Noskire

Operation Iron Ryder

• Farqman    86

10am Sydney time?

edit. Nevermind. Once you click the calendar it changes

Edited by Farqman
    • Like 1

BigRed    133

Okay. I've decided to knock some orders together for the recon team. I was at work and thought I hadn't done them in years...I remember why, and it reminded me why I transferred to aviation.

Simply put, we boat in, creep up, watch the airfield, tell everyone where the tanks and such are, then get the **** outa dodge. This is a silent surveillance mission, we shouldn't be shooting AT ALL. So if you want to play on the recon team but wanna get into combat, join one of the combat teams. I've already got @iopio on the team, and possible @Dogofwar.

If the Zues's wish to go over these and let me know if there are changes to the mission that will gravely effect this. @decibel_spl @Crag_r @Guardian @Swordster if you wanna give these a quick once over that'd be great but it really isn't required after out brief last night.

If you see things in square brackets, that's me as a real person commenting.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Recon Squad “Raven” Orders

Caveats:-

1. These orders may change as further information becomes available from 2 Cell (Intel) in the form of strategic space based and HALE UAS (High Altitude Long Endurance Unmanned Aerial Systems) based reconnaissance and SIGINT

[We’re going to ask Zues where we can expect resistance, as well as a bunch of other things]

2. These orders are a subset to those of Operation Iron Ryder (The Operation). Members are expected to be briefed on those orders prior to reading these.

1. Situation.

a. Topography.

Members are familiar with the Tanoa Strategic Area of Operations (the TSAO) and as such I shall focus on task specific locations.

(i) Tanoa International Airport (Aéroport de Tanoa) In Vicinity Of (IVO) GR 069073 shall serve as the Main Operating Base (MOB) for the operation.

(ii) St. George Island, IVO GR 111040 located to the south of the TSAO, is where the operation shall take place. This shall be known as “the AO”

(iii) Tuadua Island IVO GR 084013, located to the far south of the TSAO and to the South West of St George Island shall serve as a point at which the unit shall flank while underway

(iv) St. George Airstrip, IVO GR 117013, shall be the expected location of the High Value Assets (HVAs) of the Operation and shall be the location of interest for the Raven’s mission.

(v) Observation Point, IVO GR 120019, a rock face pinnacle feature which shall serve as the primary Observation Point (OP) for the mission, this shall be known as “the OP”.

(vi) Landing Area, a beach landing zone located IVO GR 122014

(vii) Radio Tower, IVO GR 110042, a radio tower on spot height 183, is a potential point of enemy (EN) surveillance and communications relay.

(viii) Point Herbie, located at GR 089053, is an RV placed for exfiltration

b. Enemy Forces.

Caveat. EN forces report is generic pending update from 2 Cell.

[Zues is limited in the group breakdown they can spawn, and it’ll change if we’re doing well or doing shit, or if the server goes into potato mode]

(i) Size: Estimated to be company strength of Infantry, augmented by half squadron strength of main armoured elements including support. This can be expected to be up to 4 Main Battle Tanks (MBTs)

(ii) Activities: EN is expected to be holding ground in standard posture with armoured elements in short notice storage for the purposes of concealment. EN is expected to react quickly on their assessment of attack in order to (IOT) stand up armour units.

(iii) Locations:

-Main EN forces are expected to be IVO St. George Airstrip.

-Limited patrolling forces and scouting/surveillance elements may be found patrolling the northern approaches of St. George Island.

(iv) Units:

-3xEN Infantry Platoon

-4xT140 MBT

-4xZamak Truck, repair

-1xCommand Element including signals detachment

(v) Tactics: Standard CSAT tactics can be expected, with emphasis being placed on their urgency to stand up armour upon significant attack to a combat ready posture.

(vi) Equipment: Standard CSAT equipment is to be expected

(vii) Habits. Standard CSAT habits are to be expected

(viii) Intentions. CSAT is expected to rally and stand up armoured assets if they believe their secrecy has been compromised.

(ix) Morale: CSAT morale is expected to be high, as CSAT believes they have the element of surprise by successfully bring the T140s ashore.

c. NGOs:

IDAP has reported it has no operations IVO St. George Island

d. Friendly Forces:

Friendly Forces are holding IVO the MOB. The only forces moving south will be the forces participating in the Operation.

e. Attachments and Detachments:

Pending approval from NATO Pacific Command (PACCOM), one UAS unit will be assisting for intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) purposes.

f. Civilians:

Civil Military Cooperation (CIMIC) has advised that the islands have been evacuated for some time. However recent photo reconnaissance suggests there may be a small number of refugees present in the AO.

