Luke

TANKS ARE MADE OF PAPER MACHE | URGENT ISSUE

Luke    12

I know I am not the first to mention this in TS but I appear to be the first to mention it here, for the love of god, when even a Rhino MGS WITH SLAT ARMOUR gets one tapped by any AI launcher there is a serious power disparity here.

It is not fair for the ironside guys who go and drive to an AO, only to get one shot by an AT guy, you end up wasting 15mins of your life that you will never get back.

By extension, the countermeasures do jack shit to stop a missile as well. Not once have I had it stop a missile short.

@Fitz, @webbie, @Nortcai We need to fix this asap guys. If it is an arma framework thing, you need to reduce your Anti-Tank team spawn rate as this is redicoulous.

• Like 1
  • Seems Good 1

• Nova    1779

it has been an issue from day one. maybe be a bit more careful where you sit. try a fully crewed tank if you havent already, a commander can shoot infantry easier

Hope    154

There is nothing that staff could do about this, I’ve played ironside / APCs most my time on I&A, you get 1 tapped and that’s just bohemian incompetence for you, it’s like bushes or the stone walls, they fucken 1 tap the engine out of any blufor tank (anything with the slammer UP Body)

its been like this for years, doubt they’ll fix it, but you can do things to prevent most of it as nova said.

Zombine45    177

Slat armour isn't this magic stop all protection, it MIGHT save you from an RPG shot that probably wouldn't have killed you anyway. It generally reduces damage by an amount, it does NOT negate it. I'm not saying this is how it works in the real world or that this system is realistic, but this is how it works in game.

The Rhino is a thinly armoured vehicle and the slat armour is really just a waste of weight and i wouldn't bother with it. If you've got the Rhino in a position where it can be hit by an RPG, then you're playing it wrong.

As for the one tap missile launcher, bohemia are idiots. The Vorona is an instant kill on any vehicle in top-attack mode and it ignores IR smoke, so the only way to not get killed is to not be locked onto, and the only way to do that is to not be seen.

Like i said in the previous post, put the tank in a position where as little as possible is visible, or just be as far away as humanly possible, OR so close that they can't lock onto you properly. Your choice.

@Hope The engine in the Slammer is in the front so its MUCH more likely to get damaged when being shot at, it's designed to protect the crew and passengers.

• Like 2

Hope    154
    30 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

Slat armour isn't this magic stop all protection, it MIGHT save you from an RPG shot that probably wouldn't have killed you anyway. It generally reduces damage by an amount, it does NOT negate it. I'm not saying this is how it works in the real world or that this system is realistic, but this is how it works in game.

The Rhino is a thinly armoured vehicle and the slat armour is really just a waste of weight and i wouldn't bother with it. If you've got the Rhino in a position where it can be hit by an RPG, then you're playing it wrong.

As for the one tap missile launcher, bohemia are idiots. The Vorona is an instant kill on any vehicle in top-attack mode and it ignores IR smoke, so the only way to not get killed is to not be locked onto, and the only way to do that is to not be seen.

Like i said in the previous post, put the tank in a position where as little as possible is visible, or just be as far away as humanly possible, OR so close that they can't lock onto you properly. Your choice.

@Hope The engine in the Slammer is in the front so its MUCH more likely to get damaged when being shot at, it's designed to protect the crew and passengers.

To the extent of dying if you hit a wall going 20km/h is just stupid, and it’s not meant to be like that

Fitz    1239

I know this is very annoying. I can experiment with reducing the damage from the Titan and Vorona, but I don't want to make things too easy either.

• Like 1

webbie    186

I mean, and I've said this before from my POV (as CSAT) a lot of the time tanks are sitting up skylining and I'm not saying everybody does the but I see it alot and is the easiest kill ever. Watch Stephen do tanks he generally in one session wont even lose a tank and more than often gets bombed rather than rocketed and that's solely due to tactical placement alone.

Don't get me wrong having to kill a T 140 with 4+ rockets is pretty nasty especially when same tank blufor side get 1 tapped.