Xephros

Whatever armour he's wearing, I want it

• Mann    39

As you can see from this video, CSAT has introduced their next technological breakthrough and applied it to their commanders. Introducing the Bullet Evasion Retroject Expediter Thing. Or simply commonly known as the BERET.

This advanced piece of headwear bulwarks the user and covers the complete surface area of the user extensively to become almost immune projectiles fired from long distances. This elusive device (to our understanding) is designed to protect the user with a limited number of nano drones that "orbit" the suit in a particular pattern at unmeasurable speeds that is able to cover every piece of flesh of the target. The drones are equipped with a form of Active Protection Protocol (APP). This is where the nano drones are able to spot incoming projectiles via the APP. so that the nano drones are able to spot, predict the point of impact and interdict/intercept the projectile to save the user from any harm. As the projectile hits the nano drones, the projectile is retrojected the way it came from which often shatters the projectile and creates an unknown optical illusion that resembles a "mist of blood".

As seen in the above demonstration, it appears that the commander is immortal at a range of aprox. 950m. This range is perfect for the nano drones to intercept the threat comfortably.

There are a few solutions to deal with such a technologically enhanced foe. These solutions involve:

• A 120mm HE-T Tank Round (Because there is no such thing as overkill...)
    • Capitulation (So you can take him to GITMO so we can study the design of the BERET)
    • Tactical Assault (Our Infantry are often masters at this. The closer range will mean that the nano drones won't have enough time to react)

Overall, any of the above tactics work fairly well. Do not be fooled by such primitive headwear, for as it is more advanced than you think. Sadly the device only works with CSAT individuals. The NATO alternatives do not conduct the same function but still allows you to fight with style.

• Like 2
    • Haha 1

pkisbest    198

On a serious note: I believe I&A has a system at the moment where the commander cannot he killed by someone outside a specific range of then HQ. 

The point of this is to prevent people from just murdering him at long range.

Im assuming it’s the commander your shooting. The video I’m watching is from my phone in 3G internet and thus is terrible quality so I cannot see properly.

Also @Mann you spent way too long writing that...Kudos to you my friend.

Edited by pkisbest
    • Seems Good 1

Guardian    45

I'll have you know that the BERET is also in service with NATO, and I look ****ing dashing

18 hours ago, pkisbest said:

On a serious note: I believe I&A has a system at the moment where the commander cannot he killed by someone outside a specific range of then HQ. 

The point of this is to prevent people from just murdering him at long range.

Also @Mann you spent way too long writing that...Kudos to you my friend.

Yep, or it's a rendering bug at range. Either way, it sucks.  I've had similar issues (at + 1100m). 

It's one thing to nag on the 'this is not a milsim server' drum, but not being able use legit tactics is just a bit crap.

pkisbest    198
    1 hour ago, xx_zero_xx_alpha_xx said:

Yep, or it's a rendering bug at range. Either way, it sucks.  I've had similar issues (at + 1100m). 

It's one thing to nag on the 'this is not a milsim server' drum, but not being able use legit tactics is just a bit crap.

No it’s an actually feature implemented on the server.

Unless your within 300m of the Commander, you won’t be able to harm him...or shouldn’t be able too. @Fitz can you confirm?

webbie    186
    8 hours ago, Phalanx said:

I'll have you know that the BERET is also in service with NATO, and I look ****ing dashing

2 hours ago, pkisbest said:

No it’s an actually feature implemented on the server.

Unless your within 300m of the Commander, you won’t be able to harm him...or shouldn’t be able too. @Fitz can you confirm?

Yes, this is correct @pkisbest 300m is default and imagine that it still accurate. This is done so you can't just use a tank from 2kms away to clear a hq and I assure this attempted, alot.

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92

Simple solution... Grow a pair & stop being a sniper.?

But I do believe a CSAT commander uniform comes complete with a medic. Healing you as you go. You can't normally see them because they are stuffed in a precarious place.