Dogofwar

Fighter Jet Role

Dogofwar    36

Hi All,

Here's a solution to the topic of CAS Jets to CAS Helicopters is that both do well at there job. i have listened to many arguments on both sides from my time on the server and i feel that this would be the best solution. before we start I like to fly both the Jets and helicopters so i hope to come at this argument from both angles.

CAS Jets have the capability to quickly fly in drop it pay load and be out the other side of the AO in a matter of seconds, they have there ups and downs as the single pilot is required to watch for AAA, find their target and fly the jet all at the same time and having  a higher chance of dodging AA. 

Whilst, CAS Helicopters lack in the ability to fly through the AO at speed, they make up with the ability to precisely drop massive payloads and deal with multiple targets, they lack the ability of armor and dodging AAA. All the CAS Helicopters if it was the Blackfoot or the Kajman they both can easily be brought to the ground by AA. Especially the Blackfoot which is made of 'paper mache' and can be brought down by a simple HMG or armed qilin.

In total, both assets have have the ability to replace each other in different areas, though it in all comes down to the player and what they want to fly.

I propose a simple solution to this topic, when a user loads into the fighter pilot slot they are present with a computer that gives them the option to either select AA Jet or CAS Jet. simply add a option that gives them the option to select CAS helicopter. By doing this would increase team work on the server as if they select CAS Helicopter their gonna need a gunner (AI: take alot of skill to efficiently gun with, and id still leave available for those who want). They still need to be called in by UAV or Infantry on the ground.

Now as for the AA Jet, the Helicopters could never replace them they its role can be filled in by and infantry and would be if it was necessary. you see at the moment on the server due to us having Jets infantry don`t need to carry AA launchers or drive the cheetah as they have a Jet. but if they were put in a position on needing to actually carry a launcher to deal with enemy Jets they would. This would again bring more team work onto the server.

Thanks and please leave an ? if you agree or an ? if you don't

Edited by Dogofwar
  • Like 4
  • Seems Good 1
  • thinking3d 1