KRISTIAN.

Many reasons why the server is DYING/DEAD!!

KRISTIAN.    70

Hello, before we start this topic will elaborate this thread below

First off...
Why doesn't strayagaming wasteland reach as many people as last time this year??

Well..
First off, Vehicles are extremely over priced such as kajmans, blackfoots/tanks.. Who wants to pull $100k out for a kajman that can be shot out of the sky within 3.2ms? No one. and half the vehicles aren't even added in the normal vehicle shop!! Oh I know where they are... THE ****EN TOKEN SHOP! What a joke really, a new currency every 10kills you get a token and without a token you cant even think about buying a jet or a vehicle that is (too OP for the normal vehicle shop). Instead of paying another $80,000 to buy a jet that comes with half the ammunition. On top of that drones/jets have been wiped from the normal store.

Secondly... Why has this server changed so much??? I want to make a point of vehicle and gear storages.... What is the ****en use of it really. $5k to take a vehicle out that wipes your ammo. and the gear storages, oh hold on let me save my navid 9.3mm for next time. oh wait there is not enough room for it. back in the old wasteland where this server hit max at its peak and now you guys cant even get 20 players on, maybe 10 on a Friday and Saturday night (if your lucky) You don't understand that you don't have to always change things for people to join you, start making it worse.

In my opinion this server will die quickly if you don't fix up your shit together. Look at the gametracker for this server https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/wl.straya.life:2302/

8 players on average per month...that's a joke

fix up ur server or let in get lost within the arma 3 server list

• Like 1
  • Wait What? 1
  • Dansgame 1
  • hahaa 1
  • feelsretardedman 2
  • Weary 1
  • Dislike 1

• Red    1068

I dunno about going downhill, looks like the red dots have been getting higher since James gave the server a makeover.
    You sound like a child bitching because you didn't get your bottle (in this case token vehicles)
    4gSXktD.png

• Like 2
    • Wesmart 2
    • Seems Good 2
    • Clap 1

KRISTIAN.    70
    1 hour ago, Red said:

I dunno about going downhill, looks like the red dots have been getting higher since James gave the server a makeover.
    You sound like a child bitching because you didn't get your bottle (in this case token vehicles)
    4gSXktD.png

These stats look wrong, id highly doubt the server is growing its more like the opposite. Just face the fact that its partially alive

• feelsretardedman 5

Red    1068

Ah my apologies, I should not have forged those statistics.

Here is a link to the BM and GameTracker pages for the server, so you can check our the real statistics for yourself.
    https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arma3/495080?serverRank=3M
    https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/wl.straya.life:2302

• Like 1
    • Seems Good 1
    • lul 1
    • Haha 1

Fitz    1239
    8 minutes ago, KRISTIAN. said:

These stats look wrong, id highly doubt the server is growing its more like the opposite. Just face the fact that its partially alive

meme.png.43c90491dc520c555cde555ae9f8d3de.png

• Like 1
    • lul 4
    • Jebaited 1
    • thinking3d 1

Peanut    72

Mate. I don't know where you have been but last time I was on there was a solid 40 Pop. Now, as I'm sure you have no experience in server developing you can be quick to judge, but @James32 Has been working his ass of organising events, listening to suggestions and working with the community in attempt to make everyone happy. I personally think that removing drones and making heavy vehicles over priced is great, as when joining wastelands I'm here for some hardcore Rifle V Rifle PVP. Not to get cross mapped by a drone. Anyhow, check the statistics as RED said and back up your argument a bit more..

Edited by Peanut
    • Like 1

M9'    169

@KRISTIAN. Feel free to make any suggestions that you believe would genuinely build upon the great work that James32 has done, however we are going to need more than "fix up ur server" if you are trying to justify your opinion. How do you believe returning to the way it was previously would legitimately benefit the server?

There was a moment there where I wasn't sure Wasteland was going to survive, as the server population witnessed a decline in it's player base. The dramatic changes made were in retaliation to this decline, and as far as I can tell, it's just what the doctor ordered. Provided we can both maintain the current population we are seeing and build upon it, I am sure we will see Wasteland hanging around for some time to come.

• Like 3

Dans    57

I mean, even when its around 10 pop, you can still get fragged just as easily if there is 40 people on. The map is structured wonderfully, and not having an armoured vehicle shooting you down every 5 ****ing seconds when you try to go and buy yourself a weapon. @James32 is doing an absolute fantastic job fixing the server, and when I'm playing I have a great time. So don't diss the server if you don't want to make suggestions like @M9' said, and let James do the great work he is still doing.

• Like 1

Dans    57
    5 minutes ago, Links said:

is this a troll?

Who?

Dans    57
    Just now, Links said:

this post.

unfortunately no

• Wait What? 1

Invictiis    214

To be honest, ARMA3 is old AF, buggy, unoptimized and now unsupported by developers who have finished DLC. The game in whole is dying. 

Edited by Invictiis
    • Sad 1

I don't understand why everyone says "Arma is dying" like no. It's not dying it's always had an incredibly small community and whenever a certain server seems to lose population everyone's like "IT'S DYING REEEEEEEEEEE"

• Haha 1

All i see is complaining, not a single suggestion on how to improve the server just whining and bitching. you can't expect change if you yourself aren't willing to contribute to the changes you would like. if you wanted to see something change so badly you would do everything in your power to see it changed and keep persisting regardless of what is said and done.

Change is the law of life. Those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future - John F. Kennedy

@KRISTIAN.

• Like 2

Honestly I think wasteland is a waste of server power and should be switched out for a more playable gamemode.

Dont get me wrong it's fun it's just not a populated gamemode anymore and I don't understand why we insist on trying to make it popular again.

Edited by Michael Steiner
    • Like 3
    • lul 1
    • feelsretardedman 1
    • reee 1
    • Dislike 3

Links    336
    18 hours ago, Michael Steiner said:

Honestly I think wasteland is a waste of server power and should be switched out for a more playable gamemode.

Dont get me wrong it's fun it's just not a populated gamemode anymore and I don't understand why we insist on trying to make it popular again.

Classic Altis Life player ^

• Like 4
    • lul 1

29 minutes ago, Links said:

Classic Altis Life player ^

What do you mean? Wasteland is dead. There's no.. "aww but if we do this we can revive it" the gamemode just isn't one that can be played day in day out. I mean maybe I'm completely wrong but from what I've seen over my time on Arma wasteland isn't going anywhere for any communities.

M9'    169
    On 4/12/2018 at 2:53 PM, Red said:

4gSXktD.png

@Michael Steiner u wot

Excel    828

I dunno if you noticed but red proved you wrong in the first reply :lul:, This also seems like a post where youre just complaining about the server not meeting your needs then you go on to say because of that its dying.

Also on a side note:

You and @JEN should be mates, you both seem very experienced in the area of posting dumb shit and you both have a wonderful reputation in the community.

Edited by Excel
    • Like 1
    • lul 3
    • kkool 1
    • Haha 1