• Wiskey

A Couple of suggestions

• luke_    145
    On 4/6/2019 at 2:03 PM, Wiskey said:

I also think rebels should have access to the strider

Most likely a unpopular idea but one I could see working. Striders would be okay as a cheaper alternative to ifrits considering that ifrits without the doors opening and better than striders.

• Like 3

Uncle Toby    66

Really like the civ events idea, not sure about the whole Sydney cop thing because Sydney is the main city, and the whole idea around it that is ment to be the highest police presence but otherwise.

1+ To Civ Events.
    1+ Striders

• Like 1

Chris Shaw    98
    On 4/6/2019 at 12:03 PM, Wiskey said:

, also a cooldown should be placed on each capture point/drug are raided.

-1, would kill whatever little action we already see with cops and the more advanced tier rebels outside of banks/feds.

• Like 3

Wiskey    14
    6 hours ago, Uncle Toby said:

Really like the civ events idea, not sure about the whole Sydney cop thing because Sydney is the main city, and the whole idea around it that is ment to be the highest police presence but otherwise.

1+ To Civ Events.
    1+ Striders

Fair enough, I do only get one side of it as I do mainly play civ/ paramedic. I do agree that Sydney should have the highest police presence, I just think that the police force should be spread around to other cities some more.

J-dog    13
    On 4/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, Wiskey said:

access to the strider unarmed

Had them pre wipe but the meta was shit, caused so many issues, idk could work but yeah 

Goatlicious    38
    14 hours ago, J-dog said:

Had them pre wipe but the meta was shit, caused so many issues, idk could work but yeah 

Striders are a lot more counter-able than ifrits. 

burto    9

The more events the better, and with less numbers. Untill the server hits 30civs there often isnt anything to do, or any events to drag people together for any combat. 

Events just outside of syd could be really fun with full rebels taking hostages etc when civs are baited out,

but could also be just horrible with people getting absolutely smacked holding a rhook getting gatted by mk1’s (or mk1s getting tapped by a rhook lol)

love to try it and see how it plays out though!

hugot    32

yeah same with me the cargo thing sounds awesome their should be more activities civs can do !

izac    7

+To strider

+civ events

could be good for the server to have more activities for civs to do could bring and keep players that dont straight away become rebels

• Like 1

UNO`    68
    On 4/6/2019 at 2:03 PM, Wiskey said:

police presence is quite high, in order to ensure that it doesn't create a one-sided experience I think the police protocols should be changed in order to force police out of Sydney and into other cities

Bit of a late reply but as the server is setup that sydney is the main city so it should have the highest police presence, and if you force half of the GD cops into Melbourne or Brisbane (mainly Brisbane) it will be not very entertaining for them as only a few random civilians stop by at a time. However I like the idea for server content civ side. 

+1

Wiskey    14

I Was gonna make a new post for suggestions but as UNO posted I'll just post this here 

Rule changes are needed and I have contacted senior staff about these breaches/grey zones many times I figured I'd post it here so the community could add to the grey zones

2 - Fail Role-Play (Fail RP)

-- Needs to be updated to reflect side chat, and rules to govern side chat's use, E.G Can I sell shit inside chat or is it failRP, If so can I speak while dead inside chat? 

4 - Value Life Rule (VLR) 

-- A definition is required "risk of death far outweighs the odds of surviving" e.g 3v1 or 2v1 as it's just not clear enough 

5 - Declarations

-- you should dec on the person you are going to engage, as at this point people in the safe zone/dead can be decked and the gang members can be killed

7 - Vehicle Death Match (VDM)

-- It is technically okay to VDM someone in a car if you are fleeing, the current consensus among mods is against this.

8 - Safe Zones

-- Police are breaking the rules when they bring suspects into PD, mods refused to punish offenders for doing this. Either the rules need to change or the mods need to learn how to read and enforce rules.

10 - Hostage Rules

-- it is possible to keep a hostage from 3:05 pm AU to 3:00 the next day as no time limit on hostages.

