webbie

Invade & Annex Xmas Event #2 '18

webbie    186

Don't Forget today is the final Invade and Annex Tanoa Xmas Event at 6pm restart!
Due to the popularity of the last race event, the same will be be run again on a different course!
Participation gets you an entry into the draw for a buttload of prizes!

• Like 3

• Farqman    86
    11 hours ago, webbie said:

Don't Forget today is the final Invade and Annex Tanoa Xmas Event at 6pm restart!
    Due to the popularity of the last race event, the same will be be run again on a different course!
    Participation gets you an entry into the draw for a buttload of prizes!

Sorry I missed it, family stuff.

Just out of curiosity, surely there is a few more things you could set up?

Perhaps make it a monthly thing? Or every few months.

you have quite a few skilled pilots on the servers. What about a Redbull Air Race style event? Set up a couple of radio towers as slalom gates. Could do a few runs with different helicopters, then the Ceasar, then finally the jets?

Um, carrier landings? That is always good for a laugh.

Relay style race. Add a few markers down. Different sections of the course require a different mode of transport. Zeus should be able to spawn in assets. 

Parachute comp, who can get closest to the marker?

Run and Gun in a tank. Spawn in say 5 enemy AI vehicles on 5 specific markers. Once the tank starts firing the vehicles should scatter. Lowest time wins?

Attack HQ. Set up a HQ type composition with a handful of Ai defending. People take in turns assaulting the objective, with 2 ai team mates. The goal is to clear the HQ as quick as possible, bonus points for keeping you AI alive. You could change this up by running teams of 5 players? Set an amount of revives available to a team. Not talking about scripting, just gentleman’s rules apply. Zeus could monitor. 

The options are endless. It is a sandbox after all.

webbie    186
    4 hours ago, Farqman said:

Sorry I missed it, family stuff.

Just out of curiosity, surely there is a few more things you could set up?

Perhaps make it a monthly thing? Or every few months.

you have quite a few skilled pilots on the servers. What about a Redbull Air Race style event? Set up a couple of radio towers as slalom gates. Could do a few runs with different helicopters, then the Ceasar, then finally the jets?

Um, carrier landings? That is always good for a laugh.

Relay style race. Add a few markers down. Different sections of the course require a different mode of transport. Zeus should be able to spawn in assets. 

Parachute comp, who can get closest to the marker?

Run and Gun in a tank. Spawn in say 5 enemy AI vehicles on 5 specific markers. Once the tank starts firing the vehicles should scatter. Lowest time wins?

Attack HQ. Set up a HQ type composition with a handful of Ai defending. People take in turns assaulting the objective, with 2 ai team mates. The goal is to clear the HQ as quick as possible, bonus points for keeping you AI alive. You could change this up by running teams of 5 players? Set an amount of revives available to a team. Not talking about scripting, just gentleman’s rules apply. Zeus could monitor. 

The options are endless. It is a sandbox after all.

First off I agree with you completely but here's some factors to consider.

Majority of these events I run by myself.

I've tried to do events previously and no one participates so I don't go out of my way to do them unless I it is for a special occasion. 

Having said that it's pointed out I need to advertise them but what would you suggest be a suitable timeframe? Method?

The I and A servers have a very heavy load on them already and while yes it is a sandbox their is alot going on that I don't have control over so is also a big factor in actually making sure that normal gameplay isn't interfered with either. 

All events need to be setup via vanilla Zeus which is inflexible at best.

Air races aren't possible because you need to be a pilot to fly planes.

I have previously done chopper races.

A few of suggestions have their a quite good but what works in theory doesn't always happen in practice.

My primary objective on top of all my other things has been to boost Tanoa .

Also please remember that without participation from players , motivation to do them will also lack.

I will keep your thoughts in mind though.

Edited by webbie
    • Like 1

Farqman    86

Is it not possible to take down I&A for a couple hours and load up a new mission file? That way everything can be preplanned. Have different scenarios across the map ready to go, people vote on what they want.

That way all Zeus has to do is spawn in vehicles pretty much. It won’t have scripts for role restrictions, friendly fire (don’t make any weapons available unless required by the scenario)

like I would honestly be happy to do a quick mock up for you and you can it by the other staff.

having a dedicated mission file would cut down on resources being wasted on AI not needed.

Edited by Farqman

webbie    186
    1 minute ago, Farqman said:

Is it not possible to take down I&A for a couple hours and load up a new mission file? That way everything can be preplanned. Have different scenarios across the map ready to go, people vote on what they want.

That way all Zeus has to do is spawn in vehicles pretty much. It won’t have scripts for role restrictions, friendly fire (don’t make any weapons available unless required by the scenario)

like I would honestly be happy to do a quick mock up for you and you can it by the other staff

@Fitz is the server manager. 

I am an administrator and just doing my bit and don't have access to those parts. 

Its also more work than just doing a new mission file because of the way parts of I and a work. 

At the end of the day it would be Fitz's call but I doubt the amount of work involved would be something that would happen.

• Like 1

Farqman    86

Perhaps. Switching a mission file is as simple as being logged in as admin, them typing “/missions” into chat. Can then choose the mission file you want to play. Once finished, swap back to I&A.

just throwing some ideas out there. I’m not a great pilot, but would be more than happy to spectate some pilots crashing and burning.

Edited by Farqman

webbie    186
    38 minutes ago, Farqman said:

Perhaps. Switching a mission file is as simple as being logged in as admin, them typing “/missions” into chat. Can then choose the mission file you want to play. Once finished, swap back to I&A.

just throwing some ideas out there. I’m not a great pilot, but would be more than happy to spectate some pilots crashing and burning.

As I said theirs alot more moving parts to I and a and doesn't just operate out  of a single mission file. We are all more than knowledgeable on how to operate servers but their alot of backend files that go with that including the database

• Like 1

Farqman    86

No problem, my apologies. I have no idea how the I&A setup works. At 55mb I was under the false impression everything was in the one file.

ill shut up now. Good luck with it

Fitz    1239

@Farqman Like webbie said, not everyone is interested or wants to participate in the events. If we swap I&A out for an event only mission file then the people that just want to play the game aren't going to be too happy.

We can organise to setup another server though, specifically for these events, with a more appropriate mission file on it.