• Wex

Gang Incentives/New Gang Base Idea

• Excel    806

Something I think could help out alot and remove confusion is upon creating a gang aswell as selecting a name for your gang you also select a tag, when a player joins that gang the tag auto applies to them infront of the name, This could also allow gang leaders/founders to pick a colour for there tag so [SP] Excel to [SP] Excel just for a little bit more fun.

Design of the Gang Base:

I'm not great with map editing or have knowledge on the limitations of the server's mission file but I'll leave the guidelines to the more qualified people. The gang bases should be designed by a member of the gang unless a member of the staff team is willing to design a gang base for them. Maybe even have a default gang base to work from if a design can't be made. 

Regarding this, Server staff could develop certain gang base designs maybe like 3-5 options for gangs to choose from. Some designs may be big bases with many features that would cost more $$$ however there could also be smaller options that cost less $$$, It all comes down to what the gang is interested in. Gang owners can then upgrade/downgrade or even change design of there base for a cost.

Gang Shed:

• Very high amount of storage compared to houses.
    • Allowing gangs to store gear and items to share among the whole gang.
    • The shed has to unlocked by a Gang Leader/Founder either via an updated gang menu or windows key at the shed. 
    • Can be raided by the police if they have a valid warrant on at least 3 members or the gang founder.

I feel as If there could be issues with a communal storage so with the ranks in the gang as you mentioned you could do It so the storage is private and everyone is allocated a certain ammount. A gang leader would have more storage space than a member of the gang maybe like that?

However when being raided by cops all items would show in the inventory.

Thoughts?

Edited by Excel
    • Like 2

Fusionable    348

@Wex this is a seriously thought out, I highly appreciate the time you have taken to write a suggestion and put forward these ideas. This is something that I will be carrying forward to Altis Life staff and development, obviously some tweaking would be needed in particular areas to suit what our team has available and what the server can offer. I can greatly see this in action and hopefully we can continue to build off this idea and possibly see it in game. However with all things there is time, please continue to add to this suggestion and utilise these threads because they are noticed and we request your feedback to greater your experience on the server. @Excel your additions are also very notiable and likewise I thank you for contributing.

If there were a couple things I could add to this discussion in my opinion;

- When cops raid the vault they would recieve about 75% of the vault and it would be divised between the cops online.

- Each gang base would only recieve a portion of rebel, cartel and contractor stores applicable to the base size.

- I love the gang design idea Excel proposed, these gang bases could be designed by both staff and community members and would have a range of higher class bases and lower class. Higher would correspond with a larger vault and storage capacity, access to more clothes from each store and a more fortified base and vice versa for the lower classes bases.

- When you are in the in-game gang a certain percentage of your pay check goes to the gang base vault. (An addition to this could also be a drug dealer takeover or maybe an illegal dealer takeover which when taken over, civilians would lose a 10% cut off there selling price and that cut would be transferred to the gang vault that has taken the dealer.)

- Some aspects of the terms and conditions could be monitored out of game by staff because it would be unnecessary development eg. 50 hours combined, this wold probably be determined out of game.

Kind regards, 

• <3 1

silentkiller    16

+1 on this.
    but add more. I honestly also would add that the Rank of Snr Sgt+ or Division on the police cannot be any higher than Gang member, do there Proticals that have been place on to them

• thinking3d 1

Fusionable    348

@silentkiller please expand on “but add more”, add more what? And yes obviously protocols would correspond but that is already the case anyway a senior sergeant+ or detective/srt may not be involved in rebel activities, either way that is besides the point kind of gearing off the main point of gang bases here.

Wex    402
    6 hours ago, Fusionable said:

- Some aspects of the terms and conditions could be monitored out of game by staff because it would be unnecessary development eg. 50 hours combined, this wold probably be determined out of game.

Yeah the whole maintaining a gang base would have to be done manually by the staff team to determine if a gang is active enough and their behaviour standards is decent enough to keep the base. 

• Like 1

Daywalker    114

Great ideas Wex. It would be great to see this implemented in the near future. With the gang vault I think that only half, or less, of it should be able to be taken by the cops if you want the raiding of these to take place regularly or else gangs will just not use the gang vault.

Skyfise    252
    5 minutes ago, BOB123 said:

+1mil also gang funds would be great only leader/founder can access it.

i AGREE WITH BOBS STATEMENT, add war points aswell 🙂