OrionSync

Malden Mondays

OrionSync    49

Would like to get your guys thoughts on possibly implementing a Malden Monday, where each Monday the Malden I&A would be run on the Tanoa Server from 6pm till 12am.

This is in response to player requests and suggestions that there needed to be more variety in the I&A maps. 

We have loaded the Malden I&A on the Tanoa Server Yesterday at the 6pm restart for 24 hrs  until the 6pm restart today the 12th Jan for you guys to jump on and have a go. Earlier on in the night we peaked around the 37 players mark who were suprised upon logging in with the phrase of the night being "This is not Tanoa" once over the shock I believe everybody had a great time. 

It also offers an alternative for those players who currently do not own the APEX DLC as Malden was a free vanilla DLC.

Feel free to post you thoughts, comments and/or any suggestions.

vP8bvWj.png

Edited by OrionSync
  • Like 8
  • Clap 1

• Zombine45    177

After i regained my composure i had a lot of fun, although the main base seemed a bit cluttered with a lot of fences and stuff around. It was nice to play Malden on something other than wasteland.

Also i'm glad my little quip didn't go unnoticed, i thought everyone missed it since i didn't get a reaction at the time.

OrionSync    49
    13 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

After i regained my composure i had a lot of fun, although the main base seemed a bit cluttered with a lot of fences and stuff around. 

Would have to agree with you about the base clutter and that is something we can look into tidying up. 

16 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

Also i'm glad my little quip didn't go unnoticed, i thought everyone missed it since i didn't get a reaction at the time.

Almost every 2nd player connecting had the same reaction "Wait this is not Tanoa" provided laughs for us in TeamSpeak for ages.

Thanks for your feedback it's greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
    • lul 1

Guardian    45

Would definitely support a Malden Monday event. Some solid variety going downrange

• Like 2
    • Seems Good 1

Farqman    86

With Malden being a smaller map, Helicopters could be possibly used less?

Set the starting base to be the island top right of map. Have a basic crate with a standard rifle or loadout. Then have pilots ferry us to an FOB somewhere where we pick up weapons and vehicles. Will give the FOB a sense of purpose. Of course if people want to go directly to the objective/AO, they will have a standard loadout.

Or possibly have the starting base off the new boat with a single heli on the deck?
    Jets can have the carrier to land and take off?
    Just ideas.

I just see Maldon being more vehicle based. Maybe don't even include a CAS jet?

• Like 2
    • thinking3d 2

OrionSync    49

XSYHWLZ.png

Thanks for all your feedback guys, we had our first impromptu Malden Monday tonight.
    Although off to a slow start it slowly gained momentum especially with the help of @webbie promoting throughout the night on the other servers,  @Noskire for getting the word out there before restart and @Fitz for implementing the scheduled messages on the I&A Servers and overall allowing us to put on these nights.

Look forward to seeing you all out there.
    Thanks again guys and Enjoy!

Edited by OrionSync
    • Like 3
    • Clap 1