Guardian

14 April Operation Sledgehammer

Should we use RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation Mod?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guardian    45

Server Start Time:

5pm AEDT (Server time)/7pm NZT

Mission Start Time:

5:30pm AEDT (Server time)/ 7:30pm NZT

StrayaGaming I and A Event Server (search "straya" to find the server, which will be active 30 minutes before the operation commences).

Password:

straya

Situation:

Community Zeus: @Guardian, Using Snohman’s Op Hammertime as an idea template.

The Russian 10th Armoured Brigade has deployed in to the east of Altis. They have established several outposts to maintain control of the area, while the US Army desperately repels their offensive east of the main airfield. They have several successive lines of defense along the peninsula, and their naval presence east of the island has ruled out an eastward assault.

In order to break the deadlock, Task Force Straya has been tasked with conducting an amphibious landing in the North East of Altis, and advancing south with an armoured spearhead to drive into the enemy base of operations.

Mission:

Task Force Straya is to complete the following objectives:

1.    Clear the Molos Airbase

2.    Break the Sofia Defensive Line

3.    Destroy the Delfinaki Outpost

4.    Break the Ioannina Defensive Line

5.    Destroy the enemy’s main base

6.     Find and kill the enemy commander

Execution

This operation will be conducted in a free-reign manner. Personnel are free to attack the objectives individually if they wish. 

However, group management will be as per standard I&A, therefore grouping up and teamwork is highly encouraged. Intentionally interfering with other teams’ plans will not be tolerated.

Control Measures:

Respawn markers will follow the unit forward at certain undefined points

Logistics:

Dress: NATO.

Equipment: Individual preference.

Weapons: Individual Preference in accordance with the above.

Vehicles: M1 Abrams and other US/NATO Tanks will be provided upon landing.

Mods:

RHS USAF AND RHS AFRF (Russians) will be required

Blastcore and JSRS Sound Mod are optional

Timing:

Group on the I&A Events Server this Sunday 14 April at 5pm AEDT/7pm NZDT for a 5:30pm AEDT/7:30pm NZDT start time. Late entries are acceptable - just tie in with a group or fight your way into the fight.

Feel free to message @Guardian at any time on discord or in the forums for more info. This thread will be updated with more info for the mission in due course. 

May the Force be with you all.

We have decided to use the RHS AFRF Modset for this mission. This is available here: http://www.rhsmods.org/

These missions are for you, and we can make what you want to see! We will be seeking feedback on how this went from your perspective in order to make it better in the future.

More details will be updated in the coming days.

Edited by Guardian
  • Like 2
  • <3 1

• Guardian    45

See OP Edited with Mission Details. We've listened to the discord and forum polls. If you're not happy with it, make sure you have your say next time!

Humaine    131

Well done Snohman, that was a great op. ?

Pity i didn't record it. ?

I enjoyed doing support, recon and ground pounding with @Jayb , @bonob and the others.

Although some complained ? about not having the support, I didn't know that ammo could be loaded from the APCs and that was their function till later in the game. (Doh!) But anyway they should have made a request for the apcs to be in a position to do this, before moving. ?

But other then that, It was a great op. I would like another one of these tank missions, and I'll run support again. ?

Edited by Humaine
    Usernames
    • Like 1

Adz 235    1

Overall good job snohman

With regards to the static position for tanks it may be better to place the tanks down before the start but with no crew then place crew in them as needed. Me and persona found tank spawning in and teleporting while we were perch on hills. If their is friendly infantry pushing into town perhaps give them armored vehicles that aren't also the tanks support vehicles.

• Like 1

Snohman    52

glad everyone enjoyed it.

we were stressing the server pretty hard with the number of units down , due to the spread out nature of everyone being in relativly fast moving vehicles. i was trying to spawn items in at about 5km out and have them drive towards the oncoming front, but hd to stop as they would all favour a road and i saw at least once where all of a sudden 5 tanks would show up right next to a player and i would have to spread them out to make sure everyone wasn't wiped out at once.

my bad for not putting enough emphasis on the APC ammo carriers for the re-arming. we were originanlly going to put down a bobcat, but we wanted you all to have to secure the fuel site to get more fuel. that said i dont think the fuel scarcity even effected the OP at all.

anyway, stay tuned for the next event, if you have any ideads, throw them down in the forum

Adz 235    1
    On 4/19/2019 at 2:05 PM, Snohman said:

but hd to stop as they would all favour a road and i saw at least once where all of a sudden 5 tanks would show up right next to a player and i would have to spread them out to make sure everyone wasn't wiped out at once. 

With regards to the bunching up of enemy vehicles this can occur due to the squad/group dynamic as they will follow formations if under the leadership of another vehicle and well arma's stellar ai will do the rest... This can be resolved by ungrouping the vehicles, holding down LCTRL + LMOUSE Button after selecting the individual vehicles in the group then releasing the LMouse Button in an area without ai/vehicles will allow you to unbound the group allowing the zeus to give vehicles individual orders thus providing more control over their positioning

Edited by Adz 235