.

Token system not needed if you drop the air assets. (jets / helis etc) Pawnee is a fun one to take out with .556 so keep it.

Remove all the rubbish unneeded objects that have been implemented over the last few versions. WTF why?

Remove the garage system, fight fresh on foot every time you log on.

Perhaps also make it interesting, after server restart reset loadout to 556 weapon.

Have you fixed the team stack issue where players are locking themselves to a side then disconnecting to allowing mates to join for a team stack, they then rejoin the same side as the server has already locked them.

----------

Anyways, the above is most probably going to fall on deaf ears so best of luck, hope it really works out for you.

Me, I'm off to find a new home to die lots.

• Wait What? 3
    • Feels Sad Man 1

FBI    195
    19 hours ago, Temprite said:

Remove all the rubbish unneeded objects that have been implemented over the last few versions. WTF why?

This is the most confusing post i've ever seen.

• Like 1
    • lul 1
    • Clap 1

Nova    1779
    1 hour ago, Blue Eagle [+1 CREW] said:

hes basically saying it should have never been changed and he preferred vanilla to begin with whilst being sarcastic :)

cant please everyone

Zombine45    177
    On 3/9/2018 at 2:24 PM, James32 said:

Reduced number of water missions

Tfw you're the only person on the planet who enjoyed the water missions. :feelssadman:

• <3 1

Temprite    24

I'd just like to say, I stand corrected. Who is a fool now.

James / Nova & all others involved in rebuild, well done. Pat on the back.

I like what you have done. Sorry for doubting your work.

I'll be donating to this.

Keep up the good work.

• Pogchamp 2

James32    823
    1 hour ago, Temprite said:

I'd just like to say, I stand corrected. Who is a fool now.

James / Nova & all others involved in rebuild, well done. Pat on the back.

I like what you have done. Sorry for doubting your work.

I'll be donating to this.

Keep up the good work.

:heart: Will do and thank-you for the kind words

• Like 1