webbie

Strayagaming ExileMod

Strayagaming ExileMod  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

webbie    186

If Straya was to host an ExileMod server would you be interested in survival gameplay

• Like 6
  • Seems Good 1
  • Pogchamp 1
  • <3 1
  • thinking3d 1

• Hazey    14

no one gives a shit about exile, there are 100's out there, dont waste dev time make a exile server, first add NEW content to altis life, oh and I stress NEW content cause only altis life content in the last 1 year has been changed content, sure you changed the ui and shit and made things work and look nicer but theres no new content, so stop fking around with exile servers and make a server your community is based around better

• Like 1
    • Wait What? 1
    • kkool 1
    • Triggered 2
    • Facepalm 1
    • thinking3d 1
    • Haha 1
    • Dislike 2

webbie    186
    31 minutes ago, Hazey said:

no one gives a shit about exile, there are 100's out there, dont waste dev time make a exile server, first add NEW content to altis life, oh and I stress NEW content cause only altis life content in the last 1 year has been changed content, sure you changed the ui and shit and made things work and look nicer but theres no new content, so stop fking around with exile servers and make a server your community is based around better

that's great and all but this has no affiliation to al as stated in the header.

Chadd    1040
    8 minutes ago, Hazey said:

so whose gonna make it? my assumption would be devs, devs who could instead of making this, make new content for altis life

No? webbie will make it.. also i would play the shit out of exile

• Like 1

pkisbest    198

The devs do work for the server they want to do work for.

Just because we start up a new server doesn’t mean we are taking Devs from the AL server. Calm your tits. 

If your so worried about “your server missing out”, learn how to do shit yourself.

As related to the point of this topic -have never played Exile and would love to give it a try.

• Like 3
    • Clap 2

Dizzy    142
    9 hours ago, pkisbest said:

If your so worried about “your server missing out”, learn how to do shit yourself.

So now we (as in the AL players) have to develop our own shit hold up wtf? :waitwhat:

• Wait What? 2
    • Wesmart 1
    • Facepalm 1

Wex    429

You'd have more success trying to merge with an exile community. Last time Straya did Exile, it was popular for the first week then barely had any players after that. I'd rather the work go towards pop up servers, something like a modded I&A or wasteland. A game mode where you can get decent pop for the weekend or a week then shut it down and bring it back after a few months. 

• Like 8

XSV Sam    11

From Personal experience regarding modding an exile server and managing it it takes a lot of effort, compared to a certain server, running an exile takes a great deal of time. firstly i don't mind putting my name down to admin the server, modding and managing the server files is a little much but keeping things in check seems fun. 

Firstly a few questions to ask..

1. What type of Exile server are you gonna make, there are many some being better than others but some much more fun and engaging. Zombie Survival, softcore survival, hardcore survival, PVP based, PVE based, a Hybrid or even just a simple build'em up relaxed mission server for the light hearted. there are many that I've seen but only a few actually draw crowds in.

2. How many mods or Scripts do you find acceptable, most Exile servers that are Vanilla are dead, just up front highly modded servers are popular and fun but can be annoying for those that have no clue about pressing download and enabling the mod through the workshop/launcher. A few big mods are tough to manage as they require script additions and item class names as such, this is for vehicles as well. smaller mods with capable authors add such class names to the files as readables or licenses. on that note about mods this is also about what type of server, if you have too many vehicles that are considered OP to the minority that get angry quickly,these could be a problem as well, something to keep a note of.

3. This server if it goes ahead needs a somewhat capable team; someone with a good background on mission files, bug fixing and mod managing. Admins that are trusted to keep things fair fun and engaging, meaning if by chance you can get Zeus working with Exile that'd be good to see events hosted on the server. most if this is obvious so it shouldn't pose a problem.

4.Compared to invade and Annex the player base is somewhat mixed, from day one on Exile's release back in  2017 i think, the player base went nuts, ( almost reminded me of a certain server which shall not be named,) but thankfully as time passed hardcore servers popped up and the weaklings buggered off. What i'm saying is there's gonna be a lot of f**king D**kheads when this server goes live, It'll be a mess. (Isn't a Question more of a statement)

that is all I wouldn't mind a nice mid core survival server honestly.

• Clap 1

XSV Sam    11

Something I've forgotten to say is Exile hasn't been updated since December 2017, but if anything Epoch has received regular updates, this is also another mod not as popular but is still going even after Exile's apparent death.

