Tiggati

Remove Thermals

Tiggati    1067

Thermals ruined wasteland once, and they'll ruin it again.

I say remove thermals from the game and let people use actual SKILL to play the game, not some form of cheating.
Yes I understand ArmA is made with thermals, and I agree they are amazing and need to be used. Just not on a wasteland server where it's PVP.
Thermals against AI are good, but when it comes to using them against other players; it kind of ruins the fun and skill of the game.

Vehicle/Laser Des thermals turned off is good, and drone thermals are a good feature but remove them in the form of using them on your persons like the TWS.
Having thermals on a UAV is handy due to the TAB screen and other people spotting, but having thermals on your person/weapon is a little bit unfair.

The reason I say keep them on a drone is it takes skill to be a decent spotter, and you don't have any thermal down the scopes, so the shooter has to actually use their spotter coordination and their own eyes, not just some bright heat signature that gives away positions across the map on a weapon.

If you want scope thermals to stay in the game, make them loot from a hard mission or put the buy price somewhere around $500,000 and sell price to $5,000.

if you can't use a normal non thermal scope, then you don't really belong in ArmA. #makewastelandgr8again.

Edited by Tiggati
  • Like 4

• James32    823

I was going to reply to this last week but got busy and forgot. my view is that yes thermals can be OP but i still feel they have a place in the server, so the different proposals I have ideas for are as follows,

• Thermal scopes in  mission rewards
    • Thermal scopes cost a token or two/token tab in gun store.

One thing worth considering is that you can buy thermal resistant armour/clothes (special purpose suit/GA GL rig/helmet ect  for people who want to counter thermals/play especially stealthily.

Either way i'm prepared to trial the change/making them rewards only in the coming weeks and then considering the change permanently if a trial goes well/until i can recode the gun store to support tokens too

• Like 2

Tiggati    1067

Cheers for the reply.

Thermal resistant items are good and work very well as I've had to use normal vision in my UAV to scout for people in thermal resistant clothes and it does make it challenging. 

The whole having a thermal scope on your weapon is a bit over the top as I've mentioned in my first post. 
    The idea of making them a reward in missions is a good idea, and also the tokens are good. You just have to remember that people do stack tokens and it'll be no different than stacking cash from capture points. 

That's another suggestion too; Lower the capture cost. I've been wandering around the map and all of a sudden I've magically got 5-20k on my person due to our team capturing and holding 5-10 zones. I bank most of it and just use the free money to buy my items/vehicles without having to worry about the AI missions or killing others to get their loot.
    What's the point in running up to a dead person when you can just go to the store that your team is heavily guarding to get what ever you want with your easy money. 

• Like 1

SoulStealer    9

I agree with Tigatti thermals are easily defeated with the use of thermally protected gear!  What's the  reason why you've taken the thermals off the Falcon Chopper it's 50k plus 3 tokens so not readily available to anyone?

• Like 1

Neanp    21

Well, it's easy getting tokens and money, get 30+ kills each restart and you start memorizing what you need to do to get kills and then you just get lots of tokens,. Easy as pie

• Clap 1