Farqman

Ironside Handicapped?

Farqman    86

It has probably been discussed previously and I have missed it, but has the Tanks been handicapped?

You enter an AO and to kill enemy tanks they can take multiple hits. Take a friendly tank into the AO and chances are you get wiped by the first hit? Either I am doing something wrong, or something isn't balanced

• Zombine45    177

Tank damage models changed a fair bit when the tanks DLC came in, they're much more resilient from the front.

But if you feel you're dying too much, try playing more defensively with the tank, park it so that only the turret is visible, the turret has a lot more armour than the hull and you're much more likely to survive a hit. It also decreases the chance that the enemy actually see you.

• Like 1
    • Wesmart 2

Fitz    1239

No handicap or anything like that has been placed on the tanks. The problem (for me at least) since the Tank update a while back, is the top-down Titan rockets and the Vorona rockets that the enemies use.

These are an instant kill almost every time, so the old strategy of driving straight into the AO and killing everything doesn't work so well anymore.

• Like 3

pkisbest    198

Best advice is to multi-crew a tank. And find a few people to either crew a second tank, or a bobcat. There’s safety in numbers, and the multi-crew aspect allows more successful dodging of missiles and RPG’s. And work with other Ironside members not in your group. 

Also try and sit on hills like...1.5-2km + away for guaranteed safety from AI in the AO. In some AO’s you can get closer due to natural cover, but each AO is unique.

I’m not sure if there is something Fitz can do with the AI to prevent the top down, or at least lower the damage of it, but for the moment ya gotta deal with it.

Remember in terms of damaging tanks - the rear is the weakest generally. If you can get a few good rounds into the turret and disable it, that’s a second option for where to target.

Note: please forgive any grammatical errors, this was written by a very tired Pk.

• Like 1

War Machine    40
    On 1/22/2019 at 7:54 PM, pkisbest said:

Best advice is to multi-crew a tank. And find a few people to either crew a second tank, or a bobcat. There’s safety in numbers, and the multi-crew aspect allows more successful dodging of missiles and RPG’s. And work with other Ironside members not in your group. 

Also try and sit on hills like...1.5-2km + away for guaranteed safety from AI in the AO. In some AO’s you can get closer due to natural cover, but each AO is unique.

I’m not sure if there is something Fitz can do with the AI to prevent the top down, or at least lower the damage of it, but for the moment ya gotta deal with it.

Remember in terms of damaging tanks - the rear is the weakest generally. If you can get a few good rounds into the turret and disable it, that’s a second option for where to target.

Note: please forgive any grammatical errors, this was written by a very tired Pk.

Why not try doing a BLITZ KREIG should be fun, I guess...

Nova    1779

even with a crew you cant out run those rockets

this vid is me driver. brid gunner? and fitz commander 

maybe if we deployed smoke but even then

• Like 1
    • Haha 1

BigRed    133
    On 1/24/2019 at 12:56 AM, War Machine said:

Why not try doing a BLITZ KREIG should be fun, I guess...

There is a legitimate argument to be made for armour using speed and violence of action. IE, 3 tanks rolling in hard and fast to quickly close with and overwhelm the enemy. Though with every man, dog, seagull and small shrub in the AO having some kind of launcher, I doubt it would be effective in I&A.

• Like 1

War Machine    40
    On 1/24/2019 at 1:54 PM, Nova said:

even with a crew you cant out run those rockets

this vid is me driver. brid gunner? and fitz commander 

maybe if we deployed smoke but even then

The tank still seems in good working condition and yet, and yet a single hit took it out...

Nova    1779
    2 hours ago, War Machine said:

The tank still seems in good working condition and yet, and yet a single hit took it out...

yea it was a fresh tank. maybe if we had slat armor we would have maybe survived idk

webbie    186

It seemed to me that the missile was pretty intent on your destruction. I know a few drivers that will turn the engine off once in a position to remove the heat source.

Nova    1779
    5 hours ago, webbie said:

It seemed to me that the missile was pretty intent on your destruction. I know a few drivers that will turn the engine off once in a position to remove the heat source.

im pretty sure it takes a while for the heat signature to dissipate since we'd already been driving for a while to get to the ao