Noskire

Operation Dawn's Break

• webbie    186

If theirs any feedback relating to this, please leave it here. A few changes and the mechanics will be made to rectify some simple issues however moving forward we will also being customising the mission files so things work more fluently.

Overall a pretty good event. The annoying things form the week before were fixed, and that's positive.

Mission started pretty well. Things only really unravelled when people started to muck around (I respawned at one point to see two or 3 players blowing buildings up at he respawn point), which meant momentum faltered on a fairly difficult to coordinate op.  As the numbers of people not focused increased the scenario got a bit tough to cope with. When the arty started dropping towards the end and no one was communicating I jumped off the server.

In terms of future improvements, two things 1) Having the civilians wander off without a way to contain them added to the frustration (few players still active at that point) and people treating it like an I&A AO and doing their own thing.  At the risk of overcomplicating it,  maybe next time we could have squad slots with standard I&A composition (squad lead, medic, autorifleman, marksman, etc) and let trusted individuals recruit to fill their own squads. Limit each game to 3-4 squads.

• Like 2

webbie    186

Evacuation and rescue missions are difficult to control in arma. I've actually recommended we don't do these because it's very difficult to control them especially if theirs a few of them it takes too much time .