SCARECROWNZ

RHS for invade and anex??

SCARECROWNZ    0

Hey has anyone played any of the rhs servers on other game types and would it be possible for someone to make an rhs mod invade and anex? for those that don't know what I'm talking about I heres a link from the steam workshop for it.  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843577117&searchtext=RHSUSAF thats just for the US forces but there's also Russian, "Green forces" and also the Serbian armed forces as well. Before anyone jumps and says I'm just part of the makers trying to push this, I'm not. I've just played this in king of the hill and love the reality factor of it, combine that with the milsim feel of invade and anex this would be ultimate.

• Zombine45    177

While i would be all for I&A using RHS, there isn't really a community to justify running a server and making the mission. It's been discussed before and it was decided (As i recall) that Straya would not host or create a version of I&A using RHS.

Nova    1779
    4 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

While i would be all for I&A using RHS, there isn't really a community to justify running a server and making the mission. It's been discussed before and it was decided (As i recall) that Straya would not host or create a version of I&A using RHS.

well technically i did say that after the new update i would work on it. which i might actually do. dunno if ill finish it but yea

• Like 2
    • Seems Good 1
    • Pogchamp 1
    • thinking3d 2
    • Weary 1

War Machine    40

I guess, Straya won't implement that because you have to update the mods from now and then....that's too hustle in my perspective, a guy from the Philippines whose internet connection is shitty as ****.

webbie    186
    11 hours ago, War Machine said:

I guess, Straya won't implement that because you have to update the mods from now and then....that's too hustle in my perspective, a guy from the Philippines whose internet connection is shitty as ****.

The Main and foremost reason this has not happened is it affects the player base. 
    I can tell you from personal experience after running many servers that mods decrease the player base, alot.

Most people are casual gamers and lots of mods or even one isn't worth their time.

A very simple rule for Public Servers is: If players aren't going to use it or only a small percentage will, don't add it.

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    57 minutes ago, webbie said:

The Main and foremost reason this has not happened is it affects the player base. 

the main reason i havent done it is coz i'm busy and i cant be assed in my free time. if someone else wants to step up to the plate then feel free

• nothanks 1

War Machine    40
    13 hours ago, webbie said:

I can tell you from personal experience after running many servers that mods decrease the player base, alot.

Most people are casual gamers and lots of mods or even one isn't worth their time.

A very simple rule for Public Servers is: If players aren't going to use it or only a small percentage will, don't add it.

how does it decreases the player base; can you elaborate please?

pkisbest    198

Not everyone wants to deal with mods.

I know quite a Few people who only want to play Vanilla and can’t be bothered with the whole mod situation.

While sure, you may gain a few people, the overall loss is higher.

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    11 hours ago, War Machine said:

how does it decreases the player base; can you elaborate please?

as pk said people just dont want to deal with mods. even if you click 1 button and it works they dont. the other thing is that OCE doesnt have the playerbase for a modded I&A server. tanoa rarely gets more than 30 players on.

• Like 1

pkisbest    198
    15 minutes ago, Nova said:

as pk said people just dont want to deal with mods. even if you click 1 button and it works they dont. the other thing is that OCE doesnt have the playerbase for a modded I&A server. tanoa rarely gets more than 30 players on.

Tanoa really only get people on during Tanoa Tuesdays.

Wex    429

Wouldn't hurt to have a pop up modded I&A server like the modded wasteland server we had a while ago. Maybe open it up once a month or something, you'll definitely get some players on if you have enough advertising before so people can download the mods and be ready to play when it's up. 

• Like 2

Nova    1779
    6 hours ago, War Machine said:

what is Tanoa Tuesday?

on tuesday people get on the tanoa server

• Facepalm 1

pkisbest    198

Literally as Nova said.

We get as many people as we can to transition over to the Tanoa IA server. We usually do it just after the 6pm restart.

Its in attempts to populate the server. Also because Tanoa can be hella fun in the right scenarios.

• Like 1