decibel_spl

Constant Timescale

decibel_spl    76

Proposed idea: Have the timescale set as a constant rather than fast at night, slower at dawn/dusk, and normal at day. The idea behind this would be you get a better day/night cycle and one whole cycle might take say, 1 whole restart; 6hrs irl time corresponding to 24hrs in game time. There's less people that complain about night and it's really fun for all aspects.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1
  • nothanks 1

• Goose_    31

I Believe a vote night/day system would work well if this was implemented.

• Like 2

AceWinchester    213
    10 hours ago, War Machine said:

So, we got 6 hours before restart, how about 3 hours day time and 3 hours night time which also includes dawn and dusk as part of day time and night time.

Night missions can be good fun and I would like to see more but It can get annoying that green filter. 3 hours might be a bit much, maybe 90 minutes?

• Like 1

webbie    186

Its been discussed many times over many years. A much higher percentage dislike night. I think maybe the 90 mins would be ok but staring at green for more than that would be ?

• Like 3

decibel_spl    76

Another alternative to my suggestion is have constant time scale through dawn to dusk and have a slightly faster timescale through night - this still achieves more night missions but each night being slightly shorter. One night cycle should last at least an hour in my opinion. Perhaps a timescale through day could be something like x4 - this would equate to 6hrs of dawn through dusk with then 1-1.5 hrs of night play; Would end up being 1 night cycle every 2 restarts.

Edited by decibel_spl

webbie    186
    2 hours ago, decibel_spl said:

Another alternative to my suggestion is have constant time scale through dawn to dusk and have a slightly faster timescale through night - this still achieves more night missions but each night being slightly shorter. One night cycle should last at least an hour in my opinion. Perhaps a timescale through day could be something like x4 - this would equate to 6hrs of dawn through dusk with then 1-1.5 hrs of night play; Would end up being 1 night cycle every 2 restarts.

Time is actually managed by a file that keeps it persistent and isn't easily manipulated unfortunately.
    This is also why only @Fitz is able to actually change it using debug but it doesn't have a huge effect anyway because the server will revert it back to some extent .
    Their is a possibility of voting but generally speaking voting always results in a day vote so not worth the time.

Fitz    1239

The scale is manipulated pretty easily actually (just these numbers below), changing it manually during the session doesn't work though.

image.png.14c26d3a3a7e5e085a9e755e1e614b3d.png

I think changing the above scales a bit and accelerating midday slightly is probably the best/easiest option.

Edited by Fitz
    • Like 2
    • hahaa 1

webbie    186
    10 minutes ago, Fitz said:

The scale is manipulated pretty easily actually (just these numbers below), changing it manually during the session doesn't work though.

image.png.14c26d3a3a7e5e085a9e755e1e614b3d.png

I think changing the above scales a bit and accelerating midday slightly is probably the best/easiest option.

Ah ok is that new?, Last time I looked I didnt see that oh well their you have it