Jump to content
2Square

fix straya: msg to straya devs and admins (knockout round)

Recommended Posts

Havoxa    80

Alot needs to change. I have gotten sick of the server as of late and it is hard to compare to other avenues of roleplay servers with Darkside and even fiveM taking alot of attention away from Arma 3. I think we need a new set of eyes dedicated to changing the server. and a development team who can get up dates and fixes out regularly. Not saying that it is an easy job but it needs to change if we want more the a peak of 11 people which happen today (18/05/19). Just food for thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 minutes ago, Havoxa said:

    Alot needs to change. I have gotten sick of the server as of late and it is hard to compare to other avenues of roleplay servers with Darkside and even fiveM taking alot of attention away from Arma 3. I think we need a new set of eyes dedicated to changing the server. and a development team who can get up dates and fixes out regularly. Not saying that it is an easy job but it needs to change if we want more the a peak of 11 people which happen today (18/05/19). Just food for thought.

    Agreed this is something that they cannot turn a blind eye too now that it has everyone speaking, Maybe Management or Community Manager response to this would be helpful.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chadd    927

    We are trying 😭. I'am Also open to new map ideas HMU on discord or team-speak and ill take a look.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Skyfise    281
    9 hours ago, Uncle Toby said:

    You ever played Darkside? yeah go have a look at their gas and knockdowns.

    That's true, however their tasers actually require some  shots  to takedown, not a 1 tap :Kappa:

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    .Scorpion    113
    9 hours ago, superwog381 said:

    you must have been critically injured by china with his fail decs and rdm's for you to say this

    I don't think I've ever been on the receiving end of his wrath.

    • <3 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    China    122
    10 hours ago, superwog381 said:

    facts but dont let china in he will rdm and fail dec

    k, you seem to be so adamant that I fail dec and rdm constantly... why haven't I been banned yet? 

    "imagine using tear gas and knock downs while at bank not Rp'ing anything @iwasmadeinchina 

    I don't even have access to tear gas smh, nor have I ever used knockdowns at a bank... 😞 

    @superwog381. stop trying to call me out for this stupid shit. you look like an idiot. 

    Edited by bonked

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    make it so that the new players spwan in with enough money to buy  afew load out and a rebel licence and a heli to get started

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Paulb    36
    2 hours ago, bonked said:

    k, you seem to be so adamant that I fail dec and rdm constantly... why haven't I been banned yet? 

    "imagine using tear gas and knock downs while at bank not Rp'ing anything @iwasmadeinchina 

    I don't even have access to tear gas smh, nor have I ever used knockdowns at a bank... 😞 

    @superwog381. stop trying to call me out for this stupid shit. you look like an idiot. 

    @bonked you're bad

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Jewbacca    425
    6 minutes ago, Connor McGregor said:

    You aren't any better.

    You aren't any better. (Keep the train going)

    • Confused 1
    • nothanks 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Critters    41

    @2Square

    A lot of people have always and are yet again targeting Cops for their RP. I am not denying that there have been and I'm sure there will be in the future, issues of poor Cop RP (If this is the case please bring it to mine, or any other of the respective command team's attention). We are actively trying to weed out issues in this manner, but you have to be idiotic to deny the fact that Civs are equal guilty of this. If I had a dollar for every time I have experienced, or heard an Officer processing someone, when the Civ says that their face was burnt off, or they had acid spilled on their fingers, I would be a very rich man. Lets be clear here, it isn't an issue with them doing this, it becomes an issue when they turn around and say that their blood is made of mercury and make processing IMPOSSIBLY difficult (most of the time breaking RP).

    A lot of the suggestions and complaints are very skewed to one side, be it Cop, or Rebel, and a lot of you are making suggestions that will benefit an individual or a small ground rather than the greater majority of the community. It is not an easy thing, but when u complain and make suggestions you must try to look at it in the boots of the opposing faction.

