xx_zero_xx_alpha_xx

Friday night /weekend chaos

Friday nights and weekends are  always a bit more chaotic than other times.

I had an in-game discussion tonight with Stephen and Wolvren about restricting some slots to players with a minimum number of server hours (say 50) over the busier periods. 

Maybe include medics, ironside and pilot slots as having minimum number of hours logged on server. If nothing else but as a way of eliminating frustration from the rest of us..

Thoughts?

• nothanks 3

• pkisbest    198

Pilots do currently have a restriction before your allowed to fly. It's 2 hours.

• Like 1

webbie    186

The reality is that its a public server and we don't want to take roles away from new players because being a new player doesn't necessarily mean that cant do the role.

Limiting the roles purely to a certain timeframe eg. friday nights and not other nights would be a bit difficult other than doing it as a normal thing and asking players for 50 hours would just make people not want to play.

2 hours I think would be acceptable but it would fall on @Fitz to make that call ultimately.

Lots of arguments for and against. Where I'm coming from is that certain slots being filled by people who don't know how to do them end up raising aggravation levels. A pilot killing a load of infantry isn't only slightly worse than the only medic on medic on the field not playing the role.

Couple of hours time on server before filling one of those slots that can cause widespread chaos would be a great idea!

• Like 1
    • Dislike 1

Josh_ua    933

As Webbie stated, the reality is that Invade & Annex is a public server - you will get trolls, and you will get new players who don't understand how things work. Adding a time requirement in say an autoriflemen slot is not necessarily going to assist in mitigating the issue in a medic slot because they haven't actually been given time to learn the mechanics behind the medic role. 

That being said, I can understand your frustration. A better solution to this issue would be to direct new players to our guides on the forums (here) or giving them 5 minutes of your time in-game to help them understand the responsibilities and mechanics of the role. @xx_zero_xx_alpha_xx

• Like 2

webbie    186
    50 minutes ago, Joshua_ said:

As Webbie stated, the reality is that Invade & Annex is a public server - you will get trolls, and you will get new players who don't understand how things work. Adding a time requirement in say an autoriflemen slot is not necessarily going to assist in mitigating the issue in a medic slot because they haven't actually been given time to learn the mechanics behind the medic role. 

That being said, I can understand your frustration. A better solution to this issue would be to direct new players to our guides on the forums (here) or giving them 5 minutes of your time in-game to help them understand the responsibilities and mechanics of the role. @xx_zero_xx_alpha_xx

I've actually reiterated this to veterans on multiple occasions that spending some time with those new players could be beneficial. Theirs one new player who's name is bigdog. I noticed him struggling and getting told to fk off and all the other bullshit one night, I spent 30 mins with him going over mechanics and so forth and he is now a regular player who I regularly see on the front line. It's proof that taking that time can be beneficial server wide. Just one prime example.

• Like 1
    • Clap 1

webbie    186
    16 minutes ago, pkisbest said:

I think it should be the I&A helpers for that should be doing the teaching @Big Kev :P.

@pkisbest has been banned from the server for 4000 years

• Angry 1

webbie    186

Also this is why we have admins and mods if you just type admin and the reason or problem in side chat we will help. Yes I know that's not always practical but it's rare that one of us won't respond. Not refuting your idea just pointing out that theirs not really a reason we can't help it's what we are their for.

webbie    186

We'll stop being a troll and actually help. Trolls get 0 respect from me. Humorous banter is fine but that lines been crossed too many times for me.