Qeus

Mods / Addons wishlist

Klien    2

S!, Sir's ;

Looking forward to some more of QS's Zeus'ing.

Watching Server.

• Like 1

• Lotza    522

I think ACE and TFR would be great additions.
    I also believe that adding Backpack on chest would be quite helpful.

Kalthramis    58

The P90 official mod was added to the server during non-peak hours, right? I haven't been able to use it yet.

Qeus    198

For the time being its off-peak hours on Wednesdays (AEST). 00:00 - 17:59. 

We haven't set up a .bat file yet to control it so its just manually adding keys to the folder for now.

If you have weapon pack suggestions let me know ;)

Edited by Qeus

WestOz    40

Hi, 

Bit of a noob with this stuff, wondering what else if any is available to run client side, or other, for better experience etc?

From thread posts I've found;

1. I&A Custom addon - https://strayagaming.com.au/forums/topic/4262-ia-custom-addon/

2. JSRS4 Apex 1.2 - https://strayagaming.com.au/forums/topic/2240-mods-addons-wishlist/?do=findComment&comment=14340

Is that it? any benefit from things like, Community Base addons A3? - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

Ta

Edit: do these things update themselves via steam or do i have to keep checking?

Edited by WestOz
    +Q

Nova    1779
    17 minutes ago, WestOz said:

Hi, 

Bit of a noob with this stuff, wondering what else if any is available to run client side, or other, for better experience etc?

From thread posts I've found;

1. I&A Custom addon - https://strayagaming.com.au/forums/topic/4262-ia-custom-addon/

2. JSRS4 Apex 1.2 - https://strayagaming.com.au/forums/topic/2240-mods-addons-wishlist/?do=findComment&comment=14340

Is that it? any benefit from things like, Community Base addons A3? - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

Ta

Edit: do these things update themselves via steam or do i have to keep checking?

the custom addon isnt on the server. it never really was as far as i can tell. 
    JSRS4 Apex is on the server its just a sound mod. needs to be downloaded from armaholic or their website. it doesnt update that often so its not an issue
    CBA is good for putting other mods on that arent client side.

Fitz    1239

The custom addon is on the server it's just not very noticeable. Not 100% sure but I think it has a bigger effect on Tanoa compared to Altis.

WestOz    40

Yep, added them, was more wondering if there was anything else out there in webland I'm not aware for better experience etc.

CreedJr    385
    8 minutes ago, WestOz said:

Yep, added them, was more wondering if there was anything else out there in webland I'm not aware for better experience etc.

I was under the impression that the arma 3 official modpack that is the P90 looking gun was added to the I&A? Correct me if I am wrong @InfamousNova

Fitz    1239
    2 minutes ago, Aidanjr said:

I was under the impression that the arma 3 official modpack that is the P90 looking gun was added to the I&A? Correct me if I am wrong @InfamousNova

It was added a couple times to test but not in anymore.

peatey8000    9

Boys. I've found the perfect mod for the server.

RAPTORS !!!

--------Raptors 
    --------modules to spawn hostile dinosaurs with a lot of options 

features: 

- modules to dynamically spawn raptors all around you or in fixed locations 

- countless options to make this as flexible as possible for mission makers 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=781602313&searchtext=

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

A friendly raptor or two on the defence mission would serve as a deterrent to approaching CSAT.

LOL

Edited by peatey8000
    • Like 6

M9'    169

As Arma 3 is a military simulator/game, patriotism is definitely a theme that ought to have some leg room.

I would absolutely love to see some Australian Defence Force character camouflage BDU patterns with Australian Flag patches, both in the new AMCU pattern and the older, yet still in service, AUSCAM variant. Realistically, the current U.S NATO camouflage in the vanilla Arma 3, with modified Australian Flag patches rather than U.S patches, would be fine if conformity is sought after. It would be a great addition to the server imo seeing as how it is Australian based and operated. The potential for flags and IDs on vehicles is also a nice thought.

Sure the lore is U.S led NATO, but I believe there is more that can be done to bring the 'Straya' side of StrayaGaming out to shine.

Let me know what y'all think.. ;)

• Like 2

LaughingCow    21

I like the idea of being able to wear AUS uniform and rep the AUS flag
    cause at the end of the day who really wants to be running around with American flag on their shoulder :p 

• Like 1

Ora209    142
    On 07/11/2016 at 0:44 AM, Synapse said:

I like the idea of being able to wear AUS uniform and rep the AUS flag
    cause at the end of the day who really wants to be running around with American flag on their shoulder :p 

unfortunately that kinda think is in-bedded within the texture... the only way around it would be to change the textures to have the Aussie flag and adjust the spawn code. the other thing is that there isn't just the american flag on the uniforms... from memory i think theres also the union jack and possibly others

Fitz    1239
    3 minutes ago, Ora209 said:

unfortunately that kinda think is in-bedded within the texture... the only way around it would be to change the textures to have the Aussie flag and adjust the spawn code. the other thing is that there isn't just the american flag on the uniforms... from memory i think theres also the union jack and possibly others

Not as hard as you make it seem. Once I get back, I'll get an Auscam texture and shoulder patches with flags put in.