    16 hours ago, 2Square said:

    - Gang affiliation: basically allows for cops to metagame civs tags

     I have a few points to raise on this;

    1. Sorry and not meaning to be an ass hole but correct terms must be used. Metagame is any advantage obtained by out of game means, what u are referring to is Fail-RP
    2. Civ's can use these tags in dec so why can't we?
    3. This was put in place because gang's dec, hide their weapons, one shoots and the others just stand in the middle of the street waiting for a cops back to be turned when the Cop can in some cases, be fully aware of gang affiliation through legitimate RP, yet can do nothing about it. It got abused to a point where it was so bad that it was cancer to even be on GD.

    In saying this, you should not be getting arrested for pure gang affiliation alone. At most, unless seen committing a crime, you should be detained and possibly ID checked. To top this off, the reason you are getting arrested is because you know you have a warrant for your arrest and the Cop has found this out from your ID, yet u stand in the open during a dec and you expect nothing to happen? If you are in dec with another Civ gang you don't stand out in the open like a stunned mullet, you hide in houses and fight.

    If this rule is being abused and used in a manner that it shouldn't be, please bring it to either JdawgZ, Havoxa, Robert Losure, Jarrods Capulet's or my attention and I can assure you it will be dealt with if it is a legitimate breach. With this please remember the chain of command and don't bring it straight to JdawgZ or I, unless none of the others can be contacted.

    17 hours ago, 2Square said:

    when our gang (sf) kill just a few cops in sydney. every other cop goes on armoured patrol

    Sorry but if you are hiding in houses and under bridges and you have repeatedly killed the entire cop force, do you expect them to just go out in SUV's to be slaughtered? No, they are going to escalate. You have already beat them multiple times in unarmoured vehicles it's pointless and quite frankly retarded to think they are just going to repeatedly go out and loose their hard earned money, because I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but Cops have to pay for ALL of their gear. It's also not a 'few' Cops so don't go parading that around, it happens when you completely or are close too wiping the whole GD. Like I said above if this is being abused and used incorrectly and it is a legit breach bring it to one of the above listed GD Command Team members and I assure you it will be dealt with.

    With saying this, I'm sure they had their reasons, but bring back the Office building on Syd Bridge and maybe even the large construction building. As a cop going on GD it is fun and it creates long lasting battles between Civ's and Cop's and it's a lot easier to hold for both factions than the factory.

    Lastly if you do have any suggestions I am more than happy to discuss the ones involving GD and so is the rest of my Command Team.

     

    • Like 4

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Kronas_NZ01    17
    30 minutes ago, Critters said:

     

    Sorry but if you are hiding in houses and under bridges and you have repeatedly killed the entire cop force, do you expect them to just go out in SUV's to be slaughtered? No, they are going to escalate. You have already beat them multiple times in unarmoured vehicles it's pointless and quite frankly retarded to think they are just going to repeatedly go out and loose their hard earned money, because I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but Cops have to pay for ALL of their gear. It's also not a 'few' Cops so don't go parading that around, it happens when you completely or are close too wiping the whole GD. Like I said above if this is being abused and used incorrectly and it is a legit breach bring it to one of the above listed GD Command Team members and I assure you it will be dealt with.

     

    if ya constantly getting slaughtered by a few bois with stings than the reality is ya just need to get good ay

    • Like 1
    • Clap 1
    • feelsretardedman 1
    • thonking 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2Square    87
    44 minutes ago, Critters said:

    I have a few points to raise on this;

    1. Sorry and not meaning to be an ass hole but correct terms must be used. Metagame is any advantage obtained by out of game means, what u are referring to is Fail-RP
    2. Civ's can use these tags in dec so why can't we?
    3. This was put in place because gang's dec, hide their weapons, one shoots and the others just stand in the middle of the street waiting for a cops back to be turned when the Cop can in some cases, be fully aware of gang affiliation through legitimate RP, yet can do nothing about it. It got abused to a point where it was so bad that it was cancer to even be on GD.

