Sign in to follow this  
Myron

QRF/FEXT/RECON

Myron    12

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and new to ArmA3. The last time I played anything like it was Operation Flashpoint a billion years ago.

I know I'm the new guy here so please don't be upset, I just have some fun addon ideas:

On I&A Tanoa myself and a few other soldiers have formed a semi-official QRF (Quick Reactionary Force) team. Here we mostly engage in side missions to get rewards for the rest of the team. We also provide emergency assistance QRF to battlegroup main, take on the caches missions, rescue PWs (kinda FEXT stuff I guess - Field EXpoitation Team) and recon out targets on foot and by air. I was wondering what the options are for the DV crew to extend the scenarios for side ops as we're getting such a kick out of them! Are we allowed to make an official sub category of StrayaGaming I&A Tanoa? Right the QRF team are dialing their shit in, we even have training planned where we discuss, button hooking, rolling-T, slicing the pie, diamond, double diamond etc. I am easily the worst player in the team lol! But the team is patient.

The second idea is for a greater use to the commander role. Right now to CO does nothing in the battle space and is an empty slot. But now in Tanoe the Island has three teams, Aviation support (HAWKEYE), battle group main (for want of a better term) and QRF. Because of these three elements we are finding comms busy. We have the BG Main comm channel, the QRF channel and the teamspeak channel. Can someone take the lead and lease officially between BG Main and QRF? BG Main and QRF can both get comms with aviation assets via teamspeak, but not each other. I'm guessing we could (or maybe we already do??) allow the CO (who must be in COMD of BG Main),  QRF CMD and ALL Avn units access to the side channel, then the new QRF team can liaise with BG Main.

Is everyone with me? Does this make sense?

PS Grovesey,
In 6AVN 161SQN they used to fly Kiowas, their CS was 'Redback'. Would you like to roll with that CS if the Side Channel was approved to team leaders?

• Like 4

• Zombine45    177

While your ideas are pretty solid, the straya I&A servers are extremely casual. And i think you'd find that even if things like this were implemented, only a small percentage would follow them. There are plenty of other communities that would probably love to implement ideas like this, but you won't have much luck here unfortunately.

Though if your first idea is for a teamspeak sub channel then that might be able to happen, it's happened in the past, though after it was made i don't think i ever saw anyone actually use it...

• Sad 1

MAJMILLER    3

It wouldn't hurt to ask someone with a little authority to further discuss this topic as I back Myron in this decision and look forward to playing with these ideas implemented if possible

• Like 1

Myron    12

TBH Zombine we seem to be most of the way there already.

- I run comms for QRF
    - Grovesey runs liason comms for Aircraft

...all were missing is a player to run comms for battle group main, that player also doubles up as the Commander role. It's just one person. People can still run and gun all they want. It'll mean we can liase with battle group main without being in their group and pissing them off. It's just one more player that we need to give it a shot.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in infantry minor tactics, urban formations etc let me know, I'll run a short lesson tonight after 8pm (when my kids are in bed lol).

• Like 1

.Scorpion    118

Looks like a good idea. However, what needs to be kept in mind is that not everyone likes the organised fashion (or whatever you might call it) of warfare. Many people play this casually.

All the above said, +1.

• Like 1

Bread    18

22 hours ago, Myron said:

I was wondering what the options are for the DV crew to extend the scenarios for side ops as we're getting such a kick out of them!

As long as the additional things don't throw the server performance down the drain this sounds good.

Are we allowed to make an official sub category of StrayaGaming I&A Tanoa? Right the QRF team are dialing their shit in

I don't see the need for something "official" to be created for a small group, as the tools needed for private groups to operate are already there. Sure maybe a sub channel under the Side Teams like the other two there, but other than that I don't think anything needs to be added.

The second idea is for a greater use to the commander role. Right now to CO does nothing in the battle space and is an empty slot. But now in Tanoe the Island has three teams, Aviation support (HAWKEYE), battle group main (for want of a better term) and QRF. Because of these three elements we are finding comms busy. We have the BG Main comm channel, the QRF channel and the teamspeak channel. Can someone take the lead and lease officially between BG Main and QRF? BG Main and QRF can both get comms with aviation assets via teamspeak, but not each other. I'm guessing we could (or maybe we already do??) allow the CO (who must be in COMD of BG Main),  QRF CMD and ALL Avn units access to the side channel, then the new QRF team can liaise with BG Main.

The main groups are generally not organised so having someone be the "commander" between them and air / side teams is kind of pointless. If people want to be organised between some of the main groups and side groups / air  then the platoon channels are open to use for such purposes

Edited by Bread
    • Like 1

Myron    12
    1 hour ago, Bread said:

If people want to be organised between some of the main groups and side groups / air  then the platoon channels are open to use for such purposes

Hey Bread, I'm kind of new to ArmA. What's a Platoon Channel? I know of side and group. 

Reference new side missions, how would you like us to get proposals to your dv team and what are our arcs of what is feasible? Thanks for being open to this man, that's really cool! 

Bread    18
    1 hour ago, Myron said:

Hey Bread, I'm kind of new to ArmA. What's a Platoon Channel? I know of side and group. 

Platoons are part of the additional channels you can join, if you hit home, select comm-link and then go radio management you can change what channels you have enabled / disabled.

Edited by Bread
    • Like 1

Zombine45    177
    1 hour ago, Myron said:

Reference new side missions, how would you like us to get proposals to your dv team and what are our arcs of what is feasible? Thanks for being open to this man, that's really cool! 

Just post a thread in the Suggestions sub forum. As for what is feasible, pretty much anything that can be done with AI, you just can't get too insane with it because server FPS is important. I for one would like to see more side missions that affect the current AO like the artillery or AA battery ones.

Also in relation to my earlier post, i wasn't trying to rain on your parade or anything, just trying to be realistic with how I&A usually operates.

• Like 1

Nugs    17
    On 6/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, Myron said:

TBH Zombine we seem to be most of the way there already.

- I run comms for QRF
    - Grovesey runs liason comms for Aircraft

...all were missing is a player to run comms for battle group main, that player also doubles up as the Commander role. It's just one person. People can still run and gun all they want. It'll mean we can liase with battle group main without being in their group and pissing them off. It's just one more player that we need to give it a shot.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in infantry minor tactics, urban formations etc let me know, I'll run a short lesson tonight after 8pm (when my kids are in bed lol).

Nugs finds this all very interesting, and will back this idea.

Nugs is also from the days of OpF and Resistance so A3 is still new.

SG is casual a f, but some semblance of order is required at times.

• Like 2

Myron    12

Mate I'm with you hey. I've heard you have a go at players before for just being village idiots lol and it's fair.

On that note, I'm assembling a little present for people like yourself and the DV team which will be on a new topic.

...coming soon.

Myron    12

This idea was poopooed by Bread ? anyways mate so it doesn't matter anymore regardless of how many people back it. Can't blame him, people have real jobs, families etc!

Bread was however ok with the idea of more side ops, maybe another topic starter again? Got some very interesting ideas which I perceive would be low drag on server requirements.