Sign in to follow this  
Snohman

DLC: Contact

Snohman    52

I, for one, welcome our new alien overloads.

so a return to the traditioinal stye DLC from bohemia, a first contact themed pack that is compatible with vanilla. from what i've seen so far it should be able to be used with players who don't have the DLC rather than the whole lock-out style that global mobilisation had. means we should be able to add some new mechanics into our I&A missions.

not a huge ammount of content, ie; 5 guns, 2 cars, 1 drone, a new map and a whole bunch of new map buildings.

the new map, looks approx 12 x 12km which is slightly larger than tanoa. Set in eastern europe, alot of the new building assets definatly have a cherno vibe to them. Airport in the North west looks like this map already is a step above global mobilisation and shouldnt be to hard to add to the I&A map rotation.

the two items that peaked my interest is the addition of NBC suits, and decontamination. that cool if it's only a skin, but if they have added gameplay mechanics to that, it would be awesome to add to the possible side missions or zeus options.

the second item is the addition of more electronic warefare equipment. a spectrum analyser is shown in one of the screenshots provided which could add to the gps jamming mission. and there is talk of proper scramblers, jammers and radios in the dlc info pack. i'm hoping that might add some TFAR type dynamics to the vanilla radios.

anyway they whole theme could be good for a "spooky saturday" dynamic.

it's currently got a 10% Discount on steam, but at $31.49, its certainly at the more expensive end for what seems like a fairly limited pack

DLC contact map.jpg

arma3_contact_screenshot_07.jpg

arma3_contact_screenshot_06.jpg

arma3_contact_screenshot_04.jpg

arma3_contact_screenshot_10.jpg

arma3_contact_screenshot_09.jpg