• Like 1

pkisbest    198
    5 hours ago, UNO` said:

So now we (as in the AL players) have to develop our own shit hold up wtf? :waitwhat:

Well the more people that know how to do the development, the faster shit gets done.

However, I also mentioned that none of the devs from AL would stop developing AL unless they personally wanted to. My assumption is that Webbie will be doing the majority for Exile, with a little bit of help from other devs in the community.

• Weary 1

DJ_JoozBrorg    825

Love Exile, an idea "Role-Play Exile"

1. A player Market

2. Making C4 only found from hard Missions

3.High tier trucks/helis cost more (Something for players to build/work towards)

4. Some RP (To make the game more fun and in a way last longer for the player)

• nothanks 3

XSV Sam    11

I Like these points, especially the whole Role-play thing. But I'm sure that your aware of a certain already existing role-play server in which the players are either wandering through the nearest most accessible forums to find somewhere to shit post, whether or not it's about them, or about the server they are currently playing on and investing time on. Basically your asking untrustworthy individuals to abide to a code or fair roleplay when we even have a server which consists of roleplay, but due to the lack of common sense and intelligence at that we cant be sure that every player is gonna follow the simplest of Role-Play rules. I know its a shitty Rant but its true, and most people who have played on such servers know its Horrors.

I'd love to try Exile Role-play seems interesting.

Edited by XSV Sam
    • Like 1
    • Clap 1

Jereleet    25

I've always liked Exile, I'd play it.

I know I've been getting a lot of questions about base building from players on the wasteland server over the past few weeks.

A few weeks back, we went through like a big influx of base building as well, there were bases popping up all over the place.

So there is certainly an appetite out there for this sort of game play.
    Broadly, I've always felt that PvP (with AI missions) is the best way to keep exile from feeling stale. It's a long term game mode, that you play over months, not necessarily hours or days.
    But yep, I'm interested.

• Like 2

Asnee    237

This would be awesome to have an Exile sever 

• Like 4
    • <3 1

webbie    186

Ok first up to answer some of the questions posed (I won’t be answering retarded questions so don’t bother)

I am currently developing this.

It will be PvPvE with missions with Retarded Zeds that tend to flock together the more that spawn making them a tad more dangerous.

It will be very much survival-based meaning that you will need to start from the ground up and do the real hard yards before getting it easy.

Roleplay can be incorporated but for personally I don’t care for roleplay and it should be up to each player to make that choice.

Exile and 1 other mod are incorporated with the remaining being server side.

I have no intention of adding anything extra because for most a couple of mods is more than enough.

Licenses and rubbish won’t be added because it’s not AL.

Vehicles will be obtainable of course with scarcely scattered vehicles around the map and AI vehicles that can be claimed however some will be unclaimable.

Zeus is a tricky one in Exile and I won’t make any promises there.

Of course, there will be the usual trolls and dead hits, but they will very quickly find themselves permanently banned.

I’m sure a team of admins can be assembled that can more than deal with these issues.

On Epoch it’s a fantastic mod and dev team however it was a lot more difficult to introduce people to this mod but it’s worth a thought I have run both for extended periods of time.

I don’t like the idea of base raiding personally I think there’s enough shit roaming around that wants to kill you and traditionally I have always run PvE servers as I prefer a co-op environment over toxicity. PvE will be my first choice but its hasn’t been firmly established.

And yes, Base building is always a core part of exile because as I said shit wants to kill you left, right and centre.

PLEASE NOTE:

The point of this poll is to gauge if Exile could be a valid server and if it would have a sustainable player base so while all the suggestion and everything is great, we need to prove that its viable before any major work is done.

• Like 6
    • Seems Good 1

YESSS please make an exile. But please dont make it PVE....i think majority can agree with me, we are all frag hungry aha. Again love all the other ideas above GL and hope you find it worth it. 

Jereleet    25
    On 11/19/2018 at 10:25 PM, marchedpack87 said:

YESSS please make an exile. But please dont make it PVE....i think majority can agree with me, we are all frag hungry aha. Again love all the other ideas above GL and hope you find it worth it. 

PvPvE is perfect. Both have their value.

Great to hear that most people are as interested in this as I am.

Jereleet    25

Just thinking a bit more about this. Which map were you intending to use?

Tanoa or Malden would be great. Altis is probably massively to big, especially for a new server just starting out and Stratis is probably too small.

Thoughts?

Pezza    248

Exile: Attempt Number 3

Edited by Pezza