Fubez

Tokens for AI kills

Fubez    11

I think that tokens should be awarded for AI kills along with player kills. However the number of AI kills needed for a token should be higher of course. lets say 10 player kills for 1 token then make it 50 AI kills per token

• Like 2

• Invictiis    214

The entire existence of the token system was to encourage PVP, as people who farmed ai missions had money to buy literally everything providing no reason for players to fight eachother. You’ll notice the server of 5-8pop being entirely opfor or  blufor to purely farm, which is the opposite of what wasteland is meant to be. Its a great idea but i dont think it would suit the direction of the WL server.

• Like 1
    • Dislike 1

Fubez    11

What’s the difference of 5 people farming money as a group early mornings compared to getting a little bonus for mass AI killing? People can pair off on Indy and farm tokens with each other. But there is a player base That like to do missions and with the current server pop which reaches about 25 people max at peak hour there is hardly opportunity to get enough tokens to get anything of value. Eg extra veichle storage. It’s not like the old days where there was groups of 10-15 holding Rogan and you could rack up 90-100 kills in a sitting. 

• Like 2

Neanp    21

The difference of farming tokens on AI and farming tokens on players are different, farming tokens on AI allows the player to gather tokens at a higher rate causing them to buy a lot more high end vehicles, which are not meant to be  easy to achieve. Killing players to gather tokens is a much better method as it encourages you to have more fun in killing characters than could easily counter your attack. (AI stand and look at you until they get shot at)

Although this seems like a good idea, it will cause the player to engage the AI, instead of the actual players that are wanting to have PVP.  So, if you were looking for my opinion it will be  -1.

Edited by Neanp
    • Dislike 1

Fubez    11

Tokens are not hard to get. If you want to farm tokens then just pair up with a friend and kill each other over and over. This is a way for other players that like doing missions to get some high end gear. If you are worried about it being to easy then make it 1 token per 100 AI kills. Highest amount of kills I have seen anyone get in a sitting these days if 30-40 and that is only 1 person. the server population which caps at like 25 at peak hour does not cater for the current token system so I am not sure why all of you admins and mods are fighting it? Have the current 1 token per 10 player kills but add 1 token per 100 AI kills which is quite difficult to achieve, and some dedicated players would get maybe 2-3 tokens per night of hard mission farming.

• Like 2

Invictiis    214

Firstly, token farming by killing eachother is against the rules & anyone caught will be warned then banned as they are metagaming in order to boost their token count. It’s clearly evident in logs.

Secondly, the introduction of ai tokens even if it were 100 ai kills would encourage farming. We want people to complete missions, not exclusively kill ai, ‘invade & annex’ exists for that. Token vehicles are high-end premium vehicles which are earned through PVP for PVP, they’re not in any way required to get kills.

Earn tokens by killing enemy players. Its that simple and its honestly quite easy. Tokens are long-term goal for WL players, everyone will earn them at different rates. There is no need for alternative means of token revenue.

• Dislike 1

Fubez    11

how is it metagaming to kill your friend? when there is 2 people online and you face off in friendly skirmishes? also it is not listed that it is against any rules to run friendly skirmishes. My current argument is that your player base population is not high enough to earn tokens in the current system. also a large part of your current player base like to do missions when it is quiet... when acertain number log in they split up and do pvp. there is no lack of pvp in the server and it would not decrease if Tokens for AI kills were introduced. Also it would benefit strict pvpers as when pvp is on there is a stalemate situation when you can go for 30 minutes without finding anyone because everyone is hiding in buildings trying to spot each other with uavs.  it would give people motivation to out and do missions when there is a higher number of people online to take the risk of being found. Can I ask why are you so against the idea? It would do nothing but benefit the current player base aswell as possibly giving more players motivation to stay on the server. I have heard talks of a lot of players planning to leave for other servers because a certain exclusive group that plays on the server in which I will not name names. but it will cause this exclusive group to do nothing but play with themselves and watch the server die more than it is already. I appreciate your input on this matter invictiis but I would like to hear James's opinion on the matter.