• Like 4

Fitz    1239

Here's what I got at the moment. Let me know if there's any other insignia/flags you guys want.

20161110213010_1.jpg20161110213044_1.jpg

@MNine @Synapse

Edited by Fitz
    • Like 5

M9'    169
    18 hours ago, Fitz said:

Here's what I got at the moment. Let me know if there's any other insignia/flags you guys want.

@MNine @Synapse

That looks sweet as all hell, love it @Fitz

M9'    169
    19 hours ago, Fitz said:

@MNine @Synapse

So this is awesome to see. If it were to be implemented down the track I would definitely use it for piloting, I think having that flag facing outward while piloting a hummingbird would look sick. However, I think it would stand out a bit too much in the paler/more beige landscape of Altis. I'm thinking something more like the standard U.S camo used heavily throughout the vanilla Arma 3. Any kind of custom mulitcam pattern with that kind of colour set with aussie flags would be awesome. Thanks heaps @Fitz

Fitz    1239
    1 hour ago, MNine said:

So this is awesome to see. If it were to be implemented down the track I would definitely use it for piloting, I think having that flag facing outward while piloting a hummingbird would look sick. However, I think it would stand out a bit too much in the paler/more beige landscape of Altis. I'm thinking something more like the standard U.S camo used heavily throughout the vanilla Arma 3. Any kind of custom mulitcam pattern with that kind of colour set with aussie flags would be awesome. Thanks heaps @Fitz

The flag is a separate patch you can choose in game in the donator menu, so you can put it on any uniform like so. Haven't decided yet whether to put the flag as default on the auscam one or leave it as a patch.

107410_20161111212152_1.png

I don't really see the point in putting a new texture on the server that is the exact same as the default but with a different flag on it. Could still be added though if the pbo isn't too big after adding all the other skins we have coming.

Not sure what other multicam patterns you'd want as they would all be similar to the default. The only one that is a bit different is the one from this guy's mod which also has the flag on it already

multicam.png

• Like 4

M9'    169
    15 hours ago, Fitz said:

The flag is a separate patch you can choose in game in the donator menu, so you can put it on any uniform like so. Haven't decided yet whether to put the flag as default on the auscam one or leave it as a patch.

107410_20161111212152_1.png

I don't really see the point in putting a new texture on the server that is the exact same as the default but with a different flag on it. Could still be added though if the pbo isn't too big after adding all the other skins we have coming.

Not sure what other multicam patterns you'd want as they would all be similar to the default. The only one that is a bit different is the one from this guy's mod which also has the flag on it already

multicam.png

Alright that's fair enough, it would be good if at some point the U.S patches could be changed to Australian ones, however, if it's too much of an hassle for too little then that's all good. I do believe I have played with that mod's camos in the past, the darker textures actually worked out really great for what we need at the time as we were playing on a darker Namalsk terrain.

To be honest, I could go either way with how I feel about running around with U.S tags on; it's not really that big of a deal, and in no way worth any kind of great effort to make happen, however on the other hand, I personally really loved being able to switch out to third person every now and then to grab a screenshot of the flag on the landscape. It was almost as though it signified that we (Australia) had gone and done what we (irl Australians) had done, as opposed to just playing a game that didn't really matter in the greater scheme of things. People go into real depth with how their realism missions play out and I really do see the value that taking pride in what you are doing in game adds. Despite the fact that it is just a game, it's an element that people can enjoy.

Now, I'm not saying that StrayaGaming I&A is the most milsim experience out there, I understand that a lot of people really aren't going to care. I would probably find myself not really minding whatever camos were in the game day to day, it's not as if it changes the overall gameplay experience all that much. Yet every now and then, while sitting on the inside of a ghosthawk as we rtb from a successful defence, I look down to see a U.S patch on my shoulder, and it itches me a bit inside.

I'm sure I don't need to explain this all to someone as experienced as yourself, no doubt you have been toying with an idea like this for a while. In reality, it's not going to be in any way a game changer, and if it would be too much of an ask, I understand, tbh just the initial consideration was good to see. No doubt I'll donate a little something here or there at some point in the future so at least I'll have that. Thanks heaps..

• Like 1

real    114

You could change the flags on any of the uniforms using the original texture, it really wouldn't take much effort at all to implement.