War Machine    40

We all have preferences, but still; I want to know your opinion and I want to suggest something. I may not have the right to tell you this and that, but here I go.

There are some of you who owns at least one DLC, right? As an owner of that particular DLC, wouldn't if feel right if you use it since you actually paid for it with actual money? As for me, I own the Apex DLC and I really want to play in Tanoa map; however, the thing is, only few people play in it despite the fact that they own the said DLC.

What I'm suggesting is that, if you own the Apex DLC, I encourage you to play in Tanoa server. In doing so, it will boost the population of that server.

• Like 1
  • nothanks 1

• pkisbest    198

One of my plans was to start getting Tanoa Tuesday back up as a regular event when I have the time free to do so (not until the start of December).

But hey, if you can get public interest up go for it man. Tanoa is a great map.

• Like 2

Xephros    22

I play on it every now and then. It just gets a bit irritating when the enemy can shoot you through layers of canopy that is clearly impossible for them to see you through. No massive deal breaker, but just a tad annoying.

• Like 3

Humaine    131

I would be keen to play on tanoa, but little freaked out by the trees and the AI being able to see through them..

...but would join if others are keen. ?

Can we run a poll on here? Machine, you want to start a poll to see how many have Apex or the other DLCs?

• Like 1

Fitz    1239

I don't think the shooting through plants/trees issue is that bad, doesn't happen to me too often at least.

4 hours ago, Humaine said:

Can we run a poll on here? Machine, you want to start a poll to see how many have Apex or the other DLCs?

Fun fact: around 75% of our players with over 2 hours play time have Apex. Over 90% of the regulars have it as well.

I guess they either don't know about it; still think it's running Sector Control mode and aren't interested; or just don't like Tanoa/aren't interested in general.

Edited by Fitz

webbie    186

I would love to see tanoa make a resurgence. My best battles were on tanoa in I and A. As I mentioned in the other post we will push for tanoa Tuesday to be a real thing again but it would be nice to see it used even more than that. Altus has the same issue with the trees and grass , it's just not as noticeable. Not sure where Fitz gets those stats but most people I've asked in the past about apex tell me they haven't got it, won't pay for it or can't afford it.

• Like 1

Corporal Kerry    141

I would be OK with playing on Tanoa if more people played. Altis is just boring. I wish BI would make another map for Arma 3 vanilla, or contract someone to make a proper large map with a lot of varied areas. Tanoa has AI shooting through brush, but I assume that they are shooting at where they last glimpsed you. I do that too.

Maybe when Warlords comes out soon, we could try that even. It is great.

• Like 1

War Machine    40
    7 hours ago, Fitz said:

I don't think the shooting through plants/trees issue is that bad, doesn't happen to me too often at least.

Fun fact: around 75% of our players with over 2 hours play time have Apex. Over 90% of the regulars have it as well.

I guess they either don't know about it; still think it's running Sector Control mode and aren't interested; or just don't like Tanoa/aren't interested in general.

So in other words, they don't like the sector control type of gameplay?... At least for me, I kind of find it interesting and unique, like it's a huge break from the well known repetitive routine of Altis.

• Wesmart 1

Fitz    1239
    44 minutes ago, War Machine said:

So in other words, they don't like the sector control type of gameplay?

Not necessarily, I said that could be one reason. We don't run that on Tanoa anymore anyway at the moment, not unless we get more players and they want it.

3 hours ago, webbie said:

Not sure where Fitz gets those stats but most people I've asked in the past about apex tell me they haven't got it, won't pay for it or can't afford it.

They're from the database, I collect info on what DLC everyone owns.

Edited by Fitz
    • Like 1
    • monkamega 1

webbie    186
    2 hours ago, Fitz said:

They're from the database, I collect info on what DLC everyone owns.

Ah I see wasn't sure if that information was accurate but that's handy to know for sure. I personally loved sector control. It created a real coop environment because everyone had to work together to secure multiple sectors. Alot of feedback I have on sector is that they lack the defense's and ironically enough every ao is a defense . I guess the major catch with sector is it's pretty intensive on the server. I think it had been mentioned before but maybe a cycle for AOs could be done, we might have to take that up with quik though. I know it's a bit trickier than a standard cycle list unless it can be done like restarts.

That's some good feedback you guys have given though and we appreciate it.

Edited by webbie
    • Like 1

Jereleet    25

Even just Tanoa Tuesdays would be a good indicator of how many people are willing and able to play Tanoa. Lets get it crackin!

• Like 1

Nova    1779

if people jump on the server. others will see it has a higher pop count so more will join

• Like 1

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92

I have been doing "Tanoa Tuesday" since the start. I really enjoy the map & so I started encouraging the regulars to jump across when there were enough of us around. I Feel it is now up to the "Higher Ups" to promote it on a regular basis & especially on Tuesdays encourage the newbies to jump across.

As for the enemy shooting through the foliage, that's mainly on you I feel. On that map, you have to move slower & (Heaven forbid) work together! I will often strafe an area I hear enemy in & I feel it only right the AI do the same. I play heaps of missions on this map & other close quarters ones as well. You have to adjust your tactics. You can't go full I&A on them. 

I also feel we could use this as a chance for a little more team bonding. Encourage the new guys to join our groups, work with us & experience a team game instead of 45 solo players. ♿ But that's just me :)

• Like 2

webbie    186

I agree with everything you have said their @=S.N.A.F.U.=.

I do indeed want to bring back Tanoa Tuesday. 

It's a hard one because many don't like/have Tanoa.

Personally still my fave map. 

I will make the effort to push Tanoa Tuesday from here on out on Tuesdays however its difficult for me because of Daylight savings and my work hours but I will commit to promoting it as well.

• Like 1