Also bounties, I personally think bounties on the same charge should not stack E.G: 2 manslaughters is a 70K Bounty instead of 140k. Police aren't supposed to value money more than RP so this shouldn't be too bad. I also think it's ludicrous that a police officer could get 500k - Mil for killing someone of 1 - 2 mil for arresting someone. I'd like for someone to post a time that ludicrously large bounties have honestly added to roleplay more than it's removed. I think a lot of civs have had the experience of being decced for doing something small and getting taken back and the processing officer say " oh look at that you're wanted for 500k". It feels cheap and shit. 

Thank's for the time, PS Read the rules before debating them. I've dealt with a lot of people who didn't and think they did so please do, it will make everyone's life easier if we all read the rules

• Like 1
    • feelsretardedman 1
    • Dislike 1

luke_    145
    8 hours ago, Wiskey said:

Police are breaking the rules when they bring suspects into PD, mods refused to punish offenders for doing this. Either the rules need to change or the mods need to learn how to read and enforce rules.

We really aren't. Pd is a blue safe zone we are allowed to go there if we are in Dec. 

luke_    145
    8 hours ago, Wiskey said:

Also bounties, I personally think bounties on the same charge should not stack E.G: 2 manslaughters is a 70K Bounty instead of 140k. 

Dumb idea. Making money on cop has already been nerfed hard to the point where you can't sustain yourself by only playing cop. 

Randall    55
    7 hours ago, luke_ said:

Dumb idea. Making money on cop has already been nerfed hard to the point where you can't sustain yourself by only playing cop. 

Just to clarify, this probably comes down to some division members that do little to no GD and only operations. (there's quite a few I imagine who have this problem). It is definitely very easy to make much more money than you require on GD. Most of the guys Divisions are dealing with would have charges well into the hundreds of thousands which even when split up would be enough but i'd say there is much less focus on arresting than there is killing (and some of the time not an option).

This is just my personal opinion observing the cop force as a whole as a GD member, the large majority of them are only ever doing things with their division.

luke_    145
    2 minutes ago, Randall said:

Just to clarify, this probably comes down to some division members that do little to no GD and only operations. (there's quite a few I imagine who have this problem). It is definitely very easy to make much more money than you require on GD. Most of the guys Divisions are dealing with would have charges well into the hundreds of thousands which even when split up would be enough but i'd say there is much less focus on arresting than there is killing (and some of the time not an option).

This is just my personal opinion observing the cop force as a whole as a GD member, the large majority of them are only ever doing things with their division.

99% it's suicide to try tase/restrain a rebel. Our gear is a lot more expensive than GD gears set. If I want a mk1 kit with an ifrit it will cost me 500-600k. Also most of the time the bounties we get aren't that big, the people with big bounties are either in sydney or don't fight.

Randall    55
    14 minutes ago, luke_ said:

99% it's suicide to try tase/restrain a rebel. Our gear is a lot more expensive than GD gears set. If I want a mk1 kit with an ifrit it will cost me 500-600k. Also most of the time the bounties we get aren't that big, the people with big bounties are either in sydney or don't fight.

Naturally. i'd say SRT is more akin to military police than regular police because you're always chasing gangs with heavy weapons/gear/vehicles and as you said, there's no bounties unless you let the rest of SRT die and then get the kill.

And of course, a 350k ifrit is a hit but more often than not you won't lose that. 

With this being said, being in SRT does not exclude them from GD, they just choose not to.

Edited by Randall
    • Like 1

UNO`    68
    13 minutes ago, Randall said:

the large majority of them are only ever doing things with their division.

divisions are largely based on the operations we do so we are doing shit as a team 99% of the time that's why you see us only doing stuff with our division. 

16 hours ago, Wiskey said:

10 - Hostage Rules

-- it is possible to keep a hostage from 3:05 pm AU to 3:00 the next day as no time limit on hostages.

