lentz

Artillery revamp

lentz    1

I have a suggestion for arty, remove the fixed base arty scorcher/MLRS and add in a veteran slot for a Zamak MRL with a fixed range of 1700-2200m, and a once per AO respawn if destroyed, this forces the role to be close enough to an objective/AO to be at risk from enemy air assets and roaming  vehicles, also limits a ammo spam setup as it will have to re-position to get coverage across AO, possibly limit it to only service bay rearms from base or FOB as this would force it fire then head back to rearm, this would cause a slower re engage time then CAS. The current Arty gunner role is such a frustrating role as it require sitting at base waiting each AO to fire only 4 shots that don't even take out enemy armour with 2 direct hits (yes tested, had T140 lazed and called arty in as per CAS/ARTY request, then had to call in CAS airstrike anyway to take it out). I would love to hear others views on this, I did some testing with the zamak MRL and think would be supportive but not OP.

• Like 1

• Fitz    1239

The Zamak MRL was in for a while (without the fixed range though), but some people weren't using it appropriately, so it was removed.

The current arty gunner role isn't meant to be using the base arty all the time anyway; they should be focusing on using the Mk6 mortar or other static weapons.

4 minutes ago, xx_zero_xx_alpha_xx said:

I'd also like to see more ammo variety. Laser guided  rounds would be nice. And illumination rounds for night missions.

Laser guided rounds are already in the base arty. The Zamak can only fire HE rockets.

Illumination/flare rounds can only be fired from the Mk6 mortar.

• Like 1

pkisbest    198

From what I know Fitz, the MK6 only has access to HE rounds.

Is it possible to add smoke and/or illumination rounds without removing how much HE it has?

Matsozetex    89
    20 hours ago, Fitz said:

The Zamak MRL was in for a while (without the fixed range though), but some people weren't using it appropriately, so it was removed.

Or you could just disable its ability to rearm from crates/containers. The MRL relative to other artillery vehicles is a whole lot faster, and wouldn't be an issue to drive to an FOB or back to base for rearming.

Fitz    1239
    23 hours ago, pkisbest said:

Is it possible to add smoke and/or illumination rounds without removing how much HE it has?

Yeah, at the moment it only has HE. I'll add the flares back, but not the smoke - it gets spammed too much.

3 hours ago, Matsozetex said:

Or you could just disable its ability to rearm from crates/containers.

It's not that easy...

You can only disable/remove ammo from the ammo crates/vehicles. That would make the crates useless to everyone else as well.

• Like 1

pkisbest    198

Yeah I can see Smoke being spammed by trolls.

Flares will be fine though...not that they work well without blastcore

• Like 1

Zombine45    177

I used the Zamak properly that one time, you all saw. It was a veteran only thing wasn't it? If people weren't using it appropriately then just revoke their veteran status.