Fubez

Tokens for AI kills

Fubez    11

the problem is that only a select few have accesss to the high end vehicles and use said vehicles against players that simply do not have a chance to gain access to them. also 20 tokens to gain 1 additional garage slot for your stored vehicles. there is no need to encourage pvp on the server as it is always going to be full pvp except on the late night/early morning money making sessions. when more then 3-4 are online it usually turns to pvp pretty quick. Granting token rewards for 100 AI kills will give the less elite pvpers something to strive towards besides getting owned by a 'top player' in his wipeout. but as I replied to invictiis, the elite little group can have all the toys and give the common man nothing to play with. GG

• LameSlayer    8

Yes, 100 AI per token

That's my short reply, the long one follows.

100 AI kills would be my figure we're it up to me any less would be too cheap. 50 would be absolutely minimum to me. 

Very few players get tokens regularly. There are the top handful of players that are capable of getting multiple tokens per session but they are the exception.

Players normally would die 5-10 times trying to get a token that way. Althoug it is possible to get a 100 AI kill-streak that's rare. 

The capture money is where I saw people collecting easy money in the past, not from missions. Late night or early morning, with every player teamed up. That was and is the cash farming method people use. 

I was about the only person to support the admin trying to change things up and posted my first post to say as much when territory money was halted. It was very unpopular and I think in hindsight, better to re-implement.  

There is risk involved in missions and that leads to deaths, both from the AI and players camping the mission. It's rare to see many players get 100 AI per session. Probably less common than 10 player kills. The same players that get 20+ kills per session rarely get many AI kills for instance. It's hard to do both missions and pvp simultaneously. 

While the high power vehicles that tokens buy are fun, they aren't magical.

I think that missions should be a major part of wasteland, as a method of obtaining cash, weapons and vehicles, rather than buying everything with territory money. Buying a tank is easy. Being first to a mission and capturing it, on a busy server is risky. Chances are a player is camping it unless you are fast.  

I've been meaning to post about the token system for a while, I've spoken in game to Jereleet plenty, but not till now posted.  

It's an effective way to stop spamming of fully loaded jets, but some of the implementation is flawed.

Specifically.

- A Slammer UP costs $100k or $70k plus four tokens. 

-A T140 is 100k or 100k plus tokens.

To me the tokens should give a big discount for buying tanks. 

I'm out of town and don't have the prices at hand so I won't try to recall all the peculiarities. There are more. 

The manned jet token prices are sensible. After all they are so vulnerable when rearming.  

Regards,

LameSlayer, aka James

• <3 1

Cheesus    1

You are right Fubez but it goes both ways, I Get that it sucks for new players to have to grind a little to get tokens, but i think the server is worse when there are loads of OP Vehicles going around. we are trying to stop the good players from getting the high end Vehicles. This is pointless arguing because both sides are correct but this is the only way to reduce OP Vehicle Spam by good players. New players shouldn't be aiming for these Vehicles anyway. There are plenty of non token Vehicles you can use to counter the OP ones. 

Fubez    11

All I see is these so called 'good players' spamming wipeouts every night against newbs at gunstores lol it is not fun for them and after the 5th or 6th death they log off. pretty obvious the direction of the server id headed. One group of players has all the toys and so happens to be a crew full of the admins. Funny I see 6 jets fly off the carrier but never one HVT on the map. yeah I know everyone has them in their garages right? a new player on the server gets killed over and over by these OP jet spammers until he/she rage quits never to return. This is the only Australian wasteland server and personally I don't want to see it die. Its all good tho the big boys can have their toys and force everyone else over to the ****ed up US servers.

Edited by Fubez

AidanC    105

Sorry to revive an old topic;

50 AI kills now provide tokens. Is this a feature that players are finding beneficial? are there further tweaks to be considered? is it an appropriate amount of AI kills per token?

Would love to see some community input for this.

Lupus Reaper    37
    On 5/16/2020 at 8:43 PM, AidanC said:

50 AI kills now provide tokens. Is this a feature that players are finding beneficial? are there further tweaks to be considered? is it an appropriate amount of AI kills per token?

Yes, I have gained tokens from this and I quiet like it.

From the small amount I have played I think 50 AI kills maybe a little to easy to receive a token as you can get 15-20 AI kills just from a HVT AI mission and that in itself is very easy. I think 100 maybe a little excessive but 75 AI kills maybe a happy in between?

Edited by Lupus Reaper
    Fix
    • <3 2

Neanp    21

Yikes, this sucks. Get good 😄 

Honestly, yall be complaining about new players struggling to get stuff because top players waste A-10's on them... well, there's always ways around them. Like, us "Big Boys" have done it many times, just gotta know what your doing @Fubez

Edited by Neanp