webbie

Community Zeus Expression of Interest

webbie    186

Please write up a post and any details for your proposed mission below.

This will be handled on a first come first served basis.

Other Details:

Community Zeus will run as follows:

• The Mission will be run by the a Community Zeus and either @OrionSync or @webbie.
  • We will act as moderators and be their to support you with answers.
  • Community Zeus's will have the ability to design their own missions in the editor but only mission objects such as FOB's, Bases, etc. will be permitted. This will allow community members to become more involved in the mission making process.
  • This must be done 2-3 days before the event with no exceptions.
  • We expect Community Zeus's to be highly communicable and understand that your role is to create a mission flow and not get bogged down in on the ground activities.
  • Community Zeus Selection will be at @webbie discretion.

From here on out all missions are to be designated in an I and A style meaning the objectives are to be achievable by anyone regardless of if they are Rambos or Squad Members and any suggestions https://strayagaming.com/topic/21446-suggestions-for-i-a-weekly-missions/ will be altered to suit this methodology.

Edited by webbie
  • Like 2

• Snohman    52

Sound like this could be fun, I'm definatly interested in giving it a go of being a Zeus if the chance came up. couple of questions:

•  Are we able to provide scenario's with Mod's. is there a list you could state which mod's are open for support ? ones which come to mind are;
    • iron front (WWII)
    • operation trebuchet (halo)
    • there is only war (WH 40K)
    • RHS
    • CUP (ie; CUP terrains such as Chernarus)
    • TFR
    • archillies / ares
    • Are there any issues with running the forces as OPFOR / Independent rather than Nato?
    • Are there any issues if we made it a compeditive PvPvE  type mission?
    • If designing our own map, whats the best way to share it for review? / are there any local checks we can do when drafting to make sure the scenario isn't cripplingly slow to the server with assets (dynamic simulation settings / ect..)

webbie    186
    1 hour ago, Snohman said:

Sound like this could be fun, I'm definatly interested in giving it a go of being a Zeus if the chance came up. couple of questions:

•  Are we able to provide scenario's with Mod's. is there a list you could state which mod's are open for support ? ones which come to mind are;
    • iron front (WWII)
    • operation trebuchet (halo)
    • there is only war (WH 40K)
    • RHS
    • CUP (ie; CUP terrains such as Chernarus)
    • TFR
    • archillies / ares
    • Are there any issues with running the forces as OPFOR / Independent rather than Nato?
    • Are there any issues if we made it a compeditive PvPvE  type mission?
    • If designing our own map, whats the best way to share it for review? / are there any local checks we can do when drafting to make sure the scenario isn't cripplingly slow to the server with assets (dynamic simulation settings / ect..)

Good questions.

At this stage no other mods other than the RHS USAF will be used mainly because not everyones internet is great but once a few have it it will be less of an issue but we will get slowly on that one. 

I will confirm though that radio mods will never happen. I've done it with large groups before and it's too much of a headache.

Achilles is currently in use.

Maps is a maybe at this stage and largely depends  on their DL size.

No issue with using alternative sides but will need to be sorted well in advance of mission day.

As this is I and A's event server I would rather keep it to PvE however straya's is going to be running regular community PvP amongst the servers.

Only base assets  and objects are to be placed for missions and the mission.sqm can be provided to us. A template is being used that will have all the basic elements already included, it will be no more than a copy and paste on our end. All objectives and scenario elements are to be done on the fly in Zeus.

Edited by webbie

Corporal Kerry    141

RHSAFRF would be one to add, if we had that, we could add different enemies. CSAT are too armoured to fight fairly with an M16 or M4.

RHSAFRF has the rhs_faction_insurgents faction, which would be a good alternative to boring CSAT. although the OPF_G_F faction is underused.

• Weary 1