Qeus

Mods / Addons wishlist

Qeus    198

Hi soldiers,

Please post your wishlist of addons/mods you'd like to see on the public coop server. There are at this time no intentions of adding third party addons/mods to the public server, but there may be opportunities in the future.

Myself, I would like weapons/vehicle/assets addons like RHS.

• Zombine45    177

I for one would love to see a vanilla I&A server (No ACE or any of that) with RHS, I'd give just about anything to have an Abrams or a Bradley in Arma 3!

Nova    1779
    59 minutes ago, Qeus said:

JSRS DragonFyre 2.5 has been enabled for use on the co-op public server. Will take effect after restart.

Have a good 'Straya Day guys!

oh cool. will have to download it. wouldnt all these mods have to be client side mods? if not then i think task force radio would be a great asset.

21 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

I for one would love to see a vanilla I&A server (No ACE or any of that) with RHS, I'd give just about anything to have an Abrams or a Bradley in Arma 3!

i think we should have ace but the basic medical system. just bandages and morphine. you last a lot longer if you get shot instead of dying straight away

• Like 1

Zombine45    177
    52 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

i think we should have ace but the basic medical system. just bandages and morphine. you last a lot longer if you get shot instead of dying straight away

Personally, I've never been a big fan of ACE, it definitely adds another level to the game, and i love the interaction menu, but having arma be that immersive is just a bit too much for me. Which is why I'm so hard pressed to find a server with RHS and not ACE. Personally, i think for that reason (Having ACE) might drive away a lot of newer players who might be scared off by ACE's complexity (I know i would).

• reee 1

Nova    1779
    41 minutes ago, Zombine45 said:

Personally, I've never been a big fan of ACE, it definitely adds another level to the game, and i love the interaction menu, but having arma be that immersive is just a bit too much for me. Which is why I'm so hard pressed to find a server with RHS and not ACE. Personally, i think for that reason (Having ACE) might drive away a lot of newer players who might be scared off by ACE's complexity (I know i would).

yeah i get what you mean but these are all client side mods i believe but if it comes to a modded server then i guess no ace would be better with vehicle and weapons packs

Kalthramis    58

Actually, they need not be client-side mods. 

One of the upcomig updates to Arma (Might be with Eden? If not, Apex) is the ability to download workshop mods when joining a server. Things like RHS (assuming they ever put it on WRKS), ACE, CUP, and more will be usable on public servers. 

Additionally and presumably, modified mods (ex ACE medical only) could be uploaded as private for a server, allowing joining players to download it without having it be public and thereby harming the creator.

This should tie in nicely with the planned donator skins.

Personally, I would like Dsylexi's group mod. I forget the name of it, but its useful for squad management and control.

Nova    1779
    8 minutes ago, Kalthramis said:

Actually, they need not be client-side mods. 

One of the upcomig updates to Arma (Might be with Eden? If not, Apex) is the ability to download workshop mods when joining a server. Things like RHS (assuming they ever put it on WRKS), ACE, CUP, and more will be usable on public servers. 

Additionally and presumably, modified mods (ex ACE medical only) could be uploaded as private for a server, allowing joining players to download it without having it be public and thereby harming the creator.

This should tie in nicely with the planned donator skins.

Personally, I would like Dsylexi's group mod. I forget the name of it, but its useful for squad management and control.

weapons and vehicle packs can be client side but would be better serverside. and its called shacktac and i think quicksilver is working on his own one called quacktac

• Like 2

Kalthramis    58
    3 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

weapons and vehicle packs can be client side but would be better serverside. and its called shacktac and i think quicksilver is working on his own one called quacktac

Quacktac? That's the greatest name mod ever. 

They can, true. An invisible gun isnt a big deal, but an invisible helicopter most certainly is.

It's also been mentioned that clientside mods may not be allowed, since its easy to hide hacks in them. I can speak attest to this from the 69th I&A server.

Edited by Kalthramis

Nova    1779
    Just now, Kalthramis said:

Quacktac? That's the greatest mod ever. 

They can, true. An invisible gun isnt a big deal, but an invisible helicopter most certainly is.

It's also been mentioned that clientside mods may not be allowed, since its easy to hide hacks in them. I can speak attest to this from the 69th I&A server.

yeah thats why i thought mods wouldnt catch on. ive seen people get in helicopters and fly around i cant see. they just float around. but yeah quacktac is pretty much the same but not lol

Qeus    198

Sneak peek of the QuackTac HUD (will be an optional feature ingame).

Not final product, still debating on whether to center it (like shacktac) or offset so the commandbar (squad bar to the left) does not overlap, as seen below:

2016-01-21_00009_zps7ws5rx8u.jpg

Do you think it should be centered (like shacktac) or offset (like the photo)?

Edited by Qeus
    • Like 4

Kalthramis    58

I'd probably make a separate thread for it, but, If you can make it configurable, that'd be your best bet. Dsylexi's is centered because for anyone but squad lead, that UI isnt there. But everyone has their own preferences. 

Which is the wonderful thing about modding. Preferences. Something Dsylexi's is lacking. 

Square versus circle maps, rank icons vs the pointed circles, team icons only vs whole squad icons, etc.

dasweetdude    327

Cup Weapons , Mas Vehicles & Weapons , RHS any Weapons Pack or Vehicles Pack everyone likes would be good. Give us more assets even gives the enemy more assets and more things for zues would be good too.

• Like 5

SixtyCal    4

I think that the Australian Defence Force Uncut mod should be added. The mod consists of real weapons and vehicles used by the ADF, as well as uniforms. The assets in the mod would go great with the Invade & Annex Server in my opinion.

Here's the link to the download, which contains more info about the mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20582

And here is a showcase video of the mod:

I hope the owners consider taking a look at this mod, as I think it would be a great addition to the server.

Thanks!

• Like 4

McManlet    5

I think we need to get Task Force Radio Along with RHS.

Lately ATC and other more role-playey type things have been popping up in the I&A server as of late, and these two mods would allow us to get more indepth with the role play.

Plus I think it's long overdue in general, these two mods add so much more variety and opportunity to the game. Theres nothing like a wipeout going over blasting CSAT to hell with freedom, but what if you could be talking to that pilot through a long range radio while they're in an actual A-10 blasting RUSSIANS with freedom.

So these mods should be added ASAP for one more reason aswell

They're just bloody sick.

• Like 2

Nova    1779

task force is something i definetely want but getting the full RHS NATO and SPETSNAZ in would be a bit much. would like just the NATO.

Qeus    198

Hi guys!

Wednesday, 18th May between the hours of AEST 00:01-17:59 we are going to enable for use the following addons:

ADR-97 Weapon Pack  

Be aware that the addons will be enabled for client use and not a required addon. Players without the addon will see only an invisible asset. As such it will only be available during off-peak hours.

I'll also try to run a few CQB Zeus missions that day and I encourage other Zeus operators to attempt the same.

Edited by Qeus
    • Like 2

Qeus    198

at the wednesday 00:00 restart will enable and at the 18:00 restart will disable. Basically we're looking at enabling a few weapon mods for the off-peak hours of the off-peak (mid-week) days.

Edited by Qeus
    • Like 2