Humaine

Adding Enhanced Movement

Humaine    131

Hey Guys,

I know you guys want to keep I & A as vanilla as possible, but can I possible suggest adding Enhanced Movement to the server? can it be patched in server-side?

I read that it can be glitchy, but it seems more realistic if you can climb over a chest high wall, instead of running all the way around it, as you find often on Tanoa.

Would be nice if we could ?

• pkisbest    198

If it becomes server side does it not become an essential mod? As in to play the server it’s required in order to play?

Humaine    131

I've added Mods to a server that doesn't require the mod being used client side. Quicksilver's Reload mod is an example.

Nova    1779

you can add almost any mod to a server without everyone requiring it. problem will be is ****s floating over walls if you dont have the mod

webbie    186

The only option would be to add it as a reqd and that's going to happen. It's the same for skin mods, only people who actually have the mod would be able to see them to everyone else they would be naked. A large part of I and A is built around having obstructions so enhanced movement would wreck that anyway.

Humaine    131

Still... it looks cool when you bound over a fence... Lol ...
    Lets hope the next version of Arma might include something like this integrated...

Edited by Humaine
    addition

webbie    186
    7 minutes ago, Humaine said:

Still... it looks cool when you bound over a fence... Lol ...
    Lets hope the next version of Arma might include something like this integrated...

Yeah I use it on just about everything but always leave it optional because the glitches can be a bit game breaking. You kinda climb a wall sometimes then go under the ground then get thrown back 30 m and either die or get really really injured although some of that in part is due to anti cheat.

Humaine    131

I hadn't used it before until recently when I was on a WW2 mod server, and it was really handy moving through the wreckage of a town, but yea I can see the issues even in that video I posted.