    I agree with you on this, I think that it is fair to cops to know who they are shooting at like us civs do, but I think it needs to be handled in a seperate way. For example if one of my boys get in a shootout with a cop and they are going full at it and I just rock up to watch and 100% of the time the cops arrest me for 'gang affiliation' when I didnt do anything and was just standing there, half the time they see the SF tag or the bounty and call it 'gang affiliation'. It should be that if a cop is in dec with a member of SF and are in active combat, they should only shoot at the member that is actively pursueing them (e.g. following them, has a gun out, shooting them). A great example of what should happen is this video: 

    But this only happend because all of us are good mates with Lenny. I can see you point of view and I agree with you, it just has to be handled in a different way.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Jack Fallen    19

    +1 to alot of comments, i feel that Striders should come back but cheaper like a cheap option to the 500k + Ifrits, because we don't  have hunters, i think Ifrits Striders and Qilins would be a good fit anyway i like alot of the comments and i feel that old KOS was pretty good but CP's are in good location there, the economy wipe is a stupid idea, if they wipe that i'll just stop playing to much of a grind to get back up to anything half decent, i feel i've seen alot of Reds comments on other suggestions and have agreed, there is alot of things to do on the server, i feel the only changes i'd make are,

    1. Add new Robberies (Which they are doing)

    2. Add Convoys and maybe a Counterfeit Cash Dealer and Counterfeit Cash, to add another element of roleplay

    3. I think a more in-depth jail system like seperate Cells etc, and to have a reason to put a Quote on Quote Prison Guard system and to only do so with a certain ammount of Population or something and to add new Prison Guard Uniforms more Roleplay and some activities to do in jail to get bail or to cut sentences for example, (Picking up Rubbish, Scrubbing the Walls, etc etc.) and as i said for the people who would be worried about like breaking out of prison you can only  do it with a specific ammount of cops on or if a Prison Guards signs on duty, also make it so you can get inside of the Prison and make it look like a Prison.

    4. I think they are doing this already but Nerfing things that need to be nerfed like Tazer,Knockdowns, and some rebel things like Prices etc.

    5. Not trying to argue with the people who are wanting to argue and not wanting to improve on the server, ignore them and answer once to all of the comments, and make it a bit more of a formal letter, act like you're either management, senior management or what high role you have on the server.

    6. Have a public test server where you openly share information and updates and do them more often and do it on the Update server first to see if it works and won't break the server, make it a normal Altis Life copy from the main but just add extra things that are updated.

    7. This is my last comment, i feel that the main is very West Based i feel that there should be some more civ action or just plain roleplay on the East Side by adding some things you can't do on the East Side, and making the other Capitals a bit bigger like Sydney, i also think maybe a possible Border in the middle of the map or before every main city so you can't leave at will all the time, more RBT stops and Checkpoints for Cops and more Civ stuff.

    I could go on and on but i really feel these are the main things i've covered.

    Alot of issues i've seen also with Members of the SRT Team about there lack of Roleplay i feel that it can be the case sometimes just trust in Kat to fix it 🙂

    • Like 1
    • feelsretardedman 5

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    China    122
    18 minutes ago, Jack Fallen said:

    +1 to alot of comments, i feel that Striders should come back but cheaper like a cheap option to the 500k + Ifrits, because we don't  have hunters, i think Ifrits Striders and Qilins would be a good fit anyway i like alot of the comments and i feel that old KOS was pretty good but CP's are in good location there, the economy wipe is a stupid idea, if they wipe that i'll just stop playing to much of a grind to get back up to anything half decent, i feel i've seen alot of Reds comments on other suggestions and have agreed, there is alot of things to do on the server, i feel the only changes i'd make are,

    1. Add new Robberies (Which they are doing)

    2. Add Convoys and maybe a Counterfeit Cash Dealer and Counterfeit Cash, to add another element of roleplay

    3. I think a more in-depth jail system like seperate Cells etc, and to have a reason to put a Quote on Quote Prison Guard system and to only do so with a certain ammount of Population or something and to add new Prison Guard Uniforms more Roleplay and some activities to do in jail to get bail or to cut sentences for example, (Picking up Rubbish, Scrubbing the Walls, etc etc.) and as i said for the people who would be worried about like breaking out of prison you can only  do it with a specific ammount of cops on or if a Prison Guards signs on duty, also make it so you can get inside of the Prison and make it look like a Prison.