• Like 2

Neanp    21

It's not metagaming to kill your friend, but if they are not in the same group or team, then it is considered metagaming. But as invictiis has stated already that is a ban-able offence. If you see the amount of kills the top players normally get per restart, you will notice they make around 4-5 maybe in 7 a day. The chances that we will be adding the 1 token for every 100 AI is basically near to nothing.I would like other suggestions on how we can encourage players to hide in buildings less.  Also James is community manager, not wasteland manager, yes he has an opinion, but it's up to nunny, me, jereleet, invictiis and jay to decide whether we are going to add it or not, and if we are going to add it will it harm future player-base. Yes i agree, the server looks like it is dying, but we are coming up with bigger and better updates trying to take it back to how it was before where people actually enjoyed their time on the server.

• Like 1
    • Dislike 1

Fubez    11

the 'top' players do not make anywhere near 7 tokens per day lol and it's only this 'exclusive' group that is full of you admins who are questionable at times who are killing the server. you have not introduced any new content or even run events in the longest time. To brush this topic off like it is absurd is quite disheartening. it is NOT metagaming to have a friendly skirmish with someone and there is no means for you to say it is. if you are in discord with said person then yes I see how it could be, but if you use the ingame direct voice coms to set up such an arrangement there is no means of metagaming and thus not against any rule of the server.  

• Like 1

Neanp    21

First of all, We did like 5 events this week, 2. We do not abuse or anything in that 3. The top ten always has 10+ kills. We haven't introduced any content as our head admin is on holidays and has the update files, Please be patience. Another reason why it is hard for me and invictiis to-do events is because we spend our own tokens on the server, not on ourselves.might sometimes spend it on ourselves but that's because some of us want to have fun. Please do not accuse us of hacking or abusing.

Edited by Neanp
    • Like 1
    • Dislike 1

Invictiis    214

The top players make more than 7 tokens a day, I personally make ~ 8-10 per day. The exclusive group you speak of is a group of friends who have played on the server for a long time & know the Wasteland tactics well. Over time some of us have become staff and we definitely do not abuse our powers. To say we do without any definitive incidents & evidence is slander against community staff. 

You speak of friendly skirmish but their isn't any way admins can distinguish the difference between friends meta-gaming to farm tokens and 'friendly skirmishes'. We cannot knw if your in a discord or not but we can see whenever two people on opposing teams or on indi have been consistently trading kills which indicates abuse of token system.

• Clap 1
    • Dislike 1

Fubez    11

ok well this seems to be a battle I will not win so I will just end it here. This was a way for the newer players on the server to have a goal that is achievable. to get some extra storage for vehicles or maybe get that jet they have wanted for a long time without playing for a month to get it.

• Like 1

Angel    4

My 2 valuable cents is I agree with Fubez. Any player willing to farm 100 AI kills deserves a token.  Why are we being so tight with tokens ?  If you want to buy a high end vehicle for 2 seconds before someone blows you up with their Verona then good on you least you are one of the few who actually uses your tokens.

New players do not find it easy to get 10 kills in a game, you only need to look at the scoreboards to know this, your average player is getting 1 token a game maybe 2. That is if they last long enough on the server before rage quitting because they are constantly getting annihilated. ( probably another discussion)

If people are farming then good on them, there really isn't much PVP worth if there is only 5 of you on a server. 

We are all waiting with bated breath to hear about the "direction" of the Wasteland server.......

Anyway good suggestion Fubez good to see someone is looking out for the newbs ? 

• Like 1
    • Wesmart 1
    • Seems Good 1

Cheesus    1

The idea of the tokens is to reduce the amount of OP vehicle spam killing all the new people to the server. I think its done a pretty good job so far of bringing the server back to life over the last month or so. 30-40 people on every night for the last couple weeks is pretty good considering how dead the server has been over recent months.