2.6.1 Don’t be a dick. (Don't do anything which could be seen as purposely annoying or interfering with the Roleplay of others. Things like baiting police, destroying vehicles and targeting certain people). If you literally want to keep someone restrained for almost 12 hours you're just being a major dick.

4 - Value Life Rule (VLR) 

-- A definition is required "risk of death far outweighs the odds of surviving" e.g 3v1 or 2v1 as it's just not clear enough 

As far as I've seen over the two and a bit years I've been on the server this rule doesn't come into play very often and its more up to the mods discretion on the issue, so yes I agree it needs a proper definition.

2 - Fail Role-Play (Fail RP)

-- Needs to be updated to reflect side chat, and rules to govern side chat's use, E.G Can I sell shit inside chat or is it failRP, If so can I speak while dead inside chat? 

Side chat does not reflect RP as far as I've been told so you can say anything that isn't metagaming which includes while your dead.

Randall    55
    6 minutes ago, UNO` said:

divisions are largely based on the operations we do so we are doing shit as a team 99% of the time that's why you see us only doing stuff with our division. 

Of course, i'm referring to people who log on to do operations and log off when they're done, there's quite a divide between divisions and GD. This is exacerbated by the ranking structure for Divisions members, my understanding is the Director of the division controls their rank. What benefit does an SRT member currently get from going on GD in regards to their rank and division?

Wiskey    14

5 minutes ago, UNO` said:

Side chat does not reflect RP as far as I've been told so you can say anything that isn't metagaming which includes while your dead.

Side chat does have RP in it, but also OOC. It needs to be defined.

8 hours ago, luke_ said:

We really aren't. Pd is a blue safe zone we are allowed to go there if we are in Dec. 

The rules contradict themselves here. 

8.2 When in an active declaration you can not flee to a safe zone. Police can arrest people from within safe zones.

8.2.1 Cop v Rebel declarations are called off when all members of either party reach to their safe zone (PD or Rebel outposts).

8.2.4 Police may return to Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney PDs during a bank only for the purpose of escalation and will not call off their declaration in doing this. Only in this case are they exempt from rule 8.2.3.

Are all of the relevant rules. Not one allows a single police officer to flee into a safe zone. You can think this but I've been through this in helpdesk multiple times. Mods refuse to punish for this rule breach tho ;(. 

UNO`    68
    6 minutes ago, Randall said:

What benefit does an SRT member currently get from going on GD in regards to their rank and division?

We have an option to go on SRT GD so we are expected to go on GD thats why we have the role. I am unsure of the specifics but I believe your rank is chosen because of how you apply yourself and act in all areas of cop, where as in the division you have specialty roles and they are chosen off of your interests in game and how you act in the division. So GD does actually play a big role in SRT, so I don't think its wise calling us out for supposedly choosing not to do GD. end of.

Randall    55
    13 minutes ago, UNO` said:

We have an option to go on SRT GD so we are expected to go on GD thats why we have the role. I am unsure of the specifics but I believe your rank is chosen because of how you apply yourself and act in all areas of cop, where as in the division you have specialty roles and they are chosen off of your interests in game and how you act in the division. So GD does actually play a big role in SRT, so I don't think its wise calling us out for supposedly choosing not to do GD. end of.

As I said this is more to do with the setup of the divisions than the people.

There are plenty of SRT that do GD, i'm not saying nobody does. I'm just saying if there's no benefit to it why would they? Why not do all the cool things that SRT was made to do?

You won't see it if you're in the division, but trust me, I am not the only one that notices or comments on the divide between divisions and GD.

Edited by Randall

bonked    41
    13 hours ago, luke_ said:

Just arrest 2square? He sits in Sydney every day. He's given gd half their money. 

Edited by bonked
    • Wesmart 1
    • nothanks 1

2Square    71
    1 hour ago, bonked said:

Just arrest 2square? He sits in Sydney every day. He's given gd half their money. 

im good, thanks anyway

• lul 1
    • <3 1