2. Mission.

Raven is to conduct Special Reconnaissance IVO St. George Airstrip, IOT ascertain the location of CSAT MBT, their corresponding support elements, and any other CSAT forces, no later than (NLT) 1210h AEST for the purpose of providing ISR and battlespace appreciation in support of (ISO) Operation Iron Ryder.

3. Execution:

a. General Outline.

Raven shall deploy by sea utilizing 1x Combat Rubber Raiding Craft (CRRC), to the southern shores of St. George Island IOT set up an OP where they are to conduct special reconnaissance of St. George Airstrip. They are to ascertain the location of any MBTs, Zamak trucks and critical combat forces and relay that information to the main fighting element. If needed the patrol shall conduct critical strike and harassing/distracting fire from the OP. On completion, or if needed, the unit shall withdraw back to the same boat and infiltrate.

b. Groupings and Tasks.

Raven, shall be a 4 man team, with the minimum capabilities of:

(i) Combat Paramedicine

(ii) AT, Titan

(iii) Marksman, >1.5km engagement distance

(iv) Direct Fire Support, GPMG/SPMG

(v) Augmented Capabilities: Laser Designations, Joint Terminal Attack Control, Joint Fires Observation

c. Coordinating Instructions.

(i) Phase One, Deployment:

-Members are to be assembled and ready to deploy at the terminal area of the MOB NTL 1130h AEST.

-Raven is to move to the wharf, located to the south of the MOB and board a CRRC, and proceed south to the waters South West of Tuadua Island.

-Raven will then proceed west and moor on the southern shores of St. George Island IVO GR 122014

-Raven will then infiltrate inland to the OP

-Raven in to be established at the OP NTL 1200h

(ii) Phase Two, Special Reconnaissance:

-Raven will conduct Special Reconnaissance overlooking St. George Airstrip.

-HVAs and HVTs are as follows in descending order of priority:

1. T140 MBTs

2. Zamak Trucks

3. AT and AA capabilities

4. Command Capabilities

5. Communication Capabilities

Caveat: Patrol Commander has authority to override priority of HVA/HVTs if deemed necessary.

(iii) Phase Three, if needed, Harassing and Distracting Fires and Critical Strike:

-At the Operational Controllers (OPCON) authority, Raven is to conduct critical strike on key EN locations and targets, and/or, conduct harassing and distracting fires from the OP, IOT reduce the enemy’s ability to strike and ability to coordinate and orientate in the battlespace respectively.

(iv) Phase Four, Exfiltration:

-On orders from OPCON or patrol commander, Raven is to withdraw back to the CRRC and launch to sea.

-Raven will track northbound to Point Herbie, and if required by OPCON shall provide surveillance and covering fire to forces extracting north.

Actions On: Contact, Raven is to immediately disengage by overwhelming fire and regroup 300m to the rear of contact. Consolidate and make a snap decision on whether to exfiltrate or remain in play.

[I’m not going to write up ever bloody actions on, I’m not getting paid for this shit]

Orders for Open Fire: Raven shall not fire unless fired upon, or until ordered by the patrol commander/OPCON.

Nil Applicability: Boundaries, Probable Bounds, Formations, Navigation, Deception/Cover Plan, Illumination Policy, Degrees of Weapons Readiness, ROE, Details of Fire Support or Rehearsals

4. Administration and Logistics.

Dress and Equipment:

-Members are to only wear NATO equipment. Multicam Tropic, Tropic CTRG or Temperate/Tropic appropriate Area 51 uniforms only.

-All members are to have at least 2 IFAKs and one set of observation optics (Binos or Laser Des)

-Gunner is to carry at least 400rds of link ammo for the SPMG

-AT is to carry at least 2 AT titans

-Marksman may choose to utilise a half ghillie, but not a full one. Rifle must be able to engage at least 1500m

-All weapons must be suppressed

[All the other crap in a standard orders brief doesn’t really apply to ARMA]

5. Command and Signals.

Callsigns:

-OPCON, Ranger

-Team Alpha (Infantry), Cheetah

-Team Bravo (IDFSWP/Infantry), Wolf

-Mechanised Infantry, Rhino

-Recon, Raven

Comms Method:

-Command elements and Patrol Leaders will utilise TeamSpeak

-Each unit will utilise their own group channel

[It’s not like we even use radios in ARMA, even TFAR is child’s play on the complications of real radios]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As a side note to Zues, I'll need a small rubber boat. Also, I've set this up to only launch 30 minutes early but in reality we'd go in the night or two nights before. I'd love it if we didn't get in contact as we're even attempting to get the the OP as it'd kinda ruin the immersion.

• Like 2

webbie    186

fk me @BigRed

im not reading all that i just wasnna fking kill you not know your when your trooper takes a dump :Kappa:

• lul 1
    • Feels Sad Man 1
    • reee 1