• Like 1

Angel    4

I do not believe tokens are the result of the server coming back to life. The map change and reduction of vehicle prices was more of an impact.  I would be interested to see the stats on the current individuals who farm money and what their AI kill count per session is as this would be indicative of how many tokens they would gain from doing this. 

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the core argument that players would farm tokens and not engage in PVP allowing them faster access to token vehicles.

Is the gain by allowing 1 token for 100 AI kills actually significant enough to warrant such opposition ? Does it actually discourage PVP? 

I'm not convinced. However am interested in any stats you have that show otherwise.

Fubez    11

Highest AI kill count in 1 sitting I have seen so far is around 300. That was going pretty hard for near a whole restart. So the grind like that to gain 3 tokens is warranted I feel. You can cap your bank rather easily, it feels that the ‘top’ players are a little egotistical and do not want newer players to get access to end game content. I know these guys see me as one of these newbs lol no I don’t average 8-10 tokens per day but I do get 4-5. I usually run solo if I’m on Indy or team up on red with randoms. So I can’t sit on the carrier with Tigris and rhinos with my mates lasering targets for me. I also don’t go for ‘easy kills’ so to speak as when the ‘top players’ get on I find it a good challenge to hunt them instead of flying around in a jet bombing the newbs. But each to their own. Obviously this suggestion is being thrown aside and will never become to pass so let’s just keep grinding and having our little wats between each other. 

Fubez    11
    7 hours ago, Cheesus said:

The idea of the tokens is to reduce the amount of OP vehicle spam killing all the new people to the server. I think its done a pretty good job so far of bringing the server back to life over the last month or so. 30-40 people on every night for the last couple weeks is pretty good considering how dead the server has been over recent months.

I think you are over estimating how many people get on everyday haha I have not seen 40 people on the server since before I come back to the server. The only OP vehicles that are on the server belong to the big boys yes but let’s say there is a little newb that wants a wipeout to fly around in. He grinds for 3 days to get the tokens and money required and he is so happy. He takes off from the airfield only to be shot down in 2 minutes by a Tigris on a heavy money or someone with a titan. His grind has been destroyed in minutes and he rage quits and does not return to the server. These end game vehicles are not invincible and should be more easily accessed by newer or let’s say ‘less skilled in pvp’ types of players

Neanp    21

Well, currently the poll is leaning towards 10 kills for 1 token and if i'm not wrong, it will continue to go in that direction. The chances that we will be adding this feature is rare, we will be adding other stuff, but we will not modify this. You said a noob grinds for 3 days, that should surely get more than enough tokens to buy him a A10 as it only costs 5 tokens, and if that noob was to save up for a longer time, that noob will have more than enough tokens. If saving tokens are such a problem, we can suspend access to buying token vehicles until we decide to unlock it.

Edited by Neanp

Fubez    11

The only reason it is leaning that way is because no one votes on shit besides your little group. Lol my last post referred to a new player who is lucky to get 10 kills per sitting because he gets smashed every time he goes to a gun store. I don’t think you could understand and it’s useless arguing a point toward deaf ears. Your group are the admins so do what you want but eventually it will be only your group on the server bullying fresh spawns on their first day on the server because there is not enough reward for the little guys.

Invictiis    214

If these noobs cant get more than 10 player kills per sitting, how are those noobs meant to kill entire money shipments full of aimbot ai with tanks and armed vehicles? People are way easier than shipments, they have worse aim and zero spacial awareness. I&a is where you kill AI, you come to wasteland to kill bots. Unless theres a new way to give new players experience, we can only ensure they don’t die excessively to waves of OP vehicles, hence PVP tokens.

Edited by Invictiis
    • Feels Bad Man 1

Fubez    11

money shipments are quite easy and I guess it depends on who you are killing  if it is easy or not. its fine though, you can keep it so only a select few can afford the OP vehicles and have the advantage over the common man.

Nunny    81

The Token system was added to encourage more PvP combat and also to help reduce High-End Vehicle spam all day. I still think that it should be kept to just player kills as killing AI for them would be too easy.