Tungsten

Tanks DLC + Commander suggestions

Tungsten    69

So i have taken some time to try pretty much any tanks DLC content i can use on the server, and here are my thoughts so far.

Ironside:

Spawns will need to be sorted out, as the balance of power has shifted quite alot, The Kuma and Slammer have barely any changes, while the Slammer UP and T100 have had a large survivability increase due to ERA , the Slammer UP also got upgunned to a 120mm gun, So maybe something like Spawn 1 being a Slammer/Kuma Spawn 2 being a Slammer UP or T100 and Spawn 3 being the Rhino, leaving the T140 as a side reward or 2 Rhinos and 1 Slammer

Nyx:

After trying them all out i think that the Recon Nyx needs to be a seperate spawn rather then being in rotation, its extreamly handy, while on the other hand the AA nyx is honestly crap from the few times i was actually able to locate a target cus it does not have radar, needing the Recon Nyx to send data over the datalink. and even then your chances of hitting a helo are pretty bad given how effective flares are against the missles and its not even worth trying against jets, the AT Nyx is not great, its not as reliable as the Gorgon, but its still nice to have, and the missles pack a punch, but the Autocannon Nyx is great helping infanry clear towns.

AT Jeeps:

Honestly, i think that we only need the AT prowler and MWD/Offroad, but the frequency of the spawn is rather low from what i have seen.

CAS vs Armor:

yep, this is rearing its head again like usual, with the abundance of armor and AT assets now, CAS bombing everything before everything gets there is going to get very annoying again very fast.

Zamak MLS: Yet to try on the server yet, but i get the feeling its going to end up being a good compromise for a mobile artillery piece for FSG due to the fragile nature of the chassis, will bug you to give me one to experiment with soon

Spawning SPAAG: Enemy CAS is becoming quite annoying, but i see that as an opertunity to add in a Cheeta spawn, as the Jet cant be everywhere and the AA nyx is worse then i expected it to be.

Commander: So far, i can see it as a promising addition, despite what you see on a Public server, that said, while alot of the irritations are a BI thing, its rather annoying not to have a method of getting a proper idea of whats happening in the AO outside of chat and your map, which can be annoying at times when teamed up with BIs crappy default key bindings and commanding system, also gets annoying that everyone gets shoved into the default command group

• thinking3d 1

• Matsozetex    89

The issue with CAS from what I have noticed is when the UAV operator is on, since the UAV operator bypasses the rule for lazing having both slots occupied leads to the utter destruction of the AO by them. I have a few ideas on how to balance jets:

- Limiting jets to being air superiority exclusively, considering the enemy jets will self laze bombs tanks and other ground vehicles are more susceptible now more than ever.

- Limiting jets to unguided munitions, this entails the use of Mk82s and rocket pods to dish out area of effect damage (Similar to the play style of the current neophron loadout), would also stop the double team UAV and pilot raping the AO.

- Removing jets entirely and simply adding a cheetah spawn to ironside.

About the spawns that @Tungsten has mentioned, I believe that to be a good tiering system for the tanks. Personally I believe the spawn timers should only exist for spawn 3.

My question revolves around the Spawn 3 category, with the Rhino it poses the best possible weapon in the game ATGM-LGs which can hit a target at massive ranges over terrain + the Rhino is an air-droppable chassis, similarly the Angara is the best tank in the game. Spawn 3 should be the Rhino and the Angara on a 30-60 minute timer. With the K variant being a side reward.

Sadly the AA Nyx is pretty useless as previously mentioned, a possibility to fix such would be to edit the tank to have radar (5-6km range at least). 

Tungsten    69

The Rhino is powerful yes, but its not powerful enought to warrent a long respawn, its just so fragile compared to a tank even with the ATGMs, all it takes is 1 pass from the enemy CAS and its gone, where as both the T140 varients are pretty strong, and would unfortunately encorage solo tanking

Edited by Tungsten
    • Like 1