    4. I think they are doing this already but Nerfing things that need to be nerfed like Tazer,Knockdowns, and some rebel things like Prices etc.

    5. Not trying to argue with the people who are wanting to argue and not wanting to improve on the server, ignore them and answer once to all of the comments, and make it a bit more of a formal letter, act like you're either management, senior management or what high role you have on the server.

    6. Have a public test server where you openly share information and updates and do them more often and do it on the Update server first to see if it works and won't break the server, make it a normal Altis Life copy from the main but just add extra things that are updated.

    7. This is my last comment, i feel that the main is very West Based i feel that there should be some more civ action or just plain roleplay on the East Side by adding some things you can't do on the East Side, and making the other Capitals a bit bigger like Sydney, i also think maybe a possible Border in the middle of the map or before every main city so you can't leave at will all the time, more RBT stops and Checkpoints for Cops and more Civ stuff.

    I could go on and on but i really feel these are the main things i've covered.

    Alot of issues i've seen also with Members of the SRT Team about there lack of Roleplay i feel that it can be the case sometimes just trust in Kat to fix it 🙂

    You literally just reposted this from earlier? @2Square Is the nick giving 2 seconds for people to comply? 

    Edited by bonked
    • Like 1
    • feelsretardedman 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    6IX    14

    I just honestly want to provide people with a fun place to play and with refreshing content to make everyone's days better. I want to do what i can but its all up to the people above me.

    • Like 2
    • <3 3

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Critters    41

    @2Square 

    The purpose is to stop u standing right behind a Cop and then the second their back is turned, you shooting him and walking off like nothing happened, it just isn't fair on the Cops and it was getting abused. Like I said they should just be detaining you so you can't participate in the dec, and maybe ID checking you and then letting you go. If you know your gang is in a dec then it's probably not the best idea to just stand in the open. This is completely overlooking the fact that you can very very easily just be standing there giving call outs to your mates and getting the Cops destroyed. I do see where you are coming from, I have and do occasional play Civ, but think of it realistically, if you are the APD's most wanted man/woman then ur gang is defiantly known to Police.

    @Kronas_NZ01

    It isn't a matter of the skill of the Officers, it's the fact that a large group isolate a small group (usually 2 cops in the one car) and shoot them out of the car the second they hop out. Some gangs just hide in buildings and ambush the one patrol unit once they are spike stripped, there really isn't any skill or lack there of involved.

    Edited by Critters
    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Randall    77
    2 hours ago, 2Square said:

    I agree with you on this, I think that it is fair to cops to know who they are shooting at like us civs do, but I think it needs to be handled in a seperate way. For example if one of my boys get in a shootout with a cop and they are going full at it and I just rock up to watch and 100% of the time the cops arrest me for 'gang affiliation' when I didnt do anything and was just standing there, half the time they see the SF tag or the bounty and call it 'gang affiliation'. It should be that if a cop is in dec with a member of SF and are in active combat, they should only shoot at the member that is actively pursueing them (e.g. following them, has a gun out, shooting them). A great example of what should happen is this video: 

    But this only happend because all of us are good mates with Lenny. I can see you point of view and I agree with you, it just has to be handled in a different way.

    If you want cops to not be able to see tags then you have to get rid of gang wide decs.

     

    As i've said the Sydney Bridge/Sydney gang issue can be solved by changing the declare rule.

