Lotza

Altis Life Laws

Lotza    522

Hey All,
As you will all know, the judicial system and the laws have seen very little light and work over the past months. In these past few months, the system has become very unused and almost to the point its non-existent. There have been a few times that it has been attempted to be revived and reworked, but unfortunately it again took a backseat to some of the other work going on.
We have recently finished work on part of the project that will be going into the Judicial and legal system, this being the Altis Life Laws.
The laws will be a part of the judicial system and will be an outline of the behavior that may be deemed as illegal by the courts, note that this is independent to the police ticketing system.
You will be able to read them here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTQg-1LCgJE-T4T5qDm4husOjJgmLs7lcmSx4s5-mCCTDR3nHkB355M2yUyYxQ_jREtpM9SGzme9h_U/pub

• Like 1
  • wooow 1

• CeeFar    585

Quick suggestion that some other servers have. 

Make it illegal to carry more than 2-3 magazines for your weapon at one time. This way you have enough for a defensive use, but it helps to curb offensive use of guns. 

• Like 3
    • lul 1
    • nothanks 3

SovietStitch    26
    On 25/05/2018 at 10:01 AM, nclem said:

Quick suggestion that some other servers have. 

Make it illegal to carry more than 2-3 magazines for your weapon at one time. This way you have enough for a defensive use, but it helps to curb offensive use of guns. 

the thing with this is that the Police Cannot Actually Tell How Many Magazine they have on them

• Confused 1

CeeFar    585
    13 hours ago, SovietStitch said:

the thing with this is that the Police Cannot Actually Tell How Many Magazine they have on them

"Hello sir! I see you are carrying a firearm! Would I be able to have a quick look at how many mags you are carrying to make sure you are in compliance with the law?"
    *checks bp, vest, uniform*

"Ok cheers!"

done

• Dislike 1

Peanut    72
    4 hours ago, nclem said:

"Hello sir! I see you are carrying a firearm! Would I be able to have a quick look at how many mags you are carrying to make sure you are in compliance with the law?"
    *checks bp, vest, uniform*

"Ok cheers!"

done

Then the cop turns around and is shot in the head for... Searching a person without consent.

If this were to be a rule, it would just be ANOTHER thing that civilians can be fined for while being processed... :Thinking3D:

• Like 1

Moygstar    196

get rid of automatic manslaughter etc charged on the wanted list.
    Then people can roleplay being a criminal but when seen by a cop on rego they dont get pulled over immediately
    kills the fun and leaves all of the civs in sydney either trying to kill cops, or trying to kill civs, mostly both

• Like 1
    • Dislike 1

SovietStitch    26
    31 minutes ago, Moygstar said:

get rid of automatic manslaughter etc charged on the wanted list.
    Then people can roleplay being a criminal but when seen by a cop on rego they dont get pulled over immediately
    kills the fun and leaves all of the civs in sydney either trying to kill cops, or trying to kill civs, mostly both

The Thing With This is that for Example: No Sergeants+ were On So You couldn't Add Them To The Wanted List, FOR KILLING A MAN IN PLAIN SIGHT Or For Killing an officer. It just wouldn't work and manslaughter is that severe of a charge it us a very bad thing. Something which they could add (Whether or not it is a thing they can do on AL) is a witness sort of system so that if someone killed a civ in plain sight with people watching it would be added, but if he was behind construction and has just killed 2 people and they where the only ones in the area he wouldn't be added for manslaughter as there was no witnesses.

CeeFar    585
    8 hours ago, SovietStitch said:

The Thing With This is that for Example: No Sergeants+ were On So You couldn't Add Them To The Wanted List, FOR KILLING A MAN IN PLAIN SIGHT Or For Killing an officer. It just wouldn't work and manslaughter is that severe of a charge it us a very bad thing. Something which they could add (Whether or not it is a thing they can do on AL) is a witness sort of system so that if someone killed a civ in plain sight with people watching it would be added, but if he was behind construction and has just killed 2 people and they where the only ones in the area he wouldn't be added for manslaughter as there was no witnesses.

They still spend their time in jail, the only thing that is removed if there are no sgts is the officer profit, which, well, you already make loads of. Boo Hoo, send them to jail. If they've just killed someone they probably already have a bounty anyways. 

• Like 1

Moygstar    196

or have a hidden bounty that when sent to jail you still get the full amount of 'automatic' charges.
    idk
    it would make civ a lot more fun

Peanut    72
    20 hours ago, Armando Wolff said:

Hell no.

This is just another way cops can get civs/rebels arrested without a declaration. 
    In my opinion, I actually think the law you suggested is kinda pointless, It's just another charge you can add while processing. It will also lead to RDM, cops will ask for firearm searches, then the civ or rebel carrying the firearm will 100% feel threatened and mow you down.

That's literally what I said...

• kkool 1

SovietStitch    26
    On 27/05/2018 at 10:28 PM, nclem said:

They still spend their time in jail, the only thing that is removed if there are no sgts is the officer profit, which, well, you already make loads of. Boo Hoo, send them to jail. If they've just killed someone they probably already have a bounty anyways. 

Yes but I Am Talking About if Civs See a man get shot obviously officers would taze him in an instant but thats why a "Witness" system would be useful For Civs/Medics Witnessing Killings and "Reporting it" Without actually having to report it

Hope    154

Then don’t have your gun loaded until your need it? Would stop the mag issue...

• Like 1
    • Dislike 1

jai timms    8
    On 5/27/2018 at 6:28 AM, Peanut said:

Then the cop turns around and is shot in the head for... Searching a person without consent.

If this were to be a rule, it would just be ANOTHER thing that civilians can be fined for while being processed... :Thinking3D:

they can say no

Liam Sarcich    28
    On 6/4/2018 at 6:44 AM, Hope said:

Then don’t have your gun loaded until your need it? Would stop the mag issue...

Ah yes someone has just pulled a gun on me, better pull mine out and then take the time to load a mag.

Kat.    217
    On 9/8/2018 at 2:47 PM, Liam Sarcich said:

Ah yes someone has just pulled a gun on me, better pull mine out and then take the time to load a mag.

I don't see the need in replying to a thread with replies more than 2 months old other than to raise your postcount.

• feelsretardedman 1

Liam Sarcich    28
    8 hours ago, Kat. said:

I don't see the need in replying to a thread with replies more than 2 months old other than to raise your postcount.

Wasn't to raise my postcount, I was just pointing out a flaw in his logic.

Nuu Rushean    259
    17 hours ago, Kat. said:

I don't see the need in replying to a reply to a thread with replies more than 2 months old other than to raise your postcount. ?

• Like 1
    • Wesmart 1
    • lul 1
    • Clap 1
    • Weary 1