webbie

Invade & Annex Event Server Discussion

webbie    186

1582098169_StrayaZOps.thumb.jpg.7ba61b7f2c9779213e1c140da037db39.jpg

Hello Liberators,

Strayagaming Invade & Annex will be hosting Zeus Operations regularly on Sundays on an independent Dedicated Server.

Server Launch time: 12pm AEDT
Mission Start Time:  12:30pm AEDT
Location: Strayagaming.com.au | Invade & Annex: Events (139.99.153.147:2322)

The server will start early for players to organise themselves, squads and zeus's to arrange the mission.

Each mission will be advertised at least 3 days in advance including a mission brief and some discussion.

The Event Calendar will also display information related to Server Activities.

A Calendar Event and a linked post will be posted with any relevant information.

Calendar can be found here:
https://strayagaming.com/calendar/23-ia-calendar/

Suggestions for missions can be placed here:

Edited by webbie
  • Like 4

• Zombine45    177

I recall someone mentioning that with the Achilles mod you can set some sort of zeus whitelist, what are the chances of seeing zeus's on the event server that aren't the main server admins?

I think it would also be cool to have the server open at other times, with just a standard zeus mission file. (Not all the time, but maybe saturday nights?)

I mainly suggest this because my Sundays are very busy during the day time and i won't be able to attend any of the events in the future. I went to great lengths moving things around to be at the last one.

Nova    1779
    7 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

I recall someone mentioning that with the Achilles mod you can set some sort of zeus whitelist, what are the chances of seeing zeus's on the event server that aren't the main server admins?

fitz said he disabled it so i guess not

7 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

I mainly suggest this because my Sundays are very busy during the day time and i won't be able to attend any of the events in the future. I went to great lengths moving things around to be at the last one.

saturday during the day would be a great time to have it too

• thinking3d 1

webbie    186

I opted for Sunday in agreeance with @OrionSync and @Noskire because it works better for all of us. Saturday night are when quite a few people are out socially. But I'll put up a poll to see what consensus is.

• Like 1

Zombine45    177

@webbie What i mainly meant was to have a normal zeus file up on a saturday night, with a zeus slot and normal player slots, and have sort of 'impromptu' missions, so normal players can do zeus. All this in addition to the planned ops on sundays.

webbie    186

I see well we will need to discuss that and come back to it.

How would you suggest a selection procedure is done? 

Zombine45    177

For who can play the zeus? Maybe just I&A vets at first, then maybe expand to an application based whitelist?

Nova    1779

definitely shouldnt be on a saturday night as thats when a lot of milsim units run their ops

• Wesmart 1

webbie    186

I'm still heavily inclined to leave it to the sunday. Unless theirs a huge sway in the poll, it will likely remain the sunday as planned.

Edited by webbie
    • Like 1

Farqman    86

As the events are on a pop up server and it isn’t technically a monetised server. Can we PLEASE run RHS?

Zombine45    177
    35 minutes ago, Farqman said:

As the events are on a pop up server and it isn’t technically a monetised server. Can we PLEASE run RHS?

They've said they wont be running any mods on the server.

pkisbest    198

The pop up server still uses the I&A file, so adding any mods like RHS would require some what I can imagine to be extensive changing to it.

webbie    186
    3 minutes ago, pkisbest said:

extensive

6+  hours and much more to alter many other specifics within the framework.
    However it is possible if they are added via zeus.

May happen down the track, no promises.

Edited by webbie

Farqman    86

Realistically, all they would have to do is add the RHS arsenal, then Zues spawns in the assets required for the mission like tanks and stuff. I don't care if I fight CSAT.

Just want to be rolling around in Blackhawks, humvees and Abrams

• Like 1

Nova    1779

yooooo TFAR next then ACE :pogchamp::pogchamp::pogchamp::pogchamp::pogchamp::pogchamp:

then change it to a different map

then run structured missions

boi i cant wait

• lul 2
    • Jebaited 1

Farqman    86
    7 minutes ago, Nova said:

yooooo TFAR next then ACE :pogchamp::pogchamp::pogchamp::pogchamp::pogchamp::pogchamp:

boi i cant wait

Jesus Christ, and you wonder why the forums are dead.

• Haha 1

pkisbest    198

Honestly I think a modded I&A would be fun, but from a monetary point of view, I don’t think it would be worth the manpower and time required to do it.

It’d be a weekly event at best, as I can’t see a modded I&A server being overly successful.

Farqman    86
    5 minutes ago, pkisbest said:

Honestly I think a modded I&A would be fun, but from a monetary point of view, I don’t think it would be worth the manpower and time required to do it.

It’d be a weekly event at best, as I can’t see a modded I&A server being overly successful.

Yeah you hit the nail on the head. Money.

Can’t use RHS on a monetised server. Can’t charge for perks. Honestly think that an RHS would be more popular. But then your revenue stops.

everything in life revolves around money

webbie    186
    14 hours ago, Farqman said:

Realistically, all they would have to do is add the RHS arsenal, then Zues spawns in the assets required for the mission like tanks and stuff. I don't care if I fight CSAT.

Just want to be rolling around in Blackhawks, humvees and Abrams

Yes this is basically what I was getting at. Neither @Fitz or I want to spend hours and hours doing classnames.

And honestly monetisation doesn't even come into the equation as it wouldn't go against any rules.

RHS and other mods is perfectly ok for an event server but persistent missions not so much.

11 hours ago, Nova said:

boi i cant wait

?

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    3 hours ago, webbie said:

And honestly monetisation doesn't even come into the equation as it wouldn't go against any rules.

you have to get permission from the mod creators and some of them dont like it

webbie    186

I keep forgetting to mention but we will run Op's every Sunday Fortnight.

The next one is Velvet Thunder which is a community event on a whole and we are looking for recruits.

Following that we will do an op every fortnight at the aforementioned schedule.

Having said that if time permits and they're are a few players interested I can run one on the fly, I have plenty in the playbook.

Edited by webbie

webbie    186

Update 3rd March 2019

With the new mission files in place all 3 maps are now available to use.

Some other stuff:

• Fixed: People carrying medic kit can now revive
    • Battleye Disabled (Because getting kicked from your own event is pretty fkn rainbow)
    • Adjusted to 30 player slots (28 Players + 2 specs)
    • Disabled Radio Chatter (annoying reporting of everything and anything)
    • Added: Some pretty flags
    • Probably some other stuff that I can't remember

@xx_zero_xx_alpha_xx mentioned about some more dedicated slots to actual roles. I will add actual roles but leave the Arsenals unrestricted.
    RHS was somewhat of a success so moving forward we will make this a permanent feature  and once downloaded it doesn't update too regularly.

If players would like to see more RHS mods in it I would ask that you DL them:

Thank you all for playing and spread the word because I will endeavour to make this a more frequent and dynamic event.

• Like 2