     

    Gang wide decs on police and vice versa do not take effect inside City limits. This stops Sydney gangs bringing 10 people in and murdering the police force by sitting in 100 different buildings/spaces when one of their mates gets arrested for robbing/killing a random civ on the bridge.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2Square    87
    8 hours ago, bonked said:

    You literally just reposted this from earlier? @2Square Is the nick giving 2 seconds for people to comply? 

    yep

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2Square    87
    6 hours ago, Randall said:

    If you want cops to not be able to see tags then you have to get rid of gang wide decs.

     

    As i've said the Sydney Bridge/Sydney gang issue can be solved by changing the declare rule.

     

    Gang wide decs on police and vice versa do not take effect inside City limits. This stops Sydney gangs bringing 10 people in and murdering the police force by sitting in 100 different buildings/spaces when one of their mates gets arrested for robbing/killing a random civ on the bridge.

    If it is a vocal dec from the cops or a gang it should only be a dec on the ppl in the area, so yeah I agree wid u

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    DeHaas    7
    On 5/17/2019 at 7:04 PM, 2Square said:

    - Gang affiliation: basically allows for cops to metagame civs tags which is pretty unfire to the civs and discourages actual gang creation and gang gameplay, the boys and I have taken our tags off a couple times just so we cant be metagamed. But i can understand how this can work in certain situations.

    You have to see this from a cops POV. Just removing the rule can and would lead to more cops getting screwed over, like you can deck on the Cops but we cant shoot or arrest any of your little mates who are standing next to a cop waiting for him/her to be distracted and then giving them a fat bullet to the head. I feel the only way this could be balanced out is if gang wide decks are removed and although this would in theory fix the issue. Except I feel Cops would still get screwed over. Although I can also feel how you would be frustrated over the rule. Yet just straight up removing the rule would be bad there just needs to be new rules implemented to fix this.

    and also the 10 man gangs sitting at SYD bridge doesn't make it fun for the cops either, SYD bridge in generally makes me wanna die even when I'm a CIV I feel as if I'm going yo either get RDM'd, robbed or just decked on so I feel some map editing or something needs to be done to remove that cancer from the server. as a nice showcase of the cancer of syd bridge there is this lovely video from Mr. 2Square :

    and one last thing I truly believe should be changed is the god damn civ to cop ratio its just stupid to see 20 cops and 20 civs its just unneeded if you see a **** ton of cops on and not too many civs, GO ****ING CIV its not the end of your life you can still be a cop later its just ****y to go cop when there is a retarded ratio so dont be a dick just go civ..............................................

    Edited by DeHaas

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2Square    87
    5 hours ago, DeHaas said:

    You have to see this from a cops POV. Just removing the rule can and would lead to more cops getting screwed over, like you can deck on the Cops but we cant shoot or arrest any of your little mates who are standing next to a cop waiting for him/her to be distracted and then giving them a fat bullet to the head. I feel the only way this could be balanced out is if gang wide decks are removed and although this would in theory fix the issue. Except I feel Cops would still get screwed over. Although I can also feel how you would be frustrated over the rule. Yet just straight up removing the rule would be bad there just needs to be new rules implemented to fix this.

    and also the 10 man gangs sitting at SYD bridge doesn't make it fun for the cops either, SYD bridge in generally makes me wanna die even when I'm a CIV I feel as if I'm going yo either get RDM'd, robbed or just decked on so I feel some map editing or something needs to be done to remove that cancer from the server. as a nice showcase of the cancer of syd bridge there is this lovely video from Mr. 2Square :

    and one last thing I truly believe should be changed is the god damn civ to cop ratio its just stupid to see 20 cops and 20 civs its just unneeded if you see a **** ton of cops on and not too many civs, GO ****ING CIV its not the end of your life you can still be a cop later its just ****y to go cop when there is a retarded ratio so dont be a dick just go civ..............................................

    good video tho